Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Senlui

Re: [FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

Post#41 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:48 pm

1. GENERAL:

- Do you consider this event better than the 1st and the 2nd?
I didn't joint the first one, but enjoyed it just as much as the second.

- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads?
Yes, the main rewards were offered far sooner.

- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions.
Certainly, it was a lot of fun and brought a buzz to the server.

- Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards?
The instructions were all very clear and helpful.

2. REWARDS:

- Did you get all the rewards that were mentioned on the rewards list?
No

- Were the guaranteed rewards fair (fixed hours rewards)?
I think so, yes

- Were the hours required for these rewards fair?
I believe so, yes.

- Did the RNG rewards drop often for you?
The RNG rolls were fairly regular during the first two days of streaming that I watched. However, one thing that I have experienced though is lack of RNG drops after acquiring the Mount Crate on Saturday. I had assumed that the rewards stopped coming after this point as I watched two streamers for another 18 hours since receiving the Mount Crate and had no RNG drops whatsoever. I enjoyed viewing, regardless so didn't stop supporting the event. A few other players that I had asked about this also reported experiencing the same thing so we assumed it was just how it was meant to be.

- Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours.
Either is fine, I am grateful for these drops either way.

3. QUESTS

- Are the quests challenging enough?
I would say the quest to complete 30 scenarios was too challenging - only because scenarios were barely popping for me over the weekend. I would get one every hour or so, sometimes having to wait an hour and a half (I'm lvl 40 btw, I'd almost expect this in the lower level brackets). And it seemed not many people were eager on grouping up to kill the Bosses.

- Are the quests' rewards fair?
They're generous

- Can the quests be more competitive?
Only if the challenges are easier to attain, for example instead of complete 30 scenarios - kill 20 White Lions. A personal goal that you can achieve whether in scenarios or RVR. Just a suggestion...

4. STREAMERS

- Have you watched more than one streamer?
Yes, I spent a few hours watching two streamers, and it was a lot of fun. I also followed a third streamer early in the morning, whilst the other two were offline.

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names here)?
Not at all, they were most entertaining

- Do you think you're more inclined to watch RoR streamers after this event?
Yes

Ads
adzcriz

Post#42 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:31 pm

Ok, so I'm new here, only a few weeks, I played on live but I had no idea this existed, Twitch drops from a newbie perspective;

1. GENERAL:

- Do you consider this event better than the 1st and the 2nd? Unable to comment

- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads? Unable to comment

- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions. Actually i find it better to be a more regular event from my experience of other games like World of warships, they simply tweaked the drop rate and ensured rewards were not overpowered, perhaps something similar here is in order, as in keep it up once a month or more but with reduced rewards, and keep it cosmetic or not a significant advantage, IE Dyes, potions, cosmetic armours and say small bags of gold drops etc. This would probably encourage streamer audiences also, it encouraged me, but im not one for watching much streams for the sake of it, i prefer to play, there are exceptions to that, rewards enticed me to check them out, continued would entice me to keep checking them out

- Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards?

2. REWARDS:

- Did you get all the rewards that were mentioned on the rewards list? not all, but a fair few

- Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours. i think both have their place, fixed rewards are good but so are RNG, its like a free raffle, keeps you watching for the chance of a drop

3. QUESTS

4. STREAMERS

- Have you watched more than one streamer? yes i watched 4

- Do you think you're more inclined to watch RoR streamers after this event? maybe, again its not really something i do for other games either, but if there are incentives, probably, i only watch WoWS streamers for the twitch drops (except daniel russev, he's hilarious)

razor392

Post#43 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:22 pm

Albeit this is my first twitch drop event on RoR, it is not however, my first drop event for twitch drops. I watched several different streamers whilst playing. As well as, watching them while delving into other games. Not once did i receive a drop. I'm not complaining as i am extremely happy someone mentioned this game still lived. I missed rvr soooo much.

However, my feedback is still valid. before anyone asks, yes my account is linked. I linked it late evening on 10/2, watched all weekend, and still nothing. If someone has any idea as to how this happened please let me know.

Halbeard

Post#44 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:48 pm

1. GENERAL:

I wasn't playing at that time

- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads?
I wasn't playing at that time, but other people mentioned that was the case!

- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions.
Absolutely fair, but the more the merrier!

I was a little uncertain about what some prizes were and what their character requirements were, even after looking for answers.

2. REWARDS:

I think I did, aside from the "crate of mounts"

I thought so!

I thought it hit the perfect balance, since most of us are listening or watching other media while playing the game, having a stream on fit perfectly!

Yes

- Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours.
Either is fine

3. QUESTS

I was too low level to do them :\

4. STREAMERS

I did!

None at all

Absolutely, they were extremely helpful and informative about the game!

BrutalWyrm

Post#45 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:50 pm

1. GENERAL:

I wasnt around for the first two

same as previous answer

I'm very new but from what I can tell this has been a great help and I'm sure many enjoy the activity as much as I did.

You all made it very clear what was going to drop and how it dropped, so I cant say there was any confusion at all on any part. Guaranteed drops and how the random drop system worked were clear

2. REWARDS:

No

maybe even generous, but again I'm new so the gold I accumulated is a lot for me

Very, considering it was a 3 day event and you didnt even have to actively watch any given streamer

there were some times I didnt get any then suddenly 2 over the span of 15 minutes. I mean it's RNG so I'm content with any outcome.

RNG rewards are more fun in my opinion. sure you might not get everything (or even anything!) but I prefer it to just getting the same thing everyone else has (rare rewards just being guaranteed seems boring in my opinion rare stuff is standard mmo flavor! on that note perhaps a larger pool of rare items which equally low drop rates to add variety?)

3. QUESTS

Considering the time you have to do them, I'd say they're very accessible

I found them pretty useful. Some of it is very high level so I wont have access to it for a while but I like that there's something for everyone in the event and it gives me something to look forward to using later

Sure, why not? more stuff to do, more people to fight. bring it on

4. STREAMERS

Yes

Nah, everyone was chill and enjoyable

watching one right now

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#46 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:17 am

bpcook428 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:48 pm Free stuff! What's not to love?

I was curious though....
First day I got about 18 drops. Next day maybe 5 and last day maybe 1-2.

Is there a way to spread the love? Or have a base number of drops for each day vs reduced number each day?

Just a thought.
It's pure RNG, the almighty system decides whether you're lucky enough to get 18 rewards on day 1, to get them on day 3 or to not get them at all ^_^

I'll surely check and reply to other feedback threads tomorrow. Good to see the majority is satisfied.

RathBrand

Post#47 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:19 am

I've really enjoyed the last two twitch drop events. Gives great exposure to the game and rewards those of us playing. Not sure what I would improve other than some of the descriptions/names of items so we send the right items to the character that would benefit the most. Honestly, you guys have done a much better job with twitch drops than a lot of other games, including one major mmorpg that recently had you watch streams for an unspecified amount of time and have to check the next day to see if you got any drop.

scarybatch

Post#48 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:24 am

Overall I thought it went well and felt the drops were much better. My only slight bit of input would be on the claim page maybe either add some divider lines separating characters or a confirmation option to make sure you're sending the item to the correct character.

Really enjoy these events. Keep up the great work team.

Ads
Fivehouse

Post#49 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 am

Senlui wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:48 pm ...
2. REWARDS:

No
The RNG rolls were fairly regular during the first two days of streaming that I watched. However, one thing that I have experienced though is lack of RNG drops after acquiring the Mount Crate on Saturday. I had assumed that the rewards stopped coming after this point as I watched two streamers for another 18 hours since receiving the Mount Crate and had no RNG drops whatsoever. I enjoyed viewing, regardless so didn't stop supporting the event. A few other players that I had asked about this also reported experiencing the same thing so we assumed it was just how it was meant to be.

Same here. Again I did not get the goggles.

And on Sunday - after getting mount and pet on Saturday - I got pretty much nothing.

dainhuston1

Post#50 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:29 am

I enjoyed the frequency of the drops and helpfulness of the items! I got most of the guaranteed drops and some of the RNG ones! I am apart of the still don’t have goggles club!

I would like to see permanent items too more than a pet, things like the Skeleton transform item.

More cosmetics than just the goggles would also be a huge plus!

So I don’t think I’m the only one here but my mount is apart of my character! I love mounts, and I love mounts even more that I could keep. For example using the mounts you can purchase for guild coins that decay. Maybe offering them as permanent! Or the unique mounts we get as drops allowing them to be permanent. I don’t want to loose my dragon, I didn’t want to loose my Khorne dog!

Overall though it was honestly the best drops I’ve been a part of!