Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Solo Group Issue & Suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grock

Re: Healing & Immortality

Post#11 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:14 pm

MrCringe56 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:55 pm The fact that this isn't the only thread tells me there is a balance issue
The question is whether it is an issue in the first place.

The game is built and balanced around the constant healing, you need a fair amount of coordination or number advantage in order to be able to finish off a target in group environment.

In a 6v6 scenario that means punting away enemy tank(to remove guard), knocking down the target and silencing enemy healer, all at one. And even that does not always guarantee a kill against a good team because you only have few seconds to finish the target before they get protected and healed again.
MrCringe56 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:13 pm You obviously don't know anything about ability training cause then you would know that
you can spec dps path and aim to get strength/toughness/Wounds on gear. So your claim that
i'm not doing damage because i'm a tank is invalid.
No matter what you do you can't reach the output of a real DPS class on a non-dps, although some classes can get fairly close(not KotBS).
We have poweful damage-oriented tactics and class mechanics that trade our defences for more damage, the gap between a dps tank (especially a Knight!) and a properly built DPS is gigantic.
Last edited by Grock on Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
warlover

Post#12 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:17 pm

Well i play Destro and have no problem dying at all, i wish i was Immortal :lol:

CyunUnderis

Post#13 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:19 pm

DPS Kotbs does not have the tools to kill a healer easily (anti-detaunt, burst, heal debuff, ...) : it is possible to kill a healer alone, but to kill a good healer, you depend on your team.
Be sure to :
  • attack the same target as your teammate (/assist friendly name) ;
  • have a good stuff (you can check this response) with talis/pot ;
  • have a debuff heal up on your target ;
  • use your taunt or other interrupt spell for important heal with long cast ;
  • punt away tanks guarding your target ;
  • switch target when your main dps is detaunted.

Winterwacht

Post#14 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Aren't RP/WP stronger healers than their counterparts on Destro? what comes after Immortality?

Zxul

Post#15 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 pm

MrCringe56 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:13 pm
Zamoth wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 pm And he is a Kotbs, who hits like a wet noodle anyways. You are a Tank Sir. :-)
You obviously don't know anything about ability training cause then you would know that
you can spec dps path and aim to get strength/toughness/Wounds on gear. So your claim that
i'm not doing damage because i'm a tank is invalid.
Lets start from the fact that on physical dps, specially one with scaling as bad as kotb one, str is not your main stat to do dmg.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Boernsen12345

Post#16 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:20 pm

I just lost a few more braincells reading this.

Fey

Post#17 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:45 pm

As was mentioned you probably have the class with the weakest dps potential in the game. The fact that you can't do any real damage is unsurprising.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

MrCringe56

Post#18 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Its plain and simple, healing is broken and too op i'm not the only one who thinks it either. Its pretty funny you all think i'm only experiencing this issue with my tank did you guys think that maybe i have more then one character? So wounder what your diversion is going to be now? since i'm experiencing this on other classes? because obviously you all don't want your op broken healing nerfed so of course you all are going to put blame on something right....see right through you all

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#19 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:56 pm

These are the kind of high quality discussions I expect to see on the forums.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

MrCringe56

Post#20 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:01 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:56 pm These are the kind of high quality discussions I expect to see on the forums.
I provided my suggestion and feedback its up to the devs to look at it now its not my fault the people responding don't like it this thread is for suggestions and feedback what are they going to cancel me on here because they got offended by my thread XD

To be honest, i didn't even want to discuss this when i listed this thread just wanted to provide feedback and some suggestions. I don't think i broke any rules as per the terms of service?