Recent Topics

Ads

Destro Fort siege

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
billyk

Re: Destro Fort siege

Post#21 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:50 am

Onigokko0101 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:29 am
Man if you listened to Order you would think they were constantly outnumbered, armed with only spoons and the only reason they ever win is their superior skills and intelligence.
This is pretty much how it is during EU time at least. Just look at SoR during an average day.

How to spot destro xrealmers: They zerg without plan. Because it works on destro. Then they get blown apart. Because mindless zerging doesn't work on order.
There's a reason destro dominates zerg heavy situations (eg. City, certain SCs, Orvr) and gets owned in situations where zerging is useless or even counter productive (eg. Thunder Valley).

Also destro whining when they have like 80% win rate is hilarious. I understand you want to keep your advantages but let's stay with the facts here.

Ads
Gurf

Post#22 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:54 am

You can try the Order tactic of "dry push", ie don't stand around for 10 minutes outside getting attacked just go in straight away. Fails sometimes if timed incorrectly, but works quite often

TreefAM

Post#23 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:28 am

Order drypush works because destro just doesn't have many rdps players so order can push through without tank m4.
Destro needs the tank m4 or everyone is going to melt the moment they go through the door, but it's just that, lack of ranged pressure on one side.
I had no problems running a order 12man (not a premade, people I never in my life played with before that moment) and we had no problem breaking the destro zerg and wining most of our engagements against larger numbers.
Good order guilds/groups are capable of wining fights, hell even I am while on a ruin IB, but you won't win ANYTHING if you advise players to RUN and AVOID fighting.
Lots of order people I respect for bouncing back after a wipe and trying a new angle with ambushes, flanks, hell the spanish Estalia guild gave me some fun in Black Crag few nights ago and they didn't just quit after wipe they continued fighting me and getting kills.
Last edited by GamesBond on Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't give a reason to lock the topic please. Focus on the suggestion/feedback.

billyk

Post#24 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:44 am

The problems have been known for years, some people just ignore them for some reason I can't quite understand.
Last edited by GamesBond on Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't give a reason to lock the topic please. Focus on the suggestion/feedback.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#25 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:59 am

TreefAM wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:28 am BIlly time over time I tell you to join a organized group and see what the game is like when you're not just mindlessly following the zerg from keep to keep.
billyk wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:44 am Yeah you keep telling me but why should I listen? You have no clue how2play and just regurgitate memes.
Please don't battle on suggestion/feedback threads, part of suggestions/discussions getting locked are people 1v1ing and driving topics out of their original path.

MMXX43

Post#26 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:17 pm

Acidic wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:44 am
M0rw47h wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:18 am
Acidic wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:04 am

To quote order in cities , nerf those that win regardless of reason, they won’t even fix the slayer m4 heal debuff hitting 24 , and if I remover right wargs comments , Summarized we follow city scores and fix accordingly , that was after it was clear that order were significantly solo queueing
I doubt any nerfs to rDPS will ever happen due to Forts, those classes are already weaker in smaller scale.
You can just take more rDPS yourself. Imho, the only good thing they can do is keep reducing numbers of people in forts, and give more invader medallions from oRvR to solve too much pew pew on doors.
Truth told doubt anything will get adjusted other than more nerf to des and subsequent even less Destro online ...
History shows this clearly , remember bw bombing and how long it was to do something, WL ... etc etc.
Moral dumping was fine when order was doing it, Opps des doing it.. nerf :)
No zergling , the problem was not morale dumping , it was Destro able to reach m4 under 30 secs WB scale and bomb wipe even the organized WBS.

martholomew

Post#27 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:31 pm

TreefAM wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:39 am Make a proper warband and get some rdps. Yeah it is harder to break through fort funnels as destro do to most of the dps being melee, but if you get a couple of sorcs and rift you can do wonders.
This.

Maybe if Destro guilds didn't shame their non-rift Magi and didn't literally all just play choppas and marauders and melee SH's, we wouldn't have this issue.
Magus 40/78

TreefAM

Post#28 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:36 pm

I tried to make a sorc/magus only wb in a fort once, had no luck and only got like 2 sorc 1 magus so had to fill the rest with mdps.
I guess this is something you need to make in the pre fort zone and roam with that, problem is, you won't manage to win many fights if you get too much pressure early with a full rdps warband.
A guildy of mine had a pug full of sorcs/magus and him as the only tank being focus healed and they managed to hold a fort easily with the absurd amount of aoe on the door.
Honestly I'm also to blame for this, I just can't fit a magus in a 12man roaming party, we just don't have the dps to bomb the rift spots. I can see it working in 24, but in 12 if you don't wipe the other side quick enough reinforcement will come and you'll be flanked.

Ads
Spellbound

Post#29 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:37 pm

Read all 3 pages and just typical destro/order Op/nerf and bickering. Surprised it isn’t locked. Is your comments to nerf casting from walls? Nerf engy? Order not giving time to build m4? Slayers m4 heal debuff Op just like zealot m4 heal debuff?

Last patch defenders have 80% numbers now and attackers can have 192 max. It’s going to be more difficult without proper composition and organization.

Gurf

Post#30 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:55 pm

How about MSH respec to range?