Recent Topics

Ads

STEALTH FOR SHADOW WARRIOR

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
adapter
Suspended

Re: STEALTH FOR SHADOW WARRIOR

Post#21 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:04 pm

segedi wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:00 pm
adapter wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:55 pm Stealth (standing still) for Shadow Warrior so they can have more viability in solo roaming

Dig and hide in a Hole (standing still) for Squig Herder for the same purpose.

Both career need that. A camouflage skill.
Yeah I was thinking something like that also, but I don't know how fun that would be just sitting in one place.. its more fun to be able to move. since its a more active role..

Have you played both classes?
I've played SW only in T1 and I main a rSH at level 79.

I think if this comes to be a reality, that if you are able to move it would be so overpowered and it actually creates a new WH/WE career.

However, by standing still you promote the range aspect of it, find a good spot to hide in and once the time is right you can shoot someone to death. That's the point of camouflage.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
segedi

Post#22 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:11 pm

adapter wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:04 pm
segedi wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:00 pm
adapter wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:55 pm Stealth (standing still) for Shadow Warrior so they can have more viability in solo roaming

Yeah I was thinking something like that also, but I don't know how fun that would be just sitting in one place.. its more fun to be able to move. since its a more active role..

Have you played both classes?
I've played SW only in T1 and I main a rSH at level 79.

I think if this comes to be a reality, that if you are able to move it would be so overpowered and it actually creates a new WH/WE career.

However, by standing still you promote the range aspect of it, find a good spot to hide in and once the time is right you can shoot someone to death. That's the point of camouflage.
Could be a good idea.. its like the zergs in star craft 1.. but would that mean that you can be invisible as long as you wish?.. and how would that work out if you need to flee?.. would people just stand in your position until you come out?
Indie Game developer - segediinc.com

:D CHECK MY GAMES:
- DUST - Post Apocalyptic Role Playing Game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... diinc.dust

M0rw47h

Post#23 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:14 pm

segedi wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:52 pm Shadow Warrior having stealth would make more sense than Witch Hunter...
But which hunter should have it. Since she is like an assassin. She super annoying, but its all part of the game..
Lore wise SW is way more stealthy than WH.

adapter
Suspended

Post#24 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:16 pm

segedi wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:11 pm
Could be a good idea.. its like the zergs in star craft 1.. but would that mean that you can be invisible as long as you wish?.. and how would that work out if you need to flee?.. would people just stand in your position until you come out?
I already posted this idea in the new reworks for SH and SW a few weeks ago, in that post I go into more detail, but i can tell you that if this skill could actually be implemented, i proposed that it should be casted between 5 to 10 seconds and a you could be camouflaged up to 30s to 1 minute, you can still be damaged by AoE abilities and if you get Punted you come out of the camouflage.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

segedi

Post#25 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:31 pm

adapter wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:16 pm
segedi wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:11 pm
I already posted this idea in the new reworks for SH and SW a few weeks ago, in that post I go into more detail, but i can tell you that if this skill could actually be implemented, i proposed that it should be casted between 5 to 10 seconds and a you could be camouflaged up to 30s to 1 minute, you can still be damaged by AoE abilities and if you get Punted you come out of the camouflage.
Sound like a cool idea..

- DUST - Post Apocalyptic Role Playing Game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... diinc.dust

velenne

Post#26 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:36 pm

As a former WH rerolled in SW, I can tell you that stealth is exceptionally overrated.

Martok

Post#27 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:46 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:14 pmLore wise SW is way more stealthy than WH.

That is how I always saw it, that lore wise it would make sense for someone known of as a Shadow Warrior to be able to, you know, use the shadows to cloak themselves. If that ever wanted to be reflected in game the easiest manner might be to grant SW's a higher innate initiative score, to reflect the theory others would have a hard time using the shadows to hide from a Shadow Warrior.

But that is just my opinion I could be wrong.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

mix12388

Post#28 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:53 pm

Could be a good idea, as a choppa SW leap backwards to get away from the enemy can get countered instantly with gtdc..
But not full stealth like WE/WH. Maybe give them a skill like when you activate it you get instant movement speed and stealth for 2 seconds, then have 10s of remaining time to use it again for another 2s

(From a choppa)

Sorry for the bad english 😁
Goregrunt 82rr Choppa :mrgreen:

Slayin stunties since 2k14

Ads
segedi

Post#29 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:27 am

mix12388 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:53 pm Could be a good idea, as a choppa SW leap backwards to get away from the enemy can get countered instantly with gtdc..
But not full stealth like WE/WH. Maybe give them a skill like when you activate it you get instant movement speed and stealth for 2 seconds, then have 10s of remaining time to use it again for another 2s

(From a choppa)

Sorry for the bad english 😁
Yeah I was thinking the same thing something like that.. it should only be used to slip away or slip past areas.. nothing constant.. plus yeah that is how the chopas get me.. I jump back and get slowed down so its like wtf.. hahahaha

Foofmonger

Post#30 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:54 pm

The good old DAOC system. Honestly, camoflague is ok, it's not great, but it could easily be given to SH/SWs and I wouldn't complain.

Not being able to move while stealthed makes it basically an ambushing tool and not a "get away" tool so its fine.