Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Single target rotation

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Irnerius

Re: [SW] Single target rotation

Post#11 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:25 am

Spoiler:
ceramicartist wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:43 am
agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:23 pm Scout is stronger than before but I advice you to play skirm or assault because 110 ft range sniper is not working in scs/rvr/city/6v6 anywhere, the risk you take by going in sorc/magus range is not worth taking for the dmg output you have
I'm sorry, but you're extremely wrong about Scout being stronger than before. Let me explain why.

*MORALE LOSS: M2 100% damage for x amount of seconds was ripped away from us long ago (This was the most powerful morale that made SW amazing)
*ABILITY LOSS: Flame Arrow is now in skirmish tree requiring you to be in Skirmish Stance (Nerf to Scout removing ability)
*TACTIC NERF: Enchanted Arrows is now half of a tactic for Scout Stance (Flame Arrow now in Skirmish, switching stances is not worth the small damage of a Skirmish Flame Arrow, and then getting back to Scout)
*ABILITY LOSS: Glass Arrow is no longer a damage ability that also cuts the range of your target (Not to mention this new ability just causes AP problems that SW already has issue with now)
*USELESS ABILITY: Steady Aim is not worth the build up time (Good luck getting that 4 second FA or 3 second EE off without getting disrupted for another 3 seconds)
*USELESS TACTIC: Guerrilla Training (Even if you wanted that extra survivability you have no tactic slots available without heavily nerfing yourself in other areas)
*ABILITY NERF: Eye Shot now forces you to stand still

Hope this helps clear things up for you.
Well, if you only used scout abilities in your scout rotation before, you may indeed have felt a slight increase in power. Some scout abilities got a damage buff and the new GA may be a bit more useful for scout. Plus, if you are not already sovereign-geared and have difficulties choosing the right targets the new VoN-effects (undefendable FA, FtW deals spirit damage) may make a noticeable difference.
In conclusion, the overall game-experience of a mediocre SW may have improved (which is not a bad thing at all). But if you read my first post thoroughly, I didn’t really ask about their experience.

Ads
ceramicartist

Post#12 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:15 pm

Spoiler:
Irnerius wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:25 am
ceramicartist wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:43 am
agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:23 pm Scout is stronger than before but I advice you to play skirm or assault because 110 ft range sniper is not working in scs/rvr/city/6v6 anywhere, the risk you take by going in sorc/magus range is not worth taking for the dmg output you have
I'm sorry, but you're extremely wrong about Scout being stronger than before. Let me explain why.

*MORALE LOSS: M2 100% damage for x amount of seconds was ripped away from us long ago (This was the most powerful morale that made SW amazing)
*ABILITY LOSS: Flame Arrow is now in skirmish tree requiring you to be in Skirmish Stance (Nerf to Scout removing ability)
*TACTIC NERF: Enchanted Arrows is now half of a tactic for Scout Stance (Flame Arrow now in Skirmish, switching stances is not worth the small damage of a Skirmish Flame Arrow, and then getting back to Scout)
*ABILITY LOSS: Glass Arrow is no longer a damage ability that also cuts the range of your target (Not to mention this new ability just causes AP problems that SW already has issue with now)
*USELESS ABILITY: Steady Aim is not worth the build up time (Good luck getting that 4 second FA or 3 second EE off without getting disrupted for another 3 seconds)
*USELESS TACTIC: Guerrilla Training (Even if you wanted that extra survivability you have no tactic slots available without heavily nerfing yourself in other areas)
*ABILITY NERF: Eye Shot now forces you to stand still

Hope this helps clear things up for you.
Well, if you only used scout abilities in your scout rotation before, you may indeed have felt a slight increase in power. Some scout abilities got a damage buff and the new GA may be a bit more useful for scout. Plus, if you are not already sovereign-geared and have difficulties choosing the right targets the new VoN-effects (undefendable FA, FtW deals spirit damage) may make a noticeable difference.
In conclusion, the overall game-experience of a mediocre SW may have improved (which is not a bad thing at all). But if you read my first post thoroughly, I didn’t really ask about their experience.
My response was only to the one I quoted. However, to respond to your question "Has any good and well geared SW found a way to deal serious single target damage with the new range specs?"

Here is what I use with Scout: BHA > BHA > AA > FA + VoN > EE > EE > FtW

I am only a RR59 SW but I've crit FAs for 3K (Rip M2 turning that into a 6K hit). You can also change it up a bit depending if you need to KD your target, silence, or just straight up EE spam.

Irnerius

Post#13 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:34 am

Thank you. This rotation illustrates the single target inferiority of the new specs pretty well:
Not only are two stacks of BHA easily cleansed (and there is no logic behind the fact, that now at least two stacks of BHA are needed to reach the strength of the old BHA, simply because BHA-stacking with Split Arrows turned out to be too strong).
You also lost the heal debuff while still missing a bw/sorc/magus/engi like damage to kill targets by pure burst.
Sure, you had to give up a tactic slot for Powerful Draw to use your heal debuff in scout. But at certain point of gear that didn’t really matter that much.

Concerning FA and US: Fester-Bombing – while annoying as hell for your target – was boring to play as a SW and not even very useful, killing one enemy every 60 seconds didn’t help your team very much. I always preferred EE-spam on live.