Recent Topics

Ads

Vanquisher Medallions

Let's talk about... everything else
nuadarstark

Re: Vanquisher Medallions

Post#11 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:20 pm

While I don't think it's much of a problem, the vanq set does take a long time to get, the grind can be quite tedious. I'm nearly BiS as far as salv WPs go and I never finished Vanq and never will. Before I got Inv way before I could finish Vanq and now I'm salvaging Vanq belts for guild tali mats.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ads
TreefAM

Post#12 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:48 pm

I dinged 40 two days ago and I already have 2vanq pieces and around 150 medalions.
It might be hard to get for people who surf the zerg or just log in for forts/cities but otherwise if you actually roam around and take part (lead) something at least semi organized it's super easy.
Also man are BO super strong even in ruin gear my god.

Grobi00F

Post#13 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:55 pm

Would be great if there was a way to somehow turn in duplicate Vanq pieces into medals. It's not unreasonable to think, that some people managed to get Invader before Vanquisher which was also the case for me when City sieges were fresh out and Forts/Cities were frequent.

I managed to get 3 or 4 duplicates from Zone bags and when I had full Invader I was still missing 2 parts.

sjemen

Post#14 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:19 pm

if you're a solo roamer (especially a tank) you will have a bad time getting vanq.

while i was needing vanq i would get 2-5 vanq per map lock. now that i have it i regularly get 10-20. :D also, if you get the same piece 4 times in a row from a gold bag you're not gonna have a good time (and getting the 5 medals instead of a full piece is a pain). so, yes, you could get full invader before vanq (i was even rr70+ so i didn't get invader crests from cities at that time so i got some WL pieces before full vanq).

on top of it if you convert invader armor costs back to vanq it costs (without the jewel) are 885 vanq medals. :D

good luck!
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR

nat3s

Post#15 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:19 pm

solo roam and youll have full vanq in a week. Opposite problem for me, all my chars get to rr80 with full vanq but only like 40 invader (EU prime though)
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Noslock

Post#16 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:23 pm

sjemen wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:19 pm if you're a solo roamer (especially a tank) you will have a bad time getting vanq.

while i was needing vanq i would get 2-5 vanq per map lock. now that i have it i regularly get 10-20. :D also, if you get the same piece 4 times in a row from a gold bag you're not gonna have a good time (and getting the 5 medals instead of a full piece is a pain). so, yes, you could get full invader before vanq (i was even rr70+ so i didn't get invader crests from cities at that time so i got some WL pieces before full vanq).

on top of it if you convert invader armor costs back to vanq it costs (without the jewel) are 885 vanq medals. :D

good luck!
God bless oil drops. As a tank sure its harder if u solo especially compared to dps healer or ranged dps. Still doable full a set fast with a little luck in gold bags

TwistedSister77

Post#17 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:32 pm

First, for a some classes... invader is garbage gear vs vanquisher... which is disappointing. But I wouldn't convert down because you need the invader tome unlock to get royals.

Vanquisher is pretty easy if you are in good warbands and get multi zone contribution per session. I would not advise buying gear as you get medals, wait, because you'll randomly get gear pieces in rvr loot bags... which dramatically cuts down on the grind .

I personally geared up in roughly a few weeks of heavy play time (but I was doing scs, getting genesis, not just trying to get vanq).

One one character, I got 3 pieces from bags alone.

Manatikik

Post#18 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:49 pm

It comes down to playtime honestly. The more casual you are the easier it is to get vanq where as the more hardcore/time you put into the game the harder it is. I have one toon with full Vanq (rr-85 with two sets of sov; got vanq 3 years ago) and 6 toons with full Invader.

Vanq is just about zone flips and what not where as you can get invader a lot faster with a lot of time investment. Nothing really wrong with it; only 4 classes really use Vanq as a solid gear set: WL/Mara and RP/Z.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
havartii

Post#19 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:29 am

i May just skip the Vanq set for may shaman after all. The set has 0 toughness and nothing to proc the set abilities like a zealot or runie would. Strange that this set would not contain any toughness.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Stophy22

Post#20 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:03 am

Vanq pieces come from gold bags from Orvr zones (after a certain rr?)
Vanq medals come from Orvr kills

Invader medals come from forts (4 at a time)
Invader pieces come from gold bags during a fort (very hard to get since numbers)
Invader medals come from city, but this is maybe 1-2 times a day. (bonus medals from stage ending and bags)

Vanq ultimately ends up being the easier set to get because of how much easier it is to obtain a piece and medals and the ability to actively work towards it. But the thing here is Invader isn't that much harder.

Invader being the next gear progression armor (higher armor and usually some better stats/procs) it usually ends up making more sense just skipping vanq and getting it passively as you work toward getting invader armor as it is considered the harder grind (only coming from forts and cities). Only a few classes would get vanq over getting invader and progressing toward sov or warlord.

Invader set equipped allows royals to drop from cities so most players tend to skip vanq (as it is skippable) or just passively get it (since it will come inevitably if you play Orvr) because the real goal is to get Sov armor on your guy asap.

I'm not saying to skip vanq or rush invader or whatever but most people tend to play like this. Other players will go anni-conq-vanq-invader-warlord-sov/offsov. Play how you want but to think that vanquisher armor is harder to obtain than invader is a little silly. You don't have the choice to log in and work toward getting invader armor, unless a fort or city is happening. You can always log in and get kills toward vanq and get a bag roll in a zone with the hopes of getting a piece. If you are lucky and every time you log in a fort or city is happening you might think vanq is harder to obtain, I can see that.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x