Recent Topics

Ads

Healing nerf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Zxul

Re: Healing nerf

Post#51 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:20 pm

sogeou wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:46 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:32 am
sogeou wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:13 pm No it is a SOV DOK/ WP problem. Those classes need their armor reduced. Just alone they can aoe detaunt and heal thru damage. They reduce incoming damage by 75% with 500 toughness and 4k armor. So, yeah melee hitting them for 200-400 damage max while they are disrupting damage like crazy from BW's. All they need is to make SOV like live, they added extra armor count to SOV gear, which live did not have. Also, while damage is much lower on this server than live. It is not a problem always, just with over geared Russians who are all full sov from farming the city at like 4 am.
I read a lot excuses and little substance. With all the debuffs available, there is virtually no chance for the single healer to survive. Especially, when you can't detaunt all attackers. All those stats matter nothing after debuffs.

Reading is not good for you I see. Or just the fact you don't know classes maybe, DOK/ WP always have AoE detaunt with 100% up time. I have seen so many DOK/WP face tank groups of people. The issue is not the same for other healers, which is WHY I said DOK/WP in my post which you did not read lol. The fact they can get 60% disrupt and 30% parry while having high toughness and 4k armor with their AOE detaunt makes it crazy hard to bring one down unless you have a WH with 75% healing debuff on them.

I don't think healing really needs to be changed, but adding soft caps to each armor types would fix a lot of things. DOK/WP should be soft capped at 2500.
And knowing what are you talking about is not good for you I see. Dok/wp detaunt isn't an infinite range one- dok one is 30 f around the dok, wp one is 30 f around the offensive target. So no, if dok/wp is attacked by ranged or ranged+melee, he can't detaunt all attackers.

Also, mind telling me just how can dok/wp get a 60% disrupt rate, considering that even soft capped will adds only 5% or so disrupt vs soft capped intel, and that dok/wp with 4 k armor and 500 toughness won't be anywhere near soft capped will?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
sogeou

Post#52 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:20 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:32 am

I read a lot excuses and little substance. With all the debuffs available, there is virtually no chance for the single healer to survive. Especially, when you can't detaunt all attackers. All those stats matter nothing after debuffs.

Reading is not good for you I see. Or just the fact you don't know classes maybe, DOK/ WP always have AoE detaunt with 100% up time. I have seen so many DOK/WP face tank groups of people. The issue is not the same for other healers, which is WHY I said DOK/WP in my post which you did not read lol. The fact they can get 60% disrupt and 30% parry while having high toughness and 4k armor with their AOE detaunt makes it crazy hard to bring one down unless you have a WH with 75% healing debuff on them.

I don't think healing really needs to be changed, but adding soft caps to each armor types would fix a lot of things. DOK/WP should be soft capped at 2500.
And knowing what are you talking about is not good for you I see. Dok/wp detaunt isn't an infinite range one- dok one is 30 f around the dok, wp one is 30 f around the offensive target. So no, if dok/wp is attacked by ranged or ranged+melee, he can't detaunt all attackers.

Also, mind telling me just how can dok/wp get a 60% disrupt rate, considering that even soft capped will adds only 5% or so disrupt vs soft capped intel, and that dok/wp with 4 k armor and 500 toughness won't be anywhere near soft capped will?

100 % uptime. I said nothing about range. There goes your great reading skills lol. Terrible man lol. My WP has 60% disrupt when using the disrupt tactic and I stack it with full conq proc. This makes the 20% more healing proc always up.

Last edited by sogeou on Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless

Post#53 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:46 pm

Imo it is not healing but tanks that bring real survivability to the group. All the tools that tanks bring make healing relevant but on itself it is nothing without competent tank play
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Zxul

Post#54 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:05 pm

sogeou wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:45 pm

100 % uptime. I said nothing about range. There goes your great reading skills lol. Terrible man lol. My WP has 60% disrupt when using the disrupt tactic and I stack it with full conq proc. This makes the 20% more healing proc always up.

Nice try, but this is the post which you replied to, and which you conveniently removed from quote, so try again:
Sulorie wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:32 am I read a lot excuses and little substance. With all the debuffs available, there is virtually no chance for the single healer to survive. Especially, when you can't detaunt all attackers. All those stats matter nothing after debuffs.
Also, dok doesn't has the disrupt tactic, so you speaking about dok/wp instead of just wp already means you again don't know what are you talking about.

Now lets get to the fun part. Your actual disrupt rate is shown in .getstats and not in the stats window which you posted. So once again, you have no idea about how the game actually works.

In other words, like many here had said, your issue is not doks/wps being hard to kill, but the l2p one.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

sogeou

Post#55 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:32 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:05 pm

Nice try, but this is the post which you replied to, and which you conveniently removed from quote, so try again:
Sulorie wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:32 am I read a lot excuses and little substance. With all the debuffs available, there is virtually no chance for the single healer to survive. Especially, when you can't detaunt all attackers. All those stats matter nothing after debuffs.
Also, dok doesn't has the disrupt tactic, so you speaking about dok/wp instead of just wp already means you again don't know what are you talking about.

Now lets get to the fun part. Your actual disrupt rate is shown in .getstats and not in the stats window which you posted. So once again, you have no idea about how the game actually works.

In other words, like many here had said, your issue is not doks/wps being hard to kill, but the l2p one.

Again you are dumb. My getstats says the same thing almost. Dev's said some things don't show on getstats, but paper doll is correct now. You will see RR pointed spent, but not willpower buffed to disrupt in getstats. So again. You try, but fail. A DOK can get to 50% without trying. It is not like I was trying with my WP, an extra 10% is not that much more. Also, they fixed the paper doll a long time ago, so it almost always matches .getstats. Unless you are looking for buffs from main stats, which is not shown on get stats and some procs. Example WL's parry tactic does not show sometimes.

Sulorie

Post#56 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:58 pm

The next time this mysterious unkillable wp/dok thing happens, you record it, post it on youtube or elsewhere and I can explain to you, what you see on your own screen.
Dying is no option.

sogeou

Post#57 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:25 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:58 pm The next time this mysterious unkillable wp/dok thing happens, you record it, post it on youtube or elsewhere and I can explain to you, what you see on your own screen.

I mean, I have done it many of times and go to the duel area to see how long I can stay alive while double heal debuffed from full SOV WH's. Pretty much don't die while being a lowbie WP. I look at my combat log and getting hit for 100-200 with 700 mitigated. Also, seen ninja tank like 7-8 people. Problem is just end gear game has too much armor on it, it has a higher value than what live had.

Zxul

Post#58 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:47 pm

sogeou wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:32 pm

Again you are dumb. My getstats says the same thing almost. Dev's said some things don't show on getstats, but paper doll is correct now. You will see RR pointed spent, but not willpower buffed to disrupt in getstats. So again. You try, but fail. A DOK can get to 50% without trying. It is not like I was trying with my WP, an extra 10% is not that much more. Also, they fixed the paper doll a long time ago, so it almost always matches .getstats. Unless you are looking for buffs from main stats, which is not shown on get stats and some procs. Example WL's parry tactic does not show sometimes.
Repeat it a few more times, it might start sounding convincing.

Back to the point:

1. Paper doll shows your disrupt including theoretical disrupt gain from will, while practically even with soft capped will you will disrupt extra 5% or so vs opponent with a soft capped intel, like any rdps will have- like I already said.
2. As such, paper doll has nothing to do with your real disrupt %.
3. You are still talking out of your ass.
4. The general point that you have no idea how the game works stands.

Ads
sogeou

Post#59 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:19 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:47 pm
sogeou wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:32 pm

Repeat it a few more times, it might start sounding convincing.

Back to the point:

1. Paper doll shows your disrupt including theoretical disrupt gain from will, while practically even with soft capped will you will disrupt extra 5% or so vs opponent with a soft capped intel, like any rdps will have- like I already said.
2. As such, paper doll has nothing to do with your real disrupt %.
3. You are still talking out of your ass.
4. The general point that you have no idea how the game works stands.
18 % from RR, 17% from tactics, 16% from gear , 10 % from proc = 61 % Add in tank buffs i.e IB's 400 (12% ) willpower buff= numbers I have. Stand about 60-70% disrupt and 30 ish parry. All while have a 0 % chance to be crit and 8k wounds 3700 armor while being a not geared out well.

I understand everything. You not so much.

Again, you have no clue to what you are talking about. I sit and laugh when I see the large strings of disrupt coming in.

Bozzax

Post#60 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:45 pm

Spoiler:
Unless they changed it

Intelligence vs Willpower = Disrupt

<defensive stat>/<offensive stat>*0.075 = base defence chance (this is capped at 25%)
7,5% Disrupt from willpower if both are at 1050

Paperdoll is fake news
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7