City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else
jvlosky

Re: City Winner History?

Post#391 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:15 pm

Acidic wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:02 pm
jvlosky wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:45 am
Spoiler:
velenne wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:47 pm Sweet Sigmar, those numbers are devastating.... I just... I have no response to that. wtf game are we even playing here?

edit: Ok I've had a few minutes to process this and calm down. I'm gonna take my player hat off for a minute and try to demonstrate something:

If you were to tell me, "hey there's this great online game. 24 classes, 2 realms, 3 pairings, it's all about these giant battlefield fights and it's an MMO" I would be pretty excited.

So I might follow that with, "So it sounds like a PvP kind of game? Who wins?"

To which you could say, "Well basically you spend all day fighting between different areas. Like 1,000 people man, sometimes it's 300 vs 300 in one fight."

"Ya ya, I get it," I say, "But who wins?"

"Well, one side wins about 81% of the time."

And I would be surprised. Shocked even. If one side of a "competitive" game wins 81% of the time, I wouldn't call that a competitive game.

Now hold on! I know you're already smashing your keyboards ready to defend Destro and the game and say one thing or the other....but folks....

81% is a fact. It's right there. 68 out of the last 84 cities were won by Destro. 57% of the time those cities are Altdorf.

You can talk about balance all you want. Those numbers right there tell the story.

Prepare for the cognitive dissonance.

I presume that is why the numbers have been going down in the populace in the past few months only been seeing 500-1000 players during prime time.
I understand it isn't the devs fault this is the way it is, but is the devs responsibility to create a good playing field for balanced fights and the numbers don't lie...............
Numbers indeed don’t lie, unfortunately it’s the interpretation of said number where the issue of lie/agenda etc starts.
Lies, bloody lies and then statistics is the common saying
How would you interpret 81% winning or w/e the number is?

Ads
Acidic

Post#392 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:27 pm

jvlosky wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:15 pm
Acidic wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:02 pm
jvlosky wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:45 am
Spoiler:

I presume that is why the numbers have been going down in the populace in the past few months only been seeing 500-1000 players during prime time.
I understand it isn't the devs fault this is the way it is, but is the devs responsibility to create a good playing field for balanced fights and the numbers don't lie...............
Numbers indeed don’t lie, unfortunately it’s the interpretation of said number where the issue of lie/agenda etc starts.
Lies, bloody lies and then statistics is the common saying
How would you interpret 81% winning or w/e the number is?
It’s quite easy to swing it any way you want :)
A win/loos streak with no context is meaningless, as shown by this thread.
Loosing as u don’t field you a team is expected , winning 20% could be a good showing if you take 24 tanks .
Statistics show only order is loosing, not why . This thread clearly indicated the common factor is organization of the teams. Order top tire guilds win vs organized destro so it’s not a balance issue per say . Can spam more interpretation of numbers but without context in the numbers it’s meaningless like this thread.

Toshutkidup

Post#393 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:13 pm

I personally don’t blame Devs on this issue, I blame player base. Order doesn’t organize, Order doesn’t play cities to win, they just play for free crests. And then the player base throws zones/Forts then log Order toons abs log on Destro toons as it’s a easy win. Don’t believe me, watch a certain WE stream that’s all he does. Then add in just city loggers. They don’t play 90% of the content then when city happens influx of 300-500 people then log off. If player base ( Order) cared about actually winning cities they (We) would start rolling more melee abs crest proper melee trains to combat Destro trains. But Order is hell bent on rolling non stop rdps classes. Then add the fact that a large amount of prior Order guilds either quit or moved Destro ( can’t beat them join them mentality I guess). So I might disagree with Devs on a lot of issues, but this issue I blame players for 80% of it.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ramlaen

Post#394 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:21 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:28 pm
Ramlaen wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:21 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:51 pm The subtle insinuation again that we don't listen to community feedback doesn't come as any surprise.
Lets not pretend that many class changes were not made for the personal benefit of current or past GM.
Considering there's no GM's on the balance team (nor have there ever been), how would they personally benefit? GM's enforce the rules on the server.

Do I personally benefit from managing the balance team where I work with multiple people to find solutions to balance? Perhaps you're referring to past developers (none of whom were GM's or involved in the GM responsibilities on the server) and are using "GM" as a general term for any staff member?

Or it's just another troll coming in to get his spanking. I dunno.
I mean I could assert you are the one 'trolling' when my comments are based on what GM say in discord, they didn't specify which GM they were referring to but your comment about getting killed by SW dots matched up.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Cabum

Post#395 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Is it to crazy of an idea to add a sort of city reservation for the character that had been pushing lakes and forts?

Spellbound

Post#396 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:17 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:56 pm
Spellbound wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:40 am
I’ll hide my “fat ego” Sir “Lord of Appeals” <3
So were you going to start doing that now? Or did you want to bring up your time as a balance tester at Mythic again?
I’ll just add a big banner in my signature instead.

Foofmonger

Post#397 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:29 pm

This thread is now just people repeating arguments from 20 pages ago and Spell and Warg having some kind of weird discussion about how they don't like each other.

Spellbound

Post#398 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:52 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:29 pm This thread is now just people repeating arguments from 20 pages ago and Spell and Warg having some kind of weird discussion about how they don't like each other.
Never said I don't like him, weird... yes.

Ads
wonshot

Post#399 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:29 pm This thread is now just people repeating arguments from 20 pages ago and Spell and Warg having some kind of weird discussion about how they don't like each other.
And that is probably why nothing will change as, the community, cant even put a finger on why we have this situation. Yes we can keep mentioning that order has too much rdps, but there are little to no solutions that the community can come up with, that would help solve the issue. So no big suprice if we cant give the devs solutions and they cant think of anything either, then nothing will come of it.

Now does it suck, absolutely. But taking turns to scream about how its either mara aoe knockdown, too many engineers, choppapull or whatever else we all try to pinpoint for the rot of all evil.
I tried with the 50pages of "why is order as it is" topic and even there no clear conclusion came of it, so it might be just a multitude of things making order (as a whole) just "harder"to perform on, unless you are TUP.

For the sake of transparency, my winrate is also sub 50% but i stopped caring months ago and just been attending for the meme of collecting the sets and trying to help guildies get some gear. City is too harsh to plan for when you build a 2times a week orvr guild, people just simply cant attend on a small privateserver. And its not like there is much to lean on from the rest of the realm.

About a week ago, we tried queuing with 12 lbl. We had one aoe bw, one dps wp and one full singletarget wl. And just went with it. The order pugfill got linked a discord link and not a single one wanted to join. Ended up loosing the instance with 6 order damagedealers vs destro's 6. Yet they had a pnp 12stack and WoM 6stack and that decited the instance as the AM got bored in stage3 and just kept running in solo. :roll:
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

M0rw47h

Post#400 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:57 pm

wonshot wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:55 pm stuff
Easy solution is to buff order tanks for soloing, so as many people would want to run Knights as many are roaming with Chosens.
Probably buffing SM to BO level would be also good option.

As KotBS and SM seen only nerfs in the past.
Last edited by M0rw47h on Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.