Recent Topics

Ads

detaunt ? what is it ?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
woodgnomezombie

detaunt ? what is it ?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:31 pm

playing my BO mostly except some lvls on some other Charakters so i am a bit confused

detaunting is an "skill" damage classes can use and nothing a tank has to do aye ? (i can taunt also but a detaunt is a skill from the other classes aye?)

i have startet a sorcerer and found a "detaunt" spell xD

just wanna do my job as a tank as good as i can do it :)

Ads
M0rw47h

Re: detaunt ? what is it ?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:35 pm

You don't have "detaunt" reducing damage dealt to YOU as a tank, but you have "challenge" and "distracting bellows" (M2) reducing damage dealt to OTHERS.

woodgnomezombie

Post#3 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:11 pm

aye ty :)

and should i use the regular taunt also ? or is it "senseless"?

Noslock

Post#4 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:45 pm

woodgnomezombie wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:31 pm playing my BO mostly except some lvls on some other Charakters so i am a bit confused

detaunting is an "skill" damage classes can use and nothing a tank has to do aye ? (i can taunt also but a detaunt is a skill from the other classes aye?)

i have startet a sorcerer and found a "detaunt" spell xD

just wanna do my job as a tank as good as i can do it :)
If you want detaunt on a bo you can farm warlord set :-) .The 7th piece bonus is 10% chance of detaunt on being hit.And for the taunt part you can use it to interrupt the enemies (like resses ,channeled morales like raze or channeled abilities) or you can use it to increase the damage you do to them by 30% (especially if you go 2h)

TreefAM

Post#5 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:54 pm

woodgnomezombie wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:11 pm aye ty :)

and should i use the regular taunt also ? or is it "senseless"?
Yes, with taunt you can cancel a cast or a channel and increase the dmg you do to a target.

woodgnomezombie

Post#6 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:50 pm

nice ty :D can i somehow make the enemy cast bar visible?

marisco

Post#7 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:37 pm

On tanks:

Taunt on PVP: Interrupt + increased damage the target takes from you (3 attacks)
Taunt on PVE: Force the target to attack you + Interrupt + increased damage the target takes from you (3 attacks)

Challenge on PVP: Makes everyone in front of you do less damage to allies, you still take full damage (3 attacks)
Challenge on PVE: Force the targets in front of you attack you + Makes everyone in front of you do less damage to allies, you still take full damage (3 attacks)

DPS, Healers:

Detaunt on PVP: Reduce the damage you take from that target, if you damage the target the detaunt goes away
Detaunt on PVE: Reduces your aggro + Reduce the damage you take from that target, if you damage the target the detaunt goes away