Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
knives2k

Re: [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

Post#31 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:11 pm

watched for 3 days straight and only got 24 hour reward.

Ads
wanna993

Post#32 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:18 pm

I'd like to add one thing. More transparency as to what the rewards do/are.
Some are super obvious (10g reward) and others are... not at all unless you're knowledgeable about the game.
Signet of the Cursed = from what I heard it turns you into a skeleton? But I have no clue
Otherworldy Favour = ???
Writ of the Realm = the win 5 scs quest but can't tell with just the name
Otherworldly Bounty = ???

Ebonskaith

Post#33 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:30 pm

Enjoyed the event, was nice being able to participate while being able to do other things as well. We had weekend guests, so I was unable to play, but I could sneak off and watch streams for a while, then head back. I do feel a little guilty that I did not dedicate 100% of watch time to watching, but I did enjoy it, and learned a few things as well for ingame.

1: I am reasonably sure I only got the common rewards, but no matter what game my RNG sucks, bad (like -48% bad)
I prefer BoE rewards.

2: The time required was fair, however, I do prefer to jump between streamers a lot.

4: A lot of streamers is good, variety.
It would be nice to be able to tell which side they are streaming without having to jump through each one, I do not know if that is possible.
And they were all new, since I generally do not watch streamers.

Thank you all for the time and efforts you put into making this event work :)
Alkanova - AM
Xelithia - SM
Zealith - WP
Alexana - KotBS

DoomedDragon

Post#34 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:04 pm

Great event and looking forward to future ones!

My Feedback would be regarding the RNG drops, as many others and myself included probably wished for the goggles but were not blessed by rng jesus.

I would prefer if the RNG rewards would be strictly a "bonus" tier, like for example gold, dyes, talismans, etc. And things that I would regard as a more major reward, the quests and goggles to instead be in the event list.

Great event nonetheless!

Vri

Post#35 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:24 pm

1. Rewards:
- Where the rewards fair?
Yes and no.

- Is the RNG fair? We're taking about intended rare rewards.
Yes RNG is fair. Keep items random and rare

- Would a Bind on Pickup (BoP) system suit you for the rewards? They won't be sellable anymore and you might get stuck with them.
No BOP for drops. Lets see if we can earn some extra gold.

2. Hours required:

- Where the hours required fair?
No, i streamed over night with my sound lowered to 1 or 2. I did watch/listen for 8 plus hours a day.

- Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers?
I woke up and watched Zarbrix. Once Zar is done, i jumped over to Zappy. He stays on late into the night. I like switch but i only switch, when a streamer is done.

3. Quests:

- Were the quests engaging/new/challenging?
Yes.

- Were the quests' rewards fair?
Yes.

- Were the quests too long/too short?
N/A

4. Streamers:

- Do you think there were a lot of streamers? Is it bad/good?
Yes, we had a good selection of streamers

- Was the streamer's quest item annoying?
Yes and no.

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names)?
No but one did lose his temper friday night over a troll.

- Have you watched more than one streamer?
I watched two mainly and a 3rd for a few minutes.

- Have you met new streamers?
I normally avoid streamers but ROR evnts are great. I like what is happening within the ROR community.

Paladini

Post#36 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:15 pm

I think once you achieve 40h you wont get any RNG anyway...
I kept streams on for entire drops event, and once I hit 40th, those other all remaining hours gave nothing.

Herlequin

Post#37 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:44 pm

My only issue was with #2. Hours required:

I got credit for many of the items up to Pet carrier from watching ZappyTapp & Zombieslicer.

But didnt get credit for:

80 Heal Potions (1.5k) - Rewarded upon watching any single streamer for 6 hours.
72 hours Renown Potion (+25%) - Rewarded upon watching any single streamer for 8 hours.

I mainly watched the same streamer for the weekend unless they were ofline and didnt get credit for the items mentioned above.

Also didnt get credit for Bestial Token - Rewarded upon watching streamers for 30 hours. but watched over 30 hours of streamers.

Some sort of mechanism needs to be inplace to show your progress towards goals.

Goryak

Post#38 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:44 pm

Horrendous idea to give ingame items whilst not even being ingame, playing, just for the sake of Twitch visibility but oh well......

1. Rewards:
- WERE the rewards fair? Sure, free items for doing NOTHING ingame, not much to complain about. Perhaps a trivial title should not have been placed as the last reward tho.
- Is the RNG fair? Rare items have no place being given in such a silly "event", items like goggles and others are some of the few items that old players that have been with the project for years have to show for all those years of commitment to the game. It was possible to acquire them for a long time, if you were not here during that time then you should have joined ror sooner, R.I.P.
- Would a Bind on Pickup (BoP) system suit you for the rewards? Just create a damn Bind on ACCOUNT system already. Problem fixed.

2. Hours required:
- WERE the hours required fair? A bit heavy on the hours.
- Which method pleased you the most: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers? I was not pleased.

3. Quests:
Haven't claimed them yet, R.I.P if they can only be done during the weekend.

4. Streamers:
- Do you think there were a lot of streamers? Is it bad/good? Yes, good, many options.
- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names)? How could I? They were just cows I had to milk some hours out of in order to get some items. Didn't bother actually watching the stream.
- Have you watched more than one streamer? Yes, I can't milk the same cow all the time, it needs time to replenish it's milk.
- Have you met new streamers? Ofc not, I only milk them. Strictly business, no enjoyment whatsoever. Just open stream, mute, minimize window and start the milking.
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Ads
svonludwig

Post#39 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:09 pm

1. Rewards:
- Where the rewards fair? Used a mid tier character so they worked for me.
- Is the RNG fair? We're taking about intended rare rewards. Didnt get any for around 50 hours of streaming. Maybe 1 RNG reward for 20 hours stream and call it good. Another for another 20 and so forth...
- Would a Bind on Pickup (BoP) system suit you for the rewards? They won't be sellable anymore and you might get stuck with them. I think thats a good idea. Flooding the market with gear isnt going to help the economy.

2. Hours required:
- Where the hours required fair? A bit steep. No one is actually watching anything that long.
- Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers? I watched one til they went offline. Multiple works due to so many times zones playing

3. Quests:
- Were the quests engaging/new/challenging? I got one for sc's. Easy enough to participate. The duel one, couldnt get anyone into the area to duel.
- Were the quests' rewards fair? Fort the SC's, yes

TimoTimeYoutube

Post#40 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:21 pm

1. Rewards:
- Where the rewards fair?
Yes, it was satisfactory.
- Is the RNG fair? We're taking about intended rare rewards.
Yes, but a little more variety would be nice. eg smaller bags to bring in a little rotation.
- Would a Bind on Pickup (BoP) system suit you for the rewards? They won't be sellable anymore and you might get stuck with them.
Yes

2. Hours required:
- Where the hours required fair?
Difficult to say, I think not all of them were "sighted" by Twitch, I have certainly watched at least 35 hours but only got around 13 rewards
- Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers?
Absolutely several streamers (why not all of them ???) Find it personal (since I am also a streamer) always a shame that some are allowed to enjoy this advantage, so it is hardly worthwhile to streamer at such a time as everyone only with people with drops looks.
This could demotivate streamers to continue streaming.

3. Quests:
- Were the quests engaging/new/challenging?
N/A
- Were the quests' rewards fair?
They were pleasant
- Were the quests too long/too short?
absolutely feasible, so please leave it that way

4. Streamers:
- Do you think there were a lot of streamers? Is it bad/good?
Unfortunately not enough ^^
(why not all of them ???) Find it personal (since I am also a streamer) always a shame that some are allowed to enjoy this advantage, so it is hardly worthwhile to streamer at such a time as everyone only with people with drops looks.
This could demotivate streamers to continue streaming.
- Was the streamer's quest item annoying?
N/A
- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names)?
This time (good for me) there were more German streamers represented, but that doesn't help if they still speak English... (no names...) meaningless ...
- Have you watched more than one streamer?
Yes, I like to switch from time to time to see other classes or to exchange ideas with others
- Have you met new streamers?
Unfortunately no, because of course I wanted to take the drops with me
My new Youtube Account ;)
:twisted: Check it :twisted:
https://www.twitch.tv/blizwarktv or https://www.twitch.tv/blizwarklive
and Youtube (inclusive Stream - Multistream with Twitch)
https://www.youtube.com/c/blizwark