Recent Topics

Ads

Honest Class Thoughts/Comparison - IB/BG, RP/Zeal, Slay/Chop, Mara

Let's talk about... everything else
witc0m

Honest Class Thoughts/Comparison - IB/BG, RP/Zeal, Slay/Chop, Mara

Post#1 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:31 am

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum for this.

I'm newer to the game and have since leveled a KotBS to 60+. I really don't like the Knight as of now and am looking to roll a new toon. I'd like it if y'all could give me insight into each class and which is the stronger mirror (or not).

Classes I'm considering are:
Ironbreaker or Blackguard
Runepriest or Zealot
Slayer or Choppa
Marauder (but not White Lion)

What I don't like about my KotBS: It's far too simple. It was a good class to learn the game on, but it's so boring in T4 (to me). Looking forward to hearing insight about the classes above.

Thanks in advance!

Ads
Foofmonger

Re: Honest Class Thoughts/Comparison - IB/BG, RP/Zeal, Slay/Chop, Mara

Post#2 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:19 am

All of the archetypes you mentioned are fairly well balanced.

If you find kotbs boring, the question is why? What are you missing? That will be the best way to inform your next choice. Do you want to kill people? Then go Choppa/Slayer/Mara. Do you want to support and keep people alive? Runepriest or Zealot. Want to still play a tank but switch it up? Ironbreaker or Blackguard. Pick what looks the best to you and play it.

Wam

Post#3 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:24 am

witc0m wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:31 am Sorry if this is the wrong subforum for this.

I'm newer to the game and have since leveled a KotBS to 60+. I really don't like the Knight as of now and am looking to roll a new toon. I'd like it if y'all could give me insight into each class and which is the stronger mirror (or not).

Classes I'm considering are:
Ironbreaker or Blackguard
Runepriest or Zealot
Slayer or Choppa
Marauder (but not White Lion)

What I don't like about my KotBS: It's far too simple. It was a good class to learn the game on, but it's so boring in T4 (to me). Looking forward to hearing insight about the classes above.

Thanks in advance!
you tried knight as 2hander?

also depends on what timezone and style of fights you are generally doing and looking for ... and if you are solo or team based

IB/BG both nice in small scale, harder to be as effective in large scale but if you want something not simple then one of these classes
RP or zealot... zealot use to edge this slightly with morale pump and winds of insanity... but with winds nerf and morales not really needing to be pumped, rp got better defensive racial and also + healing from kotbs... depends which you like look of / what kind of enemies you want to face
SL or choppa... both can be beastly with the proper support, its situational sl with rampage can ignore some parry melee, but choppa with its pull and extra hit points edges it if solo (better gap closer/mobility vs ranged)
Mara is solid all rounder , good st build good aoe build and ok sustain for a mdps once you sought out its horrible chance to be crit to begin with (futile strikes and solid gear)

Kotbs is very effective and simple
Choppa / sl is kinda simple ish too but fun
RP / zealot also fairly simple as well (just not quite as simple as kotbs)

if you want more difficulty AM/Shaman
Mara if you want stance dancing
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

witc0m

Post#4 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:28 am

Wam wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:24 am you tried knight as 2hander?

also depends on what timezone and style of fights you are generally doing and looking for ... and if you are solo or team based

IB/BG both nice in small scale, harder to be as effective in large scale but if you want something not simple then one of these classes
RP or zealot... zealot use to edge this slightly with morale pump and winds of insanity... but with winds nerf and morales not really needing to be pumped, rp got better defensive racial and also + healing from kotbs... depends which you like look of / what kind of enemies you want to face
SL or choppa... both can be beastly with the proper support, its situational sl with rampage can ignore some parry melee, but choppa with its pull and extra hit points edges it if solo (better gap closer/mobility vs ranged)
Mara is solid all rounder , good st build good aoe build and ok sustain for a mdps once you sought out its horrible chance to be crit to begin with (futile strikes and solid gear)

Kotbs is very effective and simple
Choppa / sl is kinda simple ish too but fun
RP / zealot also fairly simple as well (just not quite as simple as kotbs)

if you want more difficulty AM/Shaman
Mara if you want stance dancing
I played primarily with a 2H while leveling and it was pretty good, but what the class becomes in T4 (to me) just hasn't been enjoyable so far.

Overall, the most fun I've had in this game is smaller-scale fighting. I enjoy roaming in 6-12 man groups, running SC's, and cities. Forts/keeps are fine but they are like a separate part of the game and primary zerg. wait. zerg. wait. win/lose lol.

My thought with the classes:

BG/IB : Continuation of the tank mechanics but with more to do, more utility, better survivability, better damage. I've fought against plenty of BG's and their self-healing and other crazy tactics that whoop people.

Slayer/Choppa : A little more complex than KotBS, but not by much. A career mechanic to keep track of, probably more buttons to push. I'm assuming much less survivable but at least the damage will be way up.

RP/Zealot : Always valuable in any group with a lot going on. Doesn't matter what size the fighting is (small, medium, large-scale) healing needs to happen. Seems like a whole new different way to play the game (I've never healed in an MMO before) and they bring naturally tons of utility to the group.

Mara : Same lines as the Slayer/Choppa, less damage but they have a huge toolkit (it seems). WL seems too basic and straightforward, but Marauders seem like they've got a little bit of everything.

What I don't know is:

1. How viable are each of these classes to people?
2. Are any of them noticeably stronger than their counterpart? (i.e. Choppa has pull, Slayer doesn't, is that a big deal and worth playing Choppa over Slayer? BG is offensive resource generation while IB is defensive, does that make BG a better damage dealer and better small scale player?)
3. RP and Zealot seem like pretty straightforward mirrors compared to the others, do either have a particular strength in healing mechanics over the other?

These are questions I don't know the answer to, but looking to get more insight before I re-roll again. :)