Recent Topics

Ads

Enemy broken! Please HELP!

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
rafool

Enemy broken! Please HELP!

Post#1 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:52 am

After the last patch Enemy has been acting weird.

The unit frames don't show up on the screen when I join a party/wb and I can't mark anyone. I didnt realize how much I need this tool until it wasnt working.

If I click on Configuration in Enemy then the party/wb unit frames show up but I still cant mark. When I click on other players to mark the mark doesnt appear over their head.

The mod has a ! error in the Mods. I tried deleting Enemy from my Mods folder and reinstalling.

I tried downloading Enemy directing from Indra but nothing.

Thanks for any help.

Ads
Acidic

Re: Enemy broken! Please HELP!

Post#2 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:20 am

Could be worth looking in the directory user/#server/char/..
can’t remember the exact path where the client places the config stuff something like the above. In that directory look for the enemy addon directory and rename/delete it (make a backup first) this should allow u to start fresh

mogulprince

Post#3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:05 am

Hi, has this been fixed? I'm having the exact same issue and I just reinstalled the VinyUI pack with Enemy as well. (deleted user, interface and cache as described) The addon is yellow in the overview with an "!" to highlight that an error has been detected.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#4 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:11 am

mogulprince wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:05 am Hi, has this been fixed? I'm having the exact same issue and I just reinstalled the VinyUI pack with Enemy as well. (deleted user, interface and cache as described) The addon is yellow in the overview with an "!" to highlight that an error has been detected.
Hey,

which Enemy version are you using? From the VinyUi that comes with the Torrent?

mogulprince

Post#5 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:30 am

Lilim wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:11 am
mogulprince wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:05 am Hi, has this been fixed? I'm having the exact same issue and I just reinstalled the VinyUI pack with Enemy as well. (deleted user, interface and cache as described) The addon is yellow in the overview with an "!" to highlight that an error has been detected.
Hey,

I'm using Enemy 2.8.0 which is included in the VinyUI516 pack from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=6371

What I forgot to mention is that the markers are not working either for me as they did before. Normally I would target a player and click on the respective color to assign a marker. Now nothing is happening. What is interesting though is the fact, that even after the reinstallation there has to be cached information somewhere, because when I check the "Permanent targets list" (Ctrl+Left click on the marker icon) there are still players that I have marked 6 months ago.

If you need any other info please let me know, thanks!

Lilim
Community Management

Post#6 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:11 am

Spoiler:
mogulprince wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:30 am
Hey,

I'm using Enemy 2.8.0 which is included in the VinyUI516 pack from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=6371

What I forgot to mention is that the markers are not working either for me as they did before. Normally I would target a player and click on the respective color to assign a marker. Now nothing is happening. What is interesting though is the fact, that even after the reinstallation there has to be cached information somewhere, because when I check the "Permanent targets list" (Ctrl+Left click on the marker icon) there are still players that I have marked 6 months ago.

Hey,

so I chatted with Viny...so here are some questions and tips...

1) clear the content of your cache folder (not the best advice, but always a good idea)
2) are you using any non-VinyUi addons?
3) actually, Enemy should'nt load with errors....you can try to open the debugger (command: /d), reload the ui (/rel) and check what errors pop up
4) check if all folders/files aren't read-only
4) If you are aren't afraid to do some code stuff you can clear your Enemy Mark-stuff manually:
- close your game
- go to: RoR > user > settings > Martyrs Square > Character > current profile > Enemy > SavedVariables.lua
- open it with an Editor....it's a very long file,scroll a while until you find a list of names like:

Code: Select all

[L"Cedric"] = false,
[L"Praetorean"] = false,
[L"Noh"] = false,
[L"Bigavocado"] = false,
[L"Jimson"] = false,
[L"Eltrucko"] = false,
[L"Nobguzzlah"] = false,
delete the whole line, save, close the file, clear your cache (again), start your game

mogulprince

Post#7 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:05 pm

Spoiler:
Lilim wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:11 am
Spoiler:
mogulprince wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:30 am

Hey,

Hey,

so I chatted with Viny...so here are some questions and tips...

1) clear the content of your cache folder (not the best advice, but always a good idea)
2) are you using any non-VinyUi addons?
3) actually, Enemy should'nt load with errors....you can try to open the debugger (command: /d), reload the ui (/rel) and check what errors pop up
4) check if all folders/files aren't read-only
4) If you are aren't afraid to do some code stuff you can clear your Enemy Mark-stuff manually:
- close your game
- go to: RoR > user > settings > Martyrs Square > Character > current profile > Enemy > SavedVariables.lua
- open it with an Editor....it's a very long file,scroll a while until you find a list of names like:

Code: Select all

[L"Cedric"] = false,
[L"Praetorean"] = false,
[L"Noh"] = false,
[L"Bigavocado"] = false,
[L"Jimson"] = false,
[L"Eltrucko"] = false,
[L"Nobguzzlah"] = false,
delete the whole line, save, close the file, clear your cache (again), start your game
Hi Lilim,

thank you for trying to find a solution. I was testing out what you suggested but my problems still were there. Today I redownloaded the game files again (it's a google drive link from a fellow forum user https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z-74T0 ... sp=sharing) and put my backup folders (user, interface and cache) in the redownloaded folder. Enemy works now as intended, doesn't show any errors and I can use markers. Maybe this helps others who have trouble with what I was dealing with.