Recent Topics

Ads

WH BiS Consensus?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Machiara

WH BiS Consensus?

Post#1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:06 am

Hi all,

Is there a consensus regarding the WH BiS gear? I've heard people talking about 5 pieces of Warlord, but the crit chance increase from Sov seems better to me. What am I missing here?

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: WH BiS Consensus?

Post#2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:52 am

For max dmg output go 4 piece onslaught 4 piece sovereign (sove with 4 piece bonus 15 % more critical dmg output, combine this with onslaught 4 piece 9 % crit chance and 12 % more critical dmg output = 27 % More critical dmg output and top that with bloodlord wpn 5 % more dmg and wit weapon with 800 armour debuff. Sentinel jewelry with 4 % melee crit talisman or 60 melee power talisman=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

kryss

Post#3 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:45 am

There's a fair amount of options for different playstyles and I'm quite sure there's not a "consensous" on what's actually BIS.

- 4 onslaught + 4 offensive sov was good when we had some "proper" AoE: lots of procs, good dmg, in cities I could easily outdps almost all other Mdps and Rdps even in organized and good warbands, while draining morale at the same time with DG + vitriolic tactic. I wouldn't recommend this gear for soloing, but it can be something to try while you collect more sov.

- my current setup: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... ter/916277
With this you can use an excellent and versatile duelist/solo roamer like this:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4368,4367

Remember that with low armored targets (rdps) and healers like sham, zealots (who usually punt or stagger after your opener) you can always switch to BF, vindi, Crit, Flank, pop SoM after PW + BAL, disrupt their spells and get a big dmg boost to finish the job.

In addition, with this setup you get capped str with a +80 pot, a fair amount of HPs (around 8k), 0 chance to be crit with just 2 futile strikes (leaving enough renown points to max crit and parry): if sov procs and u slot the crit senti tali, you can reach 43%. There's an exquisite gunbad diamond mixed in the gear, so it might be a little expensive gold wise.

If you don't like procs, you can always run 3 senti (head, boots, jewel) and rest Sov for more wounds. OR 2 warlord (hat, boots) and rest sov.

Weapons: many choose bloodlord, or mix in Wit pistol, or Fortress weaps. I got everything but after extensive testing I still prefer 2x reverence (more wounds, nice AP, decent MP) and my duelist/blessed blades setup. Fortress stuff, imo, is not that good.

- Some fellow WHs like running 5 Warlord and rest Sov, for the autoattack and MP bonuses. You could spec BAL/Inqui with seal of destruction and try these tactics: BF, flanking, IF, crit. I tried that too: you deal a lot of dmg, but I still think that +2 Sov allows for a more versatile playstyle, is a great balance of offensive and defensive capabilities, and has more tools to face multiple enemies (duos).

Machiara

Post#4 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:47 am

Thanks so much! Sad that you have to do so much PvE to get BiS gear. :P