Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Useless in end game content?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Szeff

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#51 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:01 am

carthagerising wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:39 am Im reminded of a saying about leading a horse to water at this point.

Also dps RP and zealots are also a thing at the top end and are used by (if i remember correctly) LBL and NGE (at least in recent cities). Your stuck in the past man and the game has moved forward.

so called "fluff" damage has its place and enables targets to be focused who are already under pressure. Do you even premade bro?

Anyway any Magus should not believe the utter shite written about them, they are an excellent and long under appreciated class that are more than capable of holding their own in cities.
I appreciate you, for both what you have pointed out here and what you have said to me in-game. I genuinely hope more Magus listen to you because after I did I have had so much fun with my Magus.

Ads
Crumbs

Post#52 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:45 am

They are the hardest dps class to master with the most raw damage potential than every single other dps class in the game (except engi, still very high but not BW level) and some of the worst when not played to it's maximum potential.

Magus being THE highest sustained aoe damage dealer in the game don't give a **** what clown from any guilds want to say about that. These are just facts and I know it's against the popular opinion of mediocre-decent players repeating the same **** that their great almighty guild leader has dictated as law.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

convexte

Post#53 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:40 am

Crumbs wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:45 am They are the hardest dps class to master with the most raw damage potential than every single other dps class in the game (except engi, still very high but not BW level) and some of the worst when not played to it's maximum potential.

Magus being THE highest sustained aoe damage dealer in the game don't give a **** what clown from any guilds want to say about that. These are just facts and I know it's against the popular opinion of mediocre-decent players repeating the same **** that their great almighty guild leader has dictated as law.
8 aoe dps magus warbands when?Or you just wanna pew-pew from walls/fort lord room?
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

Crumbs

Post#54 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:16 am

convexte wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:40 am
Crumbs wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:45 am They are the hardest dps class to master with the most raw damage potential than every single other dps class in the game (except engi, still very high but not BW level) and some of the worst when not played to it's maximum potential.

8 aoe dps magus warbands when?Or you just wanna pew-pew from walls/fort lord room?
"Hngu hmm hungm ugh duh gggngnghh" is what I understood
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Sulorie

Post#55 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:26 am

In my last 24vs24 city, both sides 8-8-8, a magus in vanq gear with bloodlord weapon was top dmg and 2nd in kills.
So the potential is there, it's just a matter of how you can keep your pet alive, which requires proper positioning and awareness.
Dying is no option.

convexte

Post#56 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:41 am

Crumbs wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:16 am
convexte wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:40 am

"Hngu hmm hungm ugh duh gggngnghh" is what I understood
Pathetic.
Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:26 am In my last 24vs24 city, both sides 8-8-8, a magus in vanq gear with bloodlord weapon was top dmg and 2nd in kills.
So the potential is there, it's just a matter of how you can keep your pet alive, which requires proper positioning and awareness.
There was only one magus or more?
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

Spellbound

Post#57 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:49 am

Ask Restlin if Magus are useless. He tops damage every city.

convexte

Post#58 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:56 am

Spellbound wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:49 am Ask Restlin if Magus are useless. He tops damage every city.
Ngnl was top damage done every instance when city sieges was introduced, but still do you wanna stack maguses for wb?Thats all what i wanna ask.
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

Ads
Crumbs

Post#59 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:03 am

convexte wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:56 am
Spellbound wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:49 am Ask Restlin if Magus are useless. He tops damage every city.
Ngnl was top damage done every instance when city sieges was introduced, but still do you wanna stack maguses for wb?Thats all what i wanna ask.
Dude do you seriously need to know the answer to that question?
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Sulorie

Post#60 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:23 am

convexte wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:41 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:26 am In my last 24vs24 city, both sides 8-8-8, a magus in vanq gear with bloodlord weapon was top dmg and 2nd in kills.
There was only one magus or more?
One, we are not crazy. :^)

He performed better than the 2 sorcs with sov gear but this doesn't mean much, as player quality differs and has in many cases more weight than the gear alone.

I agree that stacking of magus wouldn't be smart, because they can only operate at full potential, if left alone. For this you need a meatshield of tanks and melee. With e.g. 8 magus it would be too easy to get to them in order to kill their pets with random aoe, which makes you lose a lot damage.

That magus wasn't even pulling, he was there for damage, not utility.

There are 5 dd classes with aoe spec for city on destro, ignoring WE, which I would only pick for ST assist train. This means, picking 2 magus in a warband with 8 dd slots would already be a lot.
Personally I can't convince myself to stack only 2-3 different dd classes in a warband but order is most likely different.
Dying is no option.