Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 02/10/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
starness88

Re: Patch Notes 02/10/2020

Post#51 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:56 pm

Hello dev, what is the counterpart for the nerf of Git To Da Choppa ?
The range has been nerf in a previous patch, now it's defendable and there is no more extra tick when interrupted. There is no trade it's just a nerf (as always with destro class) not a fix

In the other side slayer are doing what they want and you don't touch it.

That's not fair.

Ads
Noh

Post#52 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:22 pm

Why such difference?
marauder:
and slayer:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#53 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:44 pm

starness88 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:56 pm Hello dev, what is the counterpart for the nerf of Git To Da Choppa ?
The range has been nerf in a previous patch, now it's defendable and there is no more extra tick when interrupted. There is no trade it's just a nerf (as always with destro class) not a fix

In the other side slayer are doing what they want and you don't touch it.

That's not fair.
There isn't a a counterpart. Class balance isn't dependent on any kind of trade with the other realm, particularly when the ability being changed isn't a direct mirror, and occasionally if we feel mirrored abilities can be broken up due to overall viability of the class being changed. If you're sad the "other" realm didn't have something bad happen to it then you're focused on the wrong change.

GTDC range was changed because it didn't match animations which is something we do for any AOE. While the dev was looking at it they found why it was being flagged as undefendable and removed it, as that's never been intended or else it would have been in the tooltip to begin with.
Noh wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:22 pm Why such difference?
They're different classes.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Akalukz

Post#54 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:58 pm

months of GTDC is not even good (from destro) to OMG choppas are worthless now :)
-= Agony =-

gojiragwar

Post#55 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:12 pm

The Choppa is very good in its actual state, and deadly with a guard/healer, positionning etc.
This isn't really a nerf in this case, just a fix about the range, the extra tick and the undefendable, that had to come eventually.

It starts to be another story when you compare it to its (not fully) mirror class. Choppa class alone is perfect if you like this mechanic and live dangerously, but Slayers have more advantages, combos, and overall potential damage.

inrage

Post#56 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:13 pm

Noh wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:22 pm Why such difference?
marauder:
and slayer:

Oh :shock:

Gurf

Post#57 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:20 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:58 pm RIP Choppa
Burst is gone, undefendable damage is gone... the meme value remains.
Since the probability of devs buffing Choppa up to Slayer dmg pressure levels is close to 0, lets hope they will however consider nerfing Slayer downwards to Choppa levels.

As it is now, BW will easily outdmg Sorcs, Slayer will easily outdmg Choppas, with Mara and WL being equal more or less (mobility vs utility). Organized city warband encounters favour Order even more now, but since half of Order pugs wont even organize for cities I guess the overall city scores will still favour "organized" Destro vs all the soloqueueing rdps heroes that Order keeps stacking.

also very nice DW terrain change. Now only about dozen other keeps remain where people can easily walk to postern.
WL has had a succession of Nerfs including another today, nobody notice why there are half as many now in the lakes and there are Shaman everywhere? Mara got slight buff today, obviously Mara is better than WL now. Choppa still topping the damage charts today so it's still very good at its main job, GTDC has always been a toxic ability for the game, not sure it's even much of a nerf as you will stop giving tanks immunity and the range has increased so will still get the squishy targets.

starness88

Post#58 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:51 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:44 pm There isn't a a counterpart. Class balance isn't dependent on any kind of trade with the other realm, particularly when the ability being changed isn't a direct mirror, and occasionally if we feel mirrored abilities can be broken up due to overall viability of the class being changed. If you're sad the "other" realm didn't have something bad happen to it then you're focused on the wrong change.

GTDC range was changed because it didn't match animations which is something we do for any AOE. While the dev was looking at it they found why it was being flagged as undefendable and removed it, as that's never been intended or else it would have been in the tooltip to begin with.
Ok that was not on tooltip, but the fact that it was not defendable was not a big deal and was more situational.

Class are not mirrored, i agree but unless four class (Shadow warrior, squig herder, marauder, white lion) the others have mirrored archetype with the same mechanics and different abilities and they are supposed to be balanced. And I don't know why a stack of slayer have ten times more impact than a stack of choppas, but you still nerf Choppa (yeah i know it's not a nerf it's a "fix").

I don't understand what is the dev's vision of the balance of the game (or maybe cause classes are not supposed to be mirrored, the game is not supposed to be balanced) and their global vision of the PVP. You give different strength to order and destro and by the other side, you slowly nerf destro one.

Seriously, you should try to hold a position against organized order wb with slayer stack and bw (and i say hold position, not kill people in open field).

EDIT : maybe you can see this, I don't speak english very well and i'm sorry for this. I did my best and hope you will understand :)

Ads
Sundowner

Post#59 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Weren't destros saying GTDC was useless skill? Why whining now?

starness88

Post#60 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:04 pm

Sundowner wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:00 pm Weren't destros saying GTDC was useless skill? Why whining now?
I've read the thread when some order was tying to make it nerf or delete. And destro people said something like : "ok we prefer rampage, delete it and give us rampage."
No one ask to delete it or nerf it without any counterpart. I think you can understand the difference.