Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
anarchypark

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#121 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:15 am

biggest change is what you do first as defender.
b4 patch, it was run and get into keep or respawn inside.
after patch, it's finding grp/wb. or roaming.
who knows, after some time solo players might start to form roaming grps.

fight is everywhere, keep is hotspot and supply lines are constantly ganked.
PvD is little problem but that's half fault of players, dodging enemies.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
carthagerising

Post#122 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:04 pm

The guy who posted about changing the ress area for keeps is on the money. That was my second suggestion in the post about the keeps way back in march and would probably be healthier overall as we do have to balance this and enable even out numbered defenders a shot still even if outer door is tagged.

The change so far is good imo and simply requires a change in strat from all players. There have been some excellent defences still and even zone hopping defences such as last night in eataine and KV for order ( I play both factions). But also there has been some clear examples of people not adapting and getting punished. A few days ago order attacked praag while destro were else where. They had good numbers, got the ram to the keep and began the siege and then...didnt bother to control the posterns and this enabled destro to easily get in, even solos and repel the assault.

It will clearly take time but with adjustment to play it can be a net positive overall.

The next step should either be switching to the guys suggestion about release area or making BOs more important. If 3 BOs are held and it enabled people to release into the keep that would be a great change as it would encourage action through out the zone and enable solos and 6 mans to really make a difference even during a siege where they perhaps feel less useful.

The fact order is currently outnumbered often is a whole different problem, but I would sya that the faction dominance swings back and forth over the months and anyone who has been on the server a long time can attest to this. Orders time will come again as it always has in the past and we will see how destro handles this then.

Akalukz

Post#123 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:47 pm

carthagerising wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:04 pm The guy who posted about changing the ress area for keeps is on the money. That was my second suggestion in the post about the keeps way back in march and would probably be healthier overall as we do have to balance this and enable even out numbered defenders a shot still even if outer door is tagged.

The change so far is good imo and simply requires a change in strat from all players. There have been some excellent defences still and even zone hopping defences such as last night in eataine and KV for order ( I play both factions). But also there has been some clear examples of people not adapting and getting punished. A few days ago order attacked praag while destro were else where. They had good numbers, got the ram to the keep and began the siege and then...didnt bother to control the posterns and this enabled destro to easily get in, even solos and repel the assault.

It will clearly take time but with adjustment to play it can be a net positive overall.

The next step should either be switching to the guys suggestion about release area or making BOs more important. If 3 BOs are held and it enabled people to release into the keep that would be a great change as it would encourage action through out the zone and enable solos and 6 mans to really make a difference even during a siege where they perhaps feel less useful.

The fact order is currently outnumbered often is a whole different problem, but I would sya that the faction dominance swings back and forth over the months and anyone who has been on the server a long time can attest to this. Orders time will come again as it always has in the past and we will see how destro handles this then.
BO Control tied keep rezzing would be pretty good idea, i had meant to suggest that today after playing the weekend with the change.
-= Agony =-

saupreusse
Developer

Post#124 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:19 pm

carthagerising wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:04 pm The guy who posted about changing the ress area for keeps is on the money. That was my second suggestion in the post about the keeps way back in march and would probably be healthier overall as we do have to balance this and enable even out numbered defenders a shot still even if outer door is tagged.

Are you talking about me? ^^

Spellbound

Post#125 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:05 am

Every patch can have unintended consequences why any balance change for either side has to be very careful. Destro already dominated city and with oRvR Rez change for keeps which I actually liked, it however caused cities to spawn on cooldown almost. A lot of Order I know are not even bothering with cities now as it’s just power leveling Sov for Destro even faster now or starting on Destro chars.

Order population dropping and less city instances are gonna be a thing. Personally haven’t rushed for city last few days of @here city notifications since I know another will be there in 12h.