Recent Topics

Ads

Cheating at the Fort?

Let's talk about... everything else
MaxwellMinter

Cheating at the Fort?

Post#1 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:04 pm

@Gorbane-Please tell us what you witnessed at yesterday's Fort.

Reports are that the Lord was going down at a normal pace, Order got a jailbreak, and then the remaining 60% of his life vanished before Order could run from the jail to the inner keep. Also, the Lord spawns a keg that makes him immune to damage and that was still up. Order received nothing at the end, not even renown. Was there cheating?

I think we all deserve an official explanation in order to clear the air.

Ads
AxelF

Re: Cheating at the Fort?

Post#2 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:19 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39737
Seems there's a lot of it going about at the moment

GrandmaGary

Post#3 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:31 pm

MaxwellMinter wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:04 pm @Gorbane-Please tell us what you witnessed at yesterday's Fort.

Reports are that the Lord was going down at a normal pace, Order got a jailbreak, and then the remaining 60% of his life vanished before Order could run from the jail to the inner keep. Also, the Lord spawns a keg that makes him immune to damage and that was still up. Order received nothing at the end, not even renown. Was there cheating?

I think we all deserve an official explanation in order to clear the air.
He explained it on Discord right after the fort fell.

https://gyazo.com/f06ca12327982913f6480d44e16eb898

There was more conversation than that but that's the tldr of it =P

MaxwellMinter

Post#4 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:11 pm

So if Destro takes 3:45 to burn the first 40% of the Lord, then 15 seconds to finish the last 60% after an Order jail break is headed there way...you don't see a problem?

GrandmaGary

Post#5 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:18 pm

MaxwellMinter wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:11 pm So if Destro takes 3:45 to burn the first 40% of the Lord, then 15 seconds to finish the last 60% after an Order jail break is headed there way...you don't see a problem?
I wasn't there, that's just his response to the situation. Judging from that other post there is a rogue NPC smacking bosses though if that's what happened yesterday I doubt we'll ever know considering you'd never be able to spot it amongst all the bodies there.

baurogg
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:19 pm

You can literally smell devs playing destro. Go on, nothing to see here.

MaxwellMinter

Post#7 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:31 pm

More attempts at covering up. The video of the npc attacking the Lord was a White Lion Pet. Pretty sure people would have noticed that and this would be cleared up. His response makes me even more suspicious. This is not just a Destro cheating. @Gorbane is facing the accusation THAT HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHEATING. And not just in this instance. Others are starting to notice that when @Gorbane is defeated at a keep, Order does not get any rewards. We need a real response to this, not pointing the finger at Order.

A couple of exploiters can be dealt with. A GM doing the cheating (as a Choppa player no less), making it so Order doesn't get loot...is disgusting.

Sarnai

Post#8 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:37 pm

The invisible NPC at the high pass keep is just to keep people off the hill. It bugged out and got aggro'd by the lord.
WH looking for gunbad left

Ads
Kaelang

Post#9 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:37 pm

AxelF wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:19 pm viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39737
Seems there's a lot of it going about at the moment
I can clear that one up - the NPC there is a defence mechanism against people exploiting a specific location - for some reason or another, the NPC tethered and aggro'd the lord - I brought this up and it's being investigated. There was no foul play.

Regarding this fort malarkey - I wasn't online, however what I can say, is GM's who abuse powers are swiftly dealt with. And believe me - a fort lord kill isn't substantial enough to warrant someone cheating - let's be perfectly honest here. Now, realistically, there may have been something broken, or something not working correctly - which is the angle people should be taking, as opposed to looking at pointing figures, and people calling 'destro bias' or 'order bias' for these things happening.

If anyone have any video footage of the fort from last night, or any additional information, I'd be happy to have a look into it - and try to replicate whatever seemed to happen on dev.

Let's stop pointing fingers here though, the staff aren't out to get any one side - we're working to develop the server for everyone regardless of if you're playing Order or Destro.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Kaelang

Post#10 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:40 pm

MaxwellMinter wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:31 pm More attempts at covering up. The video of the npc attacking the Lord was a White Lion Pet. Pretty sure people would have noticed that and this would be cleared up. His response makes me even more suspicious. This is not just a Destro cheating. @Gorbane is facing the accusation THAT HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHEATING. And not just in this instance. Others are starting to notice that when @Gorbane is defeated at a keep, Order does not get any rewards. We need a real response to this, not pointing the finger at Order.

A couple of exploiters can be dealt with. A GM doing the cheating (as a Choppa player no less), making it so Order doesn't get loot...is disgusting.
Also adding on to this - GM's don't have the ability to remove reward gains from zone flips based on factions. The only command in question is a be all or end all rewards provided or not, to both Destruction and Order. So if no Order rewards are to go out, as a result of such command, no Destruction rewards would go out either. Which I'm pretty sure GM's don't actually have access to? But regardless..
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.