Recent Topics

Ads

City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else
nuadarstark

Re: City Winner History?

Post#381 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:20 am

Foofmonger wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:25 pm I've been leveling up my WL recently so once I have more experience I'll happily put my own Order perspective in. :-) We should all examine our own biases.
Foof on WL? Damn, the end really is nigh :D

As for this thread, we didn't see a meaningful input, aside from the hilarious full tank instance, for a while now so I kinda wish mods would just lock the thread already.
Last edited by nuadarstark on Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#382 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:57 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:17 am These posts / conversations have been going on for months. Why people still do city despite the fact majority say they hate it.... oh wait - gear. Who cares, actually play the game and enjoy it not just play for city and free crests.
there are a lot of people who only log in the game when a city happens, and log off the game when it ends, and wait for the next city. what is the motivation of these people?
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Toshutkidup

Post#383 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:02 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:57 am
    Toshutkidup wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:17 am These posts / conversations have been going on for months. Why people still do city despite the fact majority say they hate it.... oh wait - gear. Who cares, actually play the game and enjoy it not just play for city and free crests.
    there are a lot of people who only log in the game when a city happens, and log off the game when it ends, and wait for the next city. what is the motivation of these people?
    No idea, except maybe hoping for next carrot to be released. Personally I skip cities and just play.
    First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
    My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Vladthedad

Post#384 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:05 am

Meliannia wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:07 pm
    3. i dont know if the devs can change this but the models themselves, the Order tank models need to be more attractive to new players, the destro tank models look class and suped up, the order tanks look thin and uninspiring, the Dorf Ib shud be RamMan from heMan, the KOTBS shud be Thrud or Conan, the nelf Sm shud be Fingolfin but they all just look like Jeremey Corbyn or Joe Biden.
    I can't unsee this now! Every KOTBS is Corbyn!!
    Barbaphus - Chosen - TUP
    Elhelion - White Lion - The Unlikely Plan

Spellbound

Post#385 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:40 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:51 pm
    Spellbound wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:09 pm
    I can't help with advice if the ears are closed. Appreciate they run the server for free, miss the game and they can choose how they balance to make it fun for them and their vision. Phoenix DAOC had their vision away from live and it worked out for them with Realm Timers and other rules. Some visions work, some don't and need adjustments when population changes.
    The subtle insinuation again that we don't listen to community feedback doesn't come as any surprise. The handful of community members who think they have the answers are always going to antagonize when they don't have control. I suppose I'll keep mentioning it in threads where people try to state otherwise. We use community feedback. We don't participate as much in community discussion because bad actors have a frequent tendency to act badly when they think there's attention being given out. If you're so high on the smell of your own farts to miss the changes happening week to week, there's not going to be much we can do to convince you. Limited staff, limited time, and opening conversations with the community big brains is a waste of both. You guys discuss what you want, and when something comes up that seems do-able, it's usually picked up internally and worked on. That's a far cry from "ears are closed". Your assumption is based on your own fat ego, not reality.
    As a GM your response to me isn’t necessary as you mentioned to another you just enforce rules and don’t balance. Your responses are mostly the cause of the drama against staff. As you stated, we can discuss what we want and “we don’t participate as much in community discussions”. However you have plenty of time for nearly most of my posts, which are few. I typically don’t indulge in your responses by replying because you’re just a GM and balance changes don’t go through you, but you are entitled to your opinion. As a GM, representative of the server, every word you say can cause consequences.

I was a GM on Phoenix DAOC and our GM guide, training, staff, conduct, rules, being neutral to realms , staying out of conversations, interaction in game... was top notch. You don’t have to even respond anymore to any posts and let the community talk amongst each other and quietly take it in. Server will actually be healthier with less drama and open opinions.

I do have my own private conversations with those involved in balancing, and asked by them on which way to lean on a certain change. Merely was just replying to Bombling. If you took some offense then sorry.

I know programming and adjustments to balance takes a long time. Most of the DAOC/WAR conversations internally took almost a year for class balancing to happen. I don’t need any further education on GM, programming, balancing, as I’m well aware how thing work and done most of it for over a decade.

I still remember my first post in balancing section and you told me it was a long winded way to say something which gave me over 10 PMs on what you said. So acting like you don’t get involved in conversations is wrong.

I’ll hide my “fat ego” Sir “Lord of Appeals” <3
    Last edited by Spellbound on Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toshutkidup

Post#386 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:12 am

In case someone missed the latest city , 13 instances total. Ending score 11-2 Destro
    First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
    My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

jvlosky

Post#387 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:45 am

velenne wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:47 pm Sweet Sigmar, those numbers are devastating.... I just... I have no response to that. wtf game are we even playing here?

edit: Ok I've had a few minutes to process this and calm down. I'm gonna take my player hat off for a minute and try to demonstrate something:

If you were to tell me, "hey there's this great online game. 24 classes, 2 realms, 3 pairings, it's all about these giant battlefield fights and it's an MMO" I would be pretty excited.

So I might follow that with, "So it sounds like a PvP kind of game? Who wins?"

To which you could say, "Well basically you spend all day fighting between different areas. Like 1,000 people man, sometimes it's 300 vs 300 in one fight."

"Ya ya, I get it," I say, "But who wins?"

"Well, one side wins about 81% of the time."

And I would be surprised. Shocked even. If one side of a "competitive" game wins 81% of the time, I wouldn't call that a competitive game.

Now hold on! I know you're already smashing your keyboards ready to defend Destro and the game and say one thing or the other....but folks....

81% is a fact. It's right there. 68 out of the last 84 cities were won by Destro. 57% of the time those cities are Altdorf.

You can talk about balance all you want. Those numbers right there tell the story.

Prepare for the cognitive dissonance.

I presume that is why the numbers have been going down in the populace in the past few months only been seeing 500-1000 players during prime time.

I understand it isn't the devs fault this is the way it is, but is the devs responsibility to create a good playing field for balanced fights and the numbers don't lie...............

wargrimnir
    Head Game Master

Post#388 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:56 pm

Spellbound wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:40 am
    I’ll hide my “fat ego” Sir “Lord of Appeals” <3
    So were you going to start doing that now? Or did you want to bring up your time as a balance tester at Mythic again?
    [email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
    grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
    Acidic

Post#389 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:02 pm

jvlosky wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:45 am
    Spoiler:
    velenne wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:47 pm Sweet Sigmar, those numbers are devastating.... I just... I have no response to that. wtf game are we even playing here?

edit: Ok I've had a few minutes to process this and calm down. I'm gonna take my player hat off for a minute and try to demonstrate something:

If you were to tell me, "hey there's this great online game. 24 classes, 2 realms, 3 pairings, it's all about these giant battlefield fights and it's an MMO" I would be pretty excited.

So I might follow that with, "So it sounds like a PvP kind of game? Who wins?"

To which you could say, "Well basically you spend all day fighting between different areas. Like 1,000 people man, sometimes it's 300 vs 300 in one fight."

"Ya ya, I get it," I say, "But who wins?"

"Well, one side wins about 81% of the time."

And I would be surprised. Shocked even. If one side of a "competitive" game wins 81% of the time, I wouldn't call that a competitive game.

Now hold on! I know you're already smashing your keyboards ready to defend Destro and the game and say one thing or the other....but folks....

81% is a fact. It's right there. 68 out of the last 84 cities were won by Destro. 57% of the time those cities are Altdorf.

You can talk about balance all you want. Those numbers right there tell the story.

Prepare for the cognitive dissonance.

I presume that is why the numbers have been going down in the populace in the past few months only been seeing 500-1000 players during prime time.
    I understand it isn't the devs fault this is the way it is, but is the devs responsibility to create a good playing field for balanced fights and the numbers don't lie...............
    Numbers indeed don’t lie, unfortunately it’s the interpretation of said number where the issue of lie/agenda etc starts.
    Lies, bloody lies and then statistics is the common saying

TwistedSister77

Post#390 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:07 pm

TwistedSister77 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:47 pm
    I'm not logged in right now, so I'm not sure if a character's Tome tracks cities wins vs losses. If it does, great, if not perhaps start tracking that. End goal perhaps being a bolster to certain stats to slightly level the playing field (the amount of bolster based on your win loss ratio record)... think about it.

It may also help with the pug vs premade a bit.

Note, I did not specify a side... would help balance a specific city scenario for either faction.
    Not one reply to my brainstorm of some type of city bolster based on win loss ratios for characters. Maybe just a terribad idea it didn't even deserve some some hate. :o