Recent Topics

Ads

class for returning casual player

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
facundo7777
Posts: 188

class for returning casual player

Post#1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:50 pm

I am going to play ror again after long break (more than year probably).

i want to start with a new class.

Which class can U suggest for casual solo/small grp/pug player?

I wont be best high rr master player but i would like to have fun and dont feel like piece of ...:D...

Ads
tefnaht
Posts: 73

Re: class for returning casual player

Post#2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:00 pm

Tank\Melee\Range\Healer? Order\Destro?

User avatar
Wam
Legacy RR80
Posts: 687

Re: class for returning casual player

Post#3 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:21 pm

facundo7777 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:50 pm
I am going to play ror again after long break (more than year probably).

i want to start with a new class.

Which class can U suggest for casual solo/small grp/pug player?

I wont be best high rr master player but i would like to have fun and dont feel like piece of ...:D...
Chosen/kotbs

Mara/wl

Sorc/bw

Dok/wp

depends what you aiming for playstyle wise

Chosen/kotbs just know how to guard (and guard swap in combat) and you better than majority of tanks, then learn how to CC also and read fights

Mara/wl ... wl easier more mobile and can cast pet on the move, mara requires more team support to really shine

Sorc/Bw ... will be squishier than other choices but alot of ranged damage, easy to do if experienced ... a tank or healer is probably better first pick if you are not experienced or confident to learn the game and different classes you face

Dok/wp ... lack mobility but easy to be tanky and provide alot of group sustain. Know how to detaunt and group heal and again you will be better than most healers sadly.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

User avatar
facundo7777
Posts: 188

Re: class for returning casual player

Post#4 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:36 pm

tefnaht wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:00 pm
Tank\Melee\Range\Healer? Order\Destro?
doesn't matter :D

Vandoles
Posts: 248

Re: class for returning casual player

Post#5 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:48 pm

Order/destro?

Roll a healer to be incredibly useful at solo/pug/casual play. Roll a WL/mara to have fun dpsing. Roll a BW/Sorc to sit back and create numbers. Tanks are great for solo/small group/casual but you'll be desperately bored as kotbs and you'll want your 2h specc to be viable - 2h speccs are only really viable on destro.

Roll destro if you want to have fun. Roll order if you want to help out the ones getting smacked around, especially solo. Would recommend healing as order (you'll be more useful and you'll find eough groups not to get smacked around so easily). Anything else destro is better.

tefnaht
Posts: 73

Re: class for returning casual player

Post#6 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Vandoles wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:48 pm
Order/destro?

Roll a healer to be incredibly useful at solo/pug/casual play. Roll a WL/mara to have fun dpsing. Roll a BW/Sorc to sit back and create numbers. Tanks are great for solo/small group/casual but you'll be desperately bored as kotbs and you'll want your 2h specc to be viable - 2h speccs are only really viable on destro.

Roll destro if you want to have fun. Roll order if you want to help out the ones getting smacked around, especially solo. Would recommend healing as order (you'll be more useful and you'll find eough groups not to get smacked around so easily). Anything else destro is better.
Order have lack on tank spot more then on healer "#order tank 2h spec matter"

User avatar
facundo7777
Posts: 188

Re: class for returning casual player

Post#7 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:39 pm

tefnaht wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:31 pm
Vandoles wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:48 pm
Order/destro?

Roll a healer to be incredibly useful at solo/pug/casual play. Roll a WL/mara to have fun dpsing. Roll a BW/Sorc to sit back and create numbers. Tanks are great for solo/small group/casual but you'll be desperately bored as kotbs and you'll want your 2h specc to be viable - 2h speccs are only really viable on destro.

Roll destro if you want to have fun. Roll order if you want to help out the ones getting smacked around, especially solo. Would recommend healing as order (you'll be more useful and you'll find eough groups not to get smacked around so easily). Anything else destro is better.
Order have lack on tank spot more then on healer "#order tank 2h spec matter"
unfortunately best for me (looks best) 2h tanks are chosen and bg :P

maybe sm? i will think about this one

User avatar
facundo7777
Posts: 188

Re: class for returning casual player

Post#8 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:07 pm

friend ask me to play in order :D so at least faction is decided :D

Ads
Vandoles
Posts: 248

Re: class for returning casual player

Post#9 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:13 pm

If you like SM keep in mind you will be snb and its a little clunky (and not the best). 2h requires a lot of grind before its viable (and even then a little weak). The good news is its not totally worthless, but still not great.

tefnaht
Posts: 73

Re: class for returning casual player

Post#10 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:14 pm

BW+RP and grind equipment)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], charlysixb, Farlfang, Kardog, Melekith, Rmoorenc, wpc56 and 42 guests