Recent Topics

Ads

STEALTH FOR SHADOW WARRIOR

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
segedi

STEALTH FOR SHADOW WARRIOR

Post#1 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Shadow warrior range is terrible. there are so many other classes that are much stronger in range attacks that when you go against them you will simply loose every time. Considering that the range and movement should be shadow warriors strength he is not good at this.

Defense in generally is very poor in this stance. With no proper defense and healing, you life ends very quickly.

SCOUT STANCE: This style is ok if you have a defensive line infront of you. but most of the time you loose if you get charged with no defense and if the other player has longer range or does their range attacks before you.. since you loose you movement ability in this, you are screwed if the enemy closes up on you, which is super easy in this stance.

SKIRMISH STANCE: Yes you do have more movement. but you can't run away and shoot at the same time. if you are charged than you flee and usually the enemy managed to out range even more in this stance or charge up to you, since this stance uses abilities that forces you to move up close to the enemy. Also attacking and defending a fort in skirmish stance is just ****, you barely have the range to reach the ground.

I think this could be balanced out if he had a STEALTH skill. at least then he could flee from battles easier and move to an ambushing position. That could be locked down to Skirmish and Scout stance. It would make up for the lack of range and weakness in defense. This STEALTH can also be less effective than the other STEALTH characters abilities to avoid OP.

What do you guys think?
Indie Game developer - segediinc.com

:D CHECK MY GAMES:
- DUST - Post Apocalyptic Role Playing Game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... diinc.dust

Ads
warlover

Re: STEALTH FOR SHADOW WARRIOR

Post#2 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:36 pm

segedi wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:58 pm Shadow warrior range is terrible. there are so many other classes that are much stronger in range attacks that when you go against them you will simply loose every time. Considering that the range and movement should be shadow warriors strength he is not good at this.

Defense in generally is very poor in this stance. With no proper defense and healing, you life ends very quickly.

SCOUT STANCE: This style is ok if you have a defensive line infront of you. but most of the time you loose if you get charged with no defense and if the other player has longer range or does their range attacks before you.. since you loose you movement ability in this, you are screwed if the enemy closes up on you, which is super easy in this stance.

SKIRMISH STANCE: Yes you do have more movement. but you can't run away and shoot at the same time. if you are charged than you flee and usually the enemy managed to out range even more in this stance or charge up to you, since this stance uses abilities that forces you to move up close to the enemy. Also attacking and defending a fort in skirmish stance is just ****, you barely have the range to reach the ground.

I think this could be balanced out if he had a STEALTH skill. at least then he could flee from battles easier and move to an ambushing position. That could be locked down to Skirmish and Scout stance. It would make up for the lack of range and weakness in defense. This STEALTH can also be less effective than the other STEALTH characters abilities to avoid OP.

What do you guys think?
LOL SW getting Stealth why don't we just give you God Mode too :lol:

Zxul

Post#3 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:24 pm

I fully support this suggestion, and since dps dok has even more problems with range/mobility than a sw, I suggest and fully believe that dps dok should get stealth as well.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Odaop

Post#4 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:42 pm

Glass arrow should have never been changed, a good non drastic change would be keeping the current state of glass arrow as a new skill while also keeping the original glass arrow skill.

segedi

Post#5 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:24 pm

warlover wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:36 pm
segedi wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:58 pm Shadow warrior range is terrible. there are so many other classes that are much stronger in range attacks that when you go against them you will simply loose every time. Considering that the range and movement should be shadow warriors strength he is not good at this.

What do you guys think?
LOL SW getting Stealth why don't we just give you God Mode too :lol:
Yeah I get what you mean. That is the thing its need to be shorter than the other STEALTH skills, and if the player wan'ts faster movement than they would need to use STEALTH and flee. It should be used to slip in and out short distances, but not to stay invisible for long time. just to confuse the player , the SW should still need to use trees and environment to hide. But it would be cool if they could STEALTH between the trees example.
Indie Game developer - segediinc.com

:D CHECK MY GAMES:
- DUST - Post Apocalyptic Role Playing Game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... diinc.dust

Pandastyle

Post#6 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:19 pm

Can we Marauders get this too, then? :S Still waiting for my pounce or teleport ability tho...but I take stealth as well
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Honshu
Banned

Post#7 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:47 pm

Personally, I think all they really needed to do was increase the Scout stance’s range a bit more. It’s fine that SW and SH have less damage than other ranged characters, but they need to outrange those ranged characters, otherwise there is realistically no way they ever comes out ahead in any ranged standoff situation. Old Glass Arrow used to accomplish this, poorly given that it was single target, but now it’s gone and they nerfed all the damage Shadow Warrior had with the new Glass Arrow so they’re back to just being bad Bright Wizards and wannabe White Lions.

I dunno, in my ideal world Ranged SWs and SHs would be able to pressure targets Bright Wizards and Sorcerers couldn’t by virtue of having greater range, but less damage. Even if the devs manage to get the SW’s ranged damage “just right,” they aren’t going to feel very distinct, because they are going to end up fulfilling an almost identical role.

The morale debuff was a good change. The vengeance buffs are neat. But it’s pretty clear that, even all these years later, nobody really knows what to do with SWs.

Rumpel

Post#8 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:56 pm

Please give my we the burst of melee sw so.
Last edited by Rumpel on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Ads
Zxul

Post#9 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:58 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:19 pm Can we Marauders get this too, then? :S Still waiting for my pounce or teleport ability tho...but I take stealth as well
Actually I support this as well, maras also got some mobility issues.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Evilest

Post#10 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:11 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:58 pm
Pandastyle wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:19 pm Can we Marauders get this too, then? :S Still waiting for my pounce or teleport ability tho...but I take stealth as well
Actually I support this as well, maras also got some mobility issues.
Single target damage, aoe damage, mobility, survivabililty, range. Combine more than two and you have issues with balance.
Unfortunately armor talismans seem to have a rather detrimental effect. Similarly, rdps having more dps than mdps, or pseudordps running around with 4k-5k armor.

If you are ranged, your front line crumbles, and you didn't reposition, you should be screwed.