Recent Topics

Ads

WP/DoK Melee and KB's

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Gareul

WP/DoK Melee and KB's

Post#1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:17 am

This is a general concern post for my favorite class and spec if u keep balancing KB's for range and tanks to be so large and not give melee WP/DoK no gap closer to go with the constant balance changes to them no matter how many number changes u do to both melee specs they will underperform and not just that melee in general will be a ping pong match it already is atm without resolute defence in the game. One has to give way Kbs or give more gap closes or CC breakers.

Ads
StrongUn

Re: WP/DoK Melee and KB's

Post#2 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:43 am

Unstoppable Wrath

Gareul

Post#3 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:52 am

10 sec 1minute cd no moevment only immune to snares and roots learn to read. Your only a troll anyway.

Sinisterror

Post#4 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:47 am

Add 15% snare to judgment 15% chance to proc to wp but only with 2hander, maybe buff wp 2h dmg over all 10%. Double the dmg for Righteousness prayer. Add 15% movement speed to Unstoppable wrath/Unielding tormentor and change cooldown to 45 sec instead 60 seconds. Add 10% armour penetration to fanatisiscm/murderous intent. Replace drowning in blood/Sigmars wrath with 65ft range skill lasts 4 seconds absorbs all dmg from that enemy and after 4 seconds does 500 dmg and you are healed for 500 even if enemy didnt do any dmg, snares enemy for 10% for 4 seconds 30 sec cooldown. These speed buffs or debuffs are so slow they help just enough but not op. Chance to snare 15% on judgement 15% proc chance for 2hander wp only would be alone very welcome.

RIghteouesness/celerity add 5 % armour penetration to it but only for wp and dok. Change both dok/wp knocback skill when using 2/dualwield to single target, like IB have. 20 second cooldown. Give Sigmars shield to dok and devour essence to wp. Add dmg to Sigmars Shield. Enemy you used the skill would also take same amount of dmg that you are healed and would regenerate 5 rf per hit. Remove GCD from castigaton/Lacerate and make it stack 2x and this would buff wp/dok ws or ini prefer both=) Add new 5feet skill no dmg and no gcd that disarms for 2seconds need parry/dodge with 30 seconds cooldown.

I would remove Dok's Heal Debuff tactic (add new 50% healdebuff skill) for Guilty soul if it would heal also like live, and add 20% dmg to auto attack along with celerity/wrath skills. When using shield add the 25 % healing from lifetaps and 2 additional hits to divine strike/Consume essence without needing tactic, just using shield changes it to that and remove the tactic. Bring transfer essence/Sigmar's radiance back to 2h/dualwield. Again just posting idea's not expecting all of these would ever be implented.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:17 am, edited 8 times in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

madrocks
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:07 am

DPS DoK/WP has a disadvantage in open field without any notable range snare or gap closer support by the team but in return it shines in close quartes.
It remains a healer even with dps gear and dps spec, there is no way around it.
Sure it bombs out singletarget dps but it has the healer utilities as: cleanse, resurrect, aoe punt, insane single target heal and aoe detaunt if slotted. It is well suited already.
I played DPS DoK in all kind of ways, in SC and in oRVR. It is strong so strong that giving it a sure shot gap closer would make it the ultimate solo class and therefor way to strong.
Every class has to somewhat rely on a teammate that fills out the weakness it has.
Last edited by madrocks on Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lutz

Sciberr

Post#6 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:36 am

shielding grace is your gap closer

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:40 am

Dps dok performs good small scale, dps wp does not. "shielding grace is your gap closer " FFS Im speaking about 2h/dual wield. so " mine gap closer " i cant even use that skill because shield ruined dps wp much more than dok (ruined dok as well) Shield is a good thing for variety but read what im saying/asking. been playing both classes since 2008, much love for them and i play solo/small scale only it is very hard to care about rvr when there is more than 50vs50 i dont give a **** about it because it becomes mindless boring etc etc. Also give dps runepriest/zealot their aoe healdebuff back. Change Isha's Encouragement/Green an cleanin to whole group. Funnel essence for shaman and DSU for AM=)

Also Shadowstep should be for WE/WH only. This would make alot of sense, you can shadowstep to enemy and still have a chance to survive because your stealth is not on cooldown. Maybe on heal AM having teleport like skill, no buffs or dmg but teleporting away to a spot max 65 ft away and teleporting back if you use the skill again within 7seconds. And skills like outta my way (+75% speed and aoe interrupting) is just so good that i forgot everything i was saying=) EDIT; Skill like outta my way would work on IB if you are targeting oathfriend/guarded ally so you cant just use it on random and if you use it you cant break it until you are at your target. Maybe this is op for many reasons but it is already op on very good class that does not need it.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Gareul

Post#8 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:21 am

You are ignoring the rest of the post for you own bias retardism, Resolute Defense can be a solution for melee, small gap closer for dps dok/wp, CC breakers not hidden beind useless 8 piece sets that require loseing stats that your already stat starved class needs.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#9 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:28 am

As a DPS DoK, solo roamer most of the time - I often meme about being given a gap closer. The reality is, the class would go from a 9/10 to a 30/10 with one.

Every class needs a drawback, this is ours. We’re ridiculously strong in duelling, and even Xv1 - kiting is our weakness.

Now on the DPS WP front, I haven’t experienced it enough to discuss it - but I know I don’t see as many compared to DoKs.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

yoluigi

Post#10 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:47 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:28 am As a DPS DoK, solo roamer most of the time - I often meme about being given a gap closer. The reality is, the class would go from a 9/10 to a 30/10 with one.

Every class needs a drawback, this is ours. We’re ridiculously strong in duelling, and even Xv1 - kiting is our weakness.

Now on the DPS WP front, I haven’t experienced it enough to discuss it - but I know I don’t see as many compared to DoKs.
DPS DoK do better overall atm. The whole shield wp ruined the dps class without a melee tap heal like Sigmar radiance your not gona stay alive long(everyone gonna cc and nuke you). We need a tap heal from melee domage not spirit domage like divine strike.
+ Sigmar shield just drain all your R Fury. Only way would have a gap closer or bring a melee tap heal like radiance sigmar to perform well.
and YES I WOULD TRADE SIGMAR SHIELD FOR DEVOUR ESSENCE. that 50% domage heal much better than that 110 heal per receive domage and make it drain all your R fury.
If sigmar shield would be a % of your wound would be more interested.