Recent Topics

Ads

Modify the recent keep respawn changes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Diragi

Re: Modify the recent keep respawn changes

Post#31 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:22 pm

As un-fun as getting zerged may be zones flipping at a decent rate is great for RPs and rewards.

I suggest keeping the respawn changes as-is and add an extra factor to the AAO calculation to include the server pop and not just the zone itself.

Ads
Karkaroth

Post#32 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:53 am

I dunno before changes i was playing 4 hours or more a day, sure Id never win a city or very rarely but at least there was some wins in orvr and by wins I mean I felt like I won defending a keep. now its just lose lose everywhere in the game unless I play scen or pop is equal which isnt very often. Now I barely play longer than 30 min its just not fun.
I get the idea that zerging rams down is kinda shite so is just zerging keeps imo and only one side can do that! whereas zerging rams both sides can do it so as shitty as a tactic as it was it was still fair imo. I dont think a single destro complained about this change in this thread that should be telling in of itself.
I will concede that you prob get more royals on both sides with this change but its just not fun anymore for most order I bet. I dunno what the answer is cause I agree that zerging rams down is dirty pool all I know is games no longer fun for me to play I dont care about increased royals I just want to feel like i'm winning sometimes.

ure

Post#33 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:43 am

I understand why the changes have been made - but in my view the keep fights have become less interesting. Defending and attacking a keep has always been a large part of the content in RvR. With the changes we will not see any more funnel actions as people cannot respawn inside and I am afraid that a big part of the 'content' will simply disappear.

Fai

Post#34 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:15 pm

where did the order whiners go?
oh wait...they are attacking IC now 2nd time today.
need destro whine posts how unfair order is zerging us now!!1
long story short: things always change from time to time, think first before complaining all the time...

Opethian

Post#35 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 pm

Destro pug wb leaders have switched to order and others are x-realming. It's not that much of a mystery.

mytreds

Post#36 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:05 pm

StrongUn wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:28 pm Best rvr change in ages and lot of ppl crying about it...

Yes, now you cant just:
ok i die, i dont care, i respawn on my keep anyways so i can start shootin ppl from walls and respawn again 74646 times if i die...

Better coordination is all you need
Better coordination huh? Against a realm with twice the order numbers? That’s all order needs? Really?

Couldn’t be that one realm has easy, better classes than the other? And because of that more players choose that side? And because of that order has to defend 2:1 in most cases?

Nah it’s all coordination.

I agree, it’s a stupid change, it favors the Zerg, it makes it so zones are taken 150-25. Expect all more 1 Star cities in the coming weeks.

mytreds

Post#37 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:06 pm

Fai wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:15 pm where did the order whiners go?
oh wait...they are attacking IC now 2nd time today.
need destro whine posts how unfair order is zerging us now!!1
long story short: things always change from time to time, think first before complaining all the time...
Nice strawman.