Recent Topics

Ads

Gold Bags in oRvR - Repeated armor pieces

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
rodomeier

Gold Bags in oRvR - Repeated armor pieces

Post#1 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:30 pm

Hello!

First of all, I don't know if this has been discussed before as I haven't seen any post related. What I want is to talk about gold bags in oRvR and the repeated armor pieces. I have many chars over level 40 and my experience tells that either you can get vanquisher set in three days with gold bags if you are lucky and very constant or, on the other side, you can be very very unlucky (like some of my chars) and it will take way longer due to repeated pieces. I actually think the reward system for bags is fine, at least until royals. The point of my suggestion comes related only to vanquisher pieces in gold bags and that is what I would like this topic to be about. I already have the belt and gloves of vanquisher and over 190 vanq tokens in my WH. The last 4 gold bags I got from oRvR gave me exactly the same pieces I do have, belt and gloves. And, as I don't do magical salvaging on any of my characters, the use I can get from these pieces is almost inexistent. I say almost because you can get 5 vanq tokens from these bags, but let's be honest for a second, to get 5 vanq tokens from a bag that would give you a piece worth 100-220 of the same tokens is very very little reward in my opinion.

My suggestion ---> As I don't want to break the game progression devs made for us, why not make it possible to exchange the repeated pieces with an NPC in Altdorf/IC for, let's say, 1/4 of the price in tokens? So it would be something like this:
Spoiler:
Vanquisher Armor
-Actual NPC price: 229 tokens
-Tokens exchange for full piece: 60 tokens

Vanquisher Gloves
-Actual NPC price: 126 tokens
-Tokens exchange for full piece: 32 tokens

Vanquisher Boots
-Actual NPC price: 109 tokens
-Tokens exchange for full piece: 28 tokens

Vanquisher Helm
-Actual NPC price: 189 tokens
-Tokens exchange for full piece: 48 tokens

Vanquisher Shoulders
-Actual NPC price: 172 tokens
-Tokens exchange for full piece: 43 tokens

Vanquisher Belt
-Actual NPC price: 76 tokens
-Tokens exchange for full piece: 19 tokens
Finally, I think some might come and say "don't whine on bags... I remember when you had to farm a whole summer to get conqueror set... ". I guess game progress and equipment do so. Vanquisher isn't a top tier set anymore and you are going to wear it for a long time before you can coomplete your invader... let's not say Sov/warlord...

Let's see what you guys think!

Trolllin - BW
Opivm - SW
Hoddor - Hoddor
Capptain - WH
Axeformen - Potato Slayer

twitch.tv/BebopSamvrai

Ads
Likeaboss

Re: Gold Bags in oRvR - Repeated armor pieces

Post#2 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm

I know what you mean, got 5-6 gold bags lately, 3x chest 3x helmet. well, these were at least the more expensive ones than the belt and gloves you got.

On the other hand, each zone lock you get medalls depending and your contribution. Many times i get 10-20 vanq Medalls for the lock and the ones for the kills of course. In my opinion you get the vanquisher set, a very good set for most char's i've played, fast enough.

I would say a change is not necessary, although I can understand you. Good luck on the next Bag's.

My SM RR77 still missing Genesis pieces, although you can loot them in blue, purple and gold :lol:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Brickson

Post#3 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Yea, I know that feeling of disappointment too :D
That's why I'm usually saving my tokens until I can buy all the missing pieces at once :)
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

rodomeier

Post#4 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm
Spoiler:
I know what you mean, got 5-6 gold bags lately, 3x chest 3x helmet. well, these were at least the more expensive ones than the belt and gloves you got.

On the other hand, each zone lock you get medalls depending and your contribution. Many times i get 10-20 vanq Medalls for the lock and the ones for the kills of course. In my opinion you get the vanquisher set, a very good set for most char's i've played, fast enough.

I would say a change is not necessary, although I can understand you. Good luck on the next Bag's.

My SM RR77 still missing Genesis pieces, although you can loot them in blue, purple and gold :lol:

I'll be honest with you, I know if I hardcore play the game I can probably get the set in 3/4 days if it's not one of those "stalemate" days where some zones can take 3-5 hours to flip, or even more. I've done that before, on my first 2 chars and I think it's possible tho quite exhausting. You just need to make contri on a zone, move to the next one and do the same, next one and so and wait for zone flips to do the same over and over which is not very rewarding if, in the end, you get 4 gold bags and 0 useful items from them. You feel your time has been wasted for 20 tokens plus 10 to 20 more and you still will need over 400+ to obtain. Also, you cant change to another toon or you won't receive bags but only tokens and seals. Very encouraging.

Now think about the people that can play maybe 2-3 hours a day. Or even the new people who do not know yet the "tricks" to make contri/get loot bags as veterans do. If they are lucky, it will take no less than a month for them to get it. If they are unlucky... you know what I mean.

Recently I see so many threads about how oRvR experience unrewarding is and why so many people just skip it until fort/city comes wich affects to realm population and I don't think that is the way the devs planned it to be. I might be wrong of course :D

So maybe this could be a solution to encourage people to create new toons, play more oRvR and for the new ones or those with limited time to feel less frustrated / more useful in short terms.

EDIT:
Likeaboss wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm My SM RR77 still missing Genesis pieces, although you can loot them in blue, purple and gold :lol:
As I said, I think the bag system is not bad at his current state. Of course, it becomes completely useless at the ending parts of the game as you will stack 10k+ vanq tokens which you will only spend in potions, and subjugator/genesis/other stuff in bags will simply not have any use for an rr80, so you will keep stacking them over and over until devs add a new use for them.

Just trying to give an alternative solution for vanq pieces :mrgreen:

Trolllin - BW
Opivm - SW
Hoddor - Hoddor
Capptain - WH

twitch.tv/BebopSamvrai

marisco

Post#5 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:57 pm

Every single person on this server had to deal with the rng to get equipped. The system is fine.

rodomeier

Post#6 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:18 pm

marisco wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:57 pm Every single person on this server had to deal with the rng to get equipped. The system is fine.
I might have explained myself bad. RNG system is ok. What is bad is the fact that I just got right now in Praag my 6 gold bag in a row with a repeated item on it.

Last 6 bags:
4 vanq belts
2 vanq gloves

The ONLY items I had from the set. Instead of something useful I get a wonderful quantity of 25 tokens. Yea I am tilted and that's why I tried to make a suggestion to solve THUS only aspect of the whole reward system

EDIT:

This picture says it. With the current system, I will get 23 vanquisher tokens or nothing useful at all from those bags. With my suggestion, I would get 78 (2 belts + 1 gloves + 5 + 3). In my opinion is not a game-breaking difference and it doesn't even cover the price of 1 piece

Trolllin - BW
Opivm - SW
Hoddor - Hoddor
Capptain - WH

twitch.tv/BebopSamvrai

nanakaros

Post#7 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:42 pm

I m wearing full invader and still got 3 vanq items. Got belt x5 and boots x4.