Recent Topics

Ads

Healing nerf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grimfang
Suspended

Re: Healing nerf

Post#111 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:21 am

emiliorv wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:58 am yeah all healers benefit from all the resuorces to regain AP from their own tactics or from grp => dok/wp gains nothing from all those +ap items/tactics/grp buffs+auras...

Whats the sense behind that "restorative burst" regain AP from heal crits on WP/DoK?? => heal crits must reagain heal resources....why every other healer can benefit from this tactic (core in most cases) and dok/wp gains nothing from it?
Becasue they were meant to be a frontline hybrid that mixed heals with dps. Mythics broken classes as usual. Instead of fixing them they gave them backline healing and an ap heal on a class that has all the benefits of their mechanic and frontline survivability in a regular healer. Thats the problem.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#112 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:29 am

If one would want to "fix" DoK/WP, then all their heals would require AP, channel would convert current class resource into AP. Meanwhile class resource would be used by offspecs.

Zxul

Post#113 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:35 pm

Grimfang wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:34 am
Zxul wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:37 pm Dok/wp job in party is to keep the party alive vs aoe pressure. It healing from another resource pool doesn't matters since you won't use it while doing your primary job, and since when you have to switch from your primary job to keeping a focused target alive its not the resources that are your problem.
While there are braindead players that just spam groupheals none stop of course you put that heal in the rotation. Its a resource free heal. Its like having a clarity proc every 5s. The whole point of their mechanic was having these fast heals but you had to heal from your mechanic points. It covers dok/wp one built in weakness.
Or you could put something more useful into rotation, like say dok/wp aoe which gains resources for aoe heals.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Valarion

Post#114 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:29 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 pm After the morale nerf, DPS being out of sync with healing (and just general EHP mitigation, I wouldn't say it's all healings fault), is fairly obvious.

I've had city fights that have literally only ended when we've gotten ported to the next stage, because nobody can kill/wipe anyone else.

At this point, if you have roughly balanced groups in terms of gear/skill, it's basically a couple kill slog fight for 10-15-20 minutes due to the lack of being able to properly pressure or stop the rez chain.

You clearly arent playing the same game as the rest of us. Only in very small scale environments is healing an issue (like in 1v1 or in scs).

The vast majority of fort/city fights are heavily dps orientated shitfests particularly when facing the standard meta 1 dps to 1 tank to 1 healer ratio.

You do not have to believe me, just look at the damn killing blows. Competent dps is having absolutely no issue killing and in the vast majority of situations encountered in this game.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Foofmonger

Post#115 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:18 pm

Valarion wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:29 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 pm After the morale nerf, DPS being out of sync with healing (and just general EHP mitigation, I wouldn't say it's all healings fault), is fairly obvious.

I've had city fights that have literally only ended when we've gotten ported to the next stage, because nobody can kill/wipe anyone else.

At this point, if you have roughly balanced groups in terms of gear/skill, it's basically a couple kill slog fight for 10-15-20 minutes due to the lack of being able to properly pressure or stop the rez chain.

You clearly arent playing the same game as the rest of us. Only in very small scale environments is healing an issue (like in 1v1 or in scs).

The vast majority of fort/city fights are heavily dps orientated shitfests particularly when facing the standard meta 1 dps to 1 tank to 1 healer ratio.

You do not have to believe me, just look at the damn killing blows. Competent dps is having absolutely no issue killing and in the vast majority of situations encountered in this game.
I must be just getting into very balanced cities a bunch I suppose. We all have our own personal anecdotal evidence. I see the occasional killfest, but most of them seem to be slogs after the morale nerf to me. I mean 40 minute instances in a pvp game should have "some kills" I would think.

Omegus

Post#116 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:06 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:18 pm
You two are often in the same city WB :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Manatikik

Post#117 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:02 pm

Omegus wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:06 pm

Except one is a healer made of paper and the other is a dps that doesn’t kill anything.
<Montague><Capulet>

Foofmonger

Post#118 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:38 pm

Manatikik wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:02 pm

Except one is a healer made of paper and the other is a dps that doesn’t kill anything.
Oh snap, shots fired. I wouldn't say I don't kill "anything", I remember getting your WH at the very beginning of that city the other day. :-D

I would say I certainly don't kill what I'd like against your wb usually, :-(. I blame Astroworld.

You do make a good point though, opinions are always about perspective. From a DPS perspective, healing is always "too much" and from a healers perspective dps is always "too much" as your role is specifically to overcome the opposite role. So /shrug

Ads
Manatikik

Post#119 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:24 am

Foofmonger wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:38 pm
Manatikik wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:02 pm

Oh snap, shots fired. I wouldn't say I don't kill "anything", I remember getting your WH at the very beginning of that city the other day. :-D

I would say I certainly don't kill what I'd like against your wb usually, :-(. I blame Astroworld.

You do make a good point though, opinions are always about perspective. From a DPS perspective, healing is always "too much" and from a healers perspective dps is always "too much" as your role is specifically to overcome the opposite role. So /shrug
Haha, glad you took it in the right way!

But perspective is what it all comes down to; with bad healers healing seems weak where as with bad DPS healing seems OP. I personally think its in a pretty good spot (besides Stage 3; I think durability of the champs can be toned down a little. A good WP/Dok/mara should never die because of how strong they are).
<Montague><Capulet>