Recent Topics

Ads

STEALTH FOR SHADOW WARRIOR

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Foofmonger

Re: STEALTH FOR SHADOW WARRIOR

Post#11 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:18 pm

Evilest wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:11 pm
Zxul wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:58 pm
Pandastyle wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:19 pm Can we Marauders get this too, then? :S Still waiting for my pounce or teleport ability tho...but I take stealth as well
Actually I support this as well, maras also got some mobility issues.
Single target damage, aoe damage, mobility, survivabililty, range. Combine more than two and you have issues with balance.
This is not how the balance of this game works. Most classes can "do more than two" already. This is a gross oversimplification of class balance in warhammer online.

Ads
segedi

Post#12 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:27 pm

All classes should be able to handle them selves against other characters, but yes some classes should be good against other classes. Right now I feel that Shadow Warrior is a bit to easily overrun. Especially when playing against other ranged classes, you can't outrun a ranged character, and in close combat you are doomed. At least that is my experience

Getting into an ambush position can also be very hard in maps that are open fields, there is nowhere to hide and move, you just a duck running around and everyone can see you.. lol.
Indie Game developer - segediinc.com

:D CHECK MY GAMES:
- DUST - Post Apocalyptic Role Playing Game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... diinc.dust

StrongUn

Post#13 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:58 pm

I play solo, and lot of times zergs kill me, so can you give me some kind of invisibility or invencibility? so i can kill everyone or at least hide and avoid getting killed?

Thanks

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Pandastyle

Post#14 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:33 pm

segedi wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:27 pm All classes should be able to handle them selves against other characters, but yes some classes should be good against other classes. Right now I feel that Shadow Warrior is a bit to easily overrun. Especially when playing against other ranged classes, you can't outrun a ranged character, and in close combat you are doomed. At least that is my experience

Getting into an ambush position can also be very hard in maps that are open fields, there is nowhere to hide and move, you just a duck running around and everyone can see you.. lol.
I have to somewhat disagree here...Warhammer Online is a highly team based game...but I feel you. You may not believe it but Marauders get easily overrun too, if you are not with a healer or any other teammate, many (not all) times you get stomped too. Be it WH, rSW transitioning to aSW, decent tanks and pls dont get me started with WLs (got someone recently whispering me personally to tell me that WL are balanced and basically that I am just a noob). It got better tho recently now that I am not in vanq anymore but in Inv/Warlord, but still to be in endgame gear to kill others... you get my point. So maybe just get better (or even endgame) gear before you judge too quickly :)
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

segedi

Post#15 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:49 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:33 pm
segedi wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:27 pm All classes should be able to handle them selves against other characters, but yes some classes should be good against other classes. Right now I feel that Shadow Warrior is a bit to easily overrun. Especially when playing against other ranged classes, you can't outrun a ranged character, and in close combat you are doomed. At least that is my experience

I have to somewhat disagree here...Warhammer Online is a highly team based game...but I feel you. You may not believe it but Marauders get easily overrun too, if you are not with a healer or any other teammate, many (not all) times you get stomped too. Be it WH, rSW transitioning to aSW, decent tanks and pls dont get me started with WLs (got someone recently whispering me personally to tell me that WL are balanced and basically that I am just a noob). It got better tho recently now that I am not in vanq anymore but in Inv/Warlord, but still to be in endgame gear to kill others... you get my point. So maybe just get better (or even endgame) gear before you judge too quickly :)
It could be the case. I'm right now level 31, I have had this issue on every level. When you run away from melees, they slow you down, and that just turns into game over, and the only way to survive is to have a distance. Range enemies do the same thing, but sometimes they are out of range of your attacks and so you can't really do anything.

I know you have some of those charge abilities that you can use to counter it, but they only come in handy when you have done enough damage to an enemy. I will now try to place all my ability points in movement and see how it works out.. I've been already playing with 10 seconds flee, but it does not help if you are slowed down..

Worst part as I mentioned is when you play on open maps.. no where to hide or maneuver than to run away, and that gets totally blocked. and that turns into duck hunt on NES.. hahahaha..

I simply have don't understand this class and why it should be played in range.. when the dwarf range class is much better.. dwarf has better range and can hold ground with machines.. so its just strange.. I simply wanted to see what you guys where thinking about and idea like this and see how it would effect the game.. since we all play different characters.

When it come to marauder, I have not played with that guy, I know some have good defense and can hold them selves long time in a fight. so it take sometime for me to take those guys down. but your are more experienced than me on that character so I can't say anything about it.
Last edited by segedi on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- DUST - Post Apocalyptic Role Playing Game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... diinc.dust

segedi

Post#16 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:50 pm

StrongUn wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:58 pm I play solo, and lot of times zergs kill me, so can you give me some kind of invisibility or invencibility? so i can kill everyone or at least hide and avoid getting killed?

Thanks

:shock: :shock: :shock:
hahahaha..

M0rw47h

Post#17 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:52 pm

Shadow Warrior having stealth would make more sense than Witch Hunter...

adapter
Suspended

Post#18 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:55 pm

Stealth (standing still) for Shadow Warrior so they can have more viability in solo roaming

Dig and hide in a Hole (standing still) for Squig Herder for the same purpose.

Both career need that. A camouflage skill.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
segedi

Post#19 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:00 pm

adapter wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:55 pm Stealth (standing still) for Shadow Warrior so they can have more viability in solo roaming

Dig and hide in a Hole (standing still) for Squig Herder for the same purpose.

Both career need that. A camouflage skill.
Yeah I was thinking something like that also, but I don't know how fun that would be just sitting in one place.. its more fun to be able to move. since its a more active role..

Have you played both classes?

segedi

Post#20 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:52 pm Shadow Warrior having stealth would make more sense than Witch Hunter...
But which hunter should have it. Since she is like an assassin. She super annoying, but its all part of the game..