Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage vs. GTDC

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Foofmonger

Re: Rampage vs. GTDC

Post#11 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:05 pm

Neither are OP, and this is how asymmetrical mirrors work.

Get used to it boys, both Order and Destro have pros and cons. This is how it works. They are both strong tools, neither is OP, and no your grass isn't greener, all of our grass is brown and dead on both sides. In fact, there is no grass, it's just a big old mud pit.

Ads
Grimfang
Suspended

Post#12 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:19 pm

Seems to me Rampage is there because order has a mobile dps that focus backlines while slayer is frontline. Destruction get the pull because they didnt have the mobile backline harassment. Des now have the most mobile class in the game.

Funny thing is that anytime GTDC is brought up you get 'gAmE iS aSYmMEtRiCaL'. Yes and Orders asymmetry was they had pounce and Des didnt.

jvlosky

Post#13 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:44 pm

gurtuk wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:40 pm A good coordinated city warband will be able to interrupt GTTC instantly. I have trouble ever using GTTC against good warbands because they counter it so hard, sometimes I just don't use it.
This kind of makes no sense seeing as it is literally undefendable with the first pull happening at 0 seconds. How can you defend it? Be clairvoyant and know which choppa is about to use the ability and interrupt them before they even cast it? What?

Foofmonger

Post#14 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:44 pm

Grimfang wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:19 pm Seems to me Rampage is there because order has a mobile dps that focus backlines while slayer is frontline. Destruction get the pull because they didnt have the mobile backline harassment. Des now have the most mobile class in the game.

Funny thing is that anytime GTDC is brought up you get 'gAmE iS aSYmMEtRiCaL'. Yes and Orders asymmetry was they had pounce and Des didnt.
Would be a great argument if you didn't forget about Shadowstep and Wings of Heaven.

Game is literally asymmetrical, it's not a meme. Order still has 3 options for mobile "jump assaults", and destro has never been able to pounce in with guarded DPS, whereas coordinated order can.

Order complains about GTDC but they have no experience on being the receiving end of Slayers, and the ignorance is just astounding. You complain that GTDC is undefendable, not realizing that your mirror MDPS class is completely undefendable, including attacks like ID which everyone conveniently forgets about. These kind of complaints just ooze bias because they show a lack of overall perspective on what both realms can do, i.e. grass is greener bullshit.

It's not that I personally care about GTDC, it's about that honestly, Slayer is a better class and this is a 0-perspective red herring argument. Sure, dealing with GTDC is annoying. Would you rather Choppas have rampage? I bet you wouldn't if you knew what it was like to deal with completely undefendable MDPS deathballs.

As a destro player I 100% support removing rampage and giving Slayers a GTDC variant. That would be a nerf to Slayers and a boon for me. Or removing GTDC and giving Choppas Rampage, again, a buff to destro. But lack of perspective whine posts are about as useful as dirty toilet paper.

StrongUn

Post#15 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:40 pm

ravezaar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:43 pm Any Destro complaining about Rampage "being broken op" has achieved the pinnacle of being an ignorant noob at it's purest sense.

Destro have no rampage and does it ok at zerg vs zerg / small roam 6 v 6 / and solos

Why do you need such a skill? are you ordies special?

Oh btw, i main a slayer and a BO (both rr80+), so no destro BIAS! ;)

Boursk

Post#16 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:48 pm

Nerf slayers.
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Detangler

Post#17 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:27 pm

Rampage doesn't seem that big of a deal to newly 40 slayers up to vanquisher gear. It's the full invader slayers with all that extra armor penetration that melt tanks on the front lines with undefendable damage.

But yes, watch out for that first undefendable random pull that, half the time, is just pulling a tank closer to the Choppa and giving him free immunity so he can stay on his guard target for the next 30 seconds.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

lyncher12

Post#18 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:46 pm

gtdc hits for 1000 its really strong

Ads
gurtuk
Former Staff

Post#19 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:55 am

jvlosky wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:44 pm
gurtuk wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:40 pm A good coordinated city warband will be able to interrupt GTTC instantly. I have trouble ever using GTTC against good warbands because they counter it so hard, sometimes I just don't use it.
This kind of makes no sense seeing as it is literally undefendable with the first pull happening at 0 seconds. How can you defend it? Be clairvoyant and know which choppa is about to use the ability and interrupt them before they even cast it? What?
Did you know there are add-ons that instantly interrupt abilities? Yeah that's a thing lol.
gorbane - choppa

gurtuk
Former Staff

Post#20 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:56 am

gurtuk wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:55 am
jvlosky wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:44 pm
Did you know there are add-ons that help you instantly interrupt abilities? Yeah that's a thing lol.
gorbane - choppa