Recent Topics

Ads

What justifies this ?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Deaves

What justifies this ?

Post#1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:19 am

Hey'all ! hope the lot of u's havin a great day !

I was looking over mastery ability's of alot of classes and mirrors and came across the Slayer/Choppa once called Keep on Choppi'n and Rampage, Im sure most of u know what they are doin but ill type it out,

Choppa one is a 20 sec CD with the base tooltip dmg of 131(with only lvl 40 stats) and costs 25AP and the effect restores a 100AP witch adds to an effective 75AP and it removes ur berserk stage, no alternative effect if ur red or yellow.

Slayer one is a 30 sec CD with no dmg attached to it, but it has 2 effects depending on ur class mechanic state, yellow means 10 seconds of undefended attacks and red equals 20 sec of the same effect.

at this point i see no value in the choppa one if u compare it to the slayer ability, even if u would consider smallscale or 1v1 slayer one is much more value, and if u bring it to aoe or large scale combat its not even on the same map..

Im curious to see if there are more ability's that maybe justifying those HUGE differences and might be the explanation for this :) rly happy to learn more and see ur options on this !

thanks for reading this and keep slayin ! !

here are 2 images of each ability

https://imgur.com/YDBY18O
https://imgur.com/pPhj20O

Ads
Jabba

Re: What justifies this ?

Post#2 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:31 am

It only gives you 20 seconds if you trigger it while in yellow. It's 10 seconds if you trigger it from red.

So you have to drop rage, build to yellow then trigger rampage and drop rage again, then wait to build back up to red again to get the full effect of it.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

StrongUn

Post#3 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:37 am

20 seconds duration if you use it being Yellow
10 seconds duration if you use it being Red
30 seconds CD

Deaves

Post#4 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:41 am

oh ! okey so its stronger when in yellow then, that makes sense cuz most exhausts are stronger when in yellow, some are not affected tho

thanks for the correction !

oaliaen

Post#5 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Would be very funny if they buffed rampage based in this theory....

carlos

Post#6 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:38 pm

You could make this comparison with every single class. As for now, destro is ahead in every aspects but 2 (rampage for slayers and funnel power for fireclowns). All other scenarios, i would state is favorable for destro (even after morale change).
Starfkr

Rapzel

Post#7 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:57 pm

carlos wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:38 pm You could make this comparison with every single class. As for now, destro is ahead in every aspects but 2 (rampage for slayers and funnel power for fireclowns). All other scenarios, i would state is favorable for destro (even after morale change).
From a WB perspective.
Wind block is gone. RP is slowly and steadily climbing ahead of zealot in utility.
Marauder damage is in line with WL when it comes to AoE, has some nice debuffs and utility but lacks mobility.
SH Vs. SW is a wash where one is melee the other is ranged.
Choppa was weaker than Slayer, last change made choppa into a meme, utterly useless career atm.
KotBS out-classes chosen in every department except when it comes to damage output.
SM has more utility than BO atm making SM better.
IB is a bit better than BG atm in wbs, at least when it comes to SnB specs. (Ap and buffs mainly)
BW out-classes sorc in WBs easily.

Magi do more damage than Engis, but neither of the careers are prio one in any wbs tbh, engi instead brings a little bit more utility (cannon smash/keg/corp debuff) but neither career is over the top, both have their own strengths. The strength is in the hands of the player not career.

WE/WH, WE wins in any group play IMHO.

WP/DoK WP is the stronger healer, DoK has M2 cleanse and better auras (Utility). Don't think there's a huge imbalance between the careers rarely see people whine about why is WP>DoK or other way around except when it comes to DPS.

Shaman/AM, shaman easier to use utility and better survivability, AM more heal and the better debuff. Both are needed for puddle. AM 0.5 cast increaser is also really strong. Shaman might have the edge though because survivability and easier to use morale pump. Quite sad to see the careers as healers almost die once again because of the morale nerf, but it is what it is.

Does destro have a wider array of careers that are great in 6 man? Yes I would say destro have more overtuned careers for small scale than order atm.
WB? Order smashes every thing atm, you don't think there's a reason why Altdorf was at 5* for almost a week?

Destro has more melee and used to have better "WB melee" (nothing came close to slayer but that was the only really functional order melee dps as well).
As destro "melee ball" (can't play this way on destro anyway because LUL slayers) keeps getting nerfed, ranged will need to take their spots but the issue is, destro doesn't have the "ranged Slayer" to counter orders better "WB ranged".

We're in month 6 of almost constant order zerg to IC, it's one of the longest zergs this server has seen. (Destro zerg time has been increased from 2 hrs to 5 hrs a day though).
Three forts active yesterday with 0 wins for destro, and there was quite a few destro premades actually trying.

With the change to choppa I hope the next career to get gutted is engi, because even though Magus is stronger, you see so many more engis than magi, and it just makes as much sense as nerfing choppa and not touching Slayers.

carlos

Post#8 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:22 pm

Rapzel wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:57 pm
carlos wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:38 pm You could make this comparison with every single class. As for now, destro is ahead in every aspects but 2 (rampage for slayers and funnel power for fireclowns). All other scenarios, i would state is favorable for destro (even after morale change).
From a WB perspective.
Wind block is gone. RP is slowly and steadily climbing ahead of zealot in utility.
Marauder damage is in line with WL when it comes to AoE, has some nice debuffs and utility but lacks mobility.
Choppa was weaker than Slayer, last change made choppa into a meme, utterly useless career atm.
KotBS out-classes chosen in every department except when it comes to damage output.
IB is a bit better than BG atm in wbs, at least when it comes to SnB specs. (Ap and buffs mainly)

Magi do more damage than Engis, but neither of the careers are prio one in any wbs tbh, engi instead brings a little bit more utility (cannon smash/keg/corp debuff) but neither career is over the top, both have their own strengths. The strength is in the hands of the player not career.

WP/DoK WP is the stronger healer, DoK has M2 cleanse and better auras (Utility). Don't think there's a huge imbalance between the careers rarely see people whine about why is WP>DoK or other way around except when it comes to DPS.

Shaman/AM, shaman easier to use utility and better survivability, AM more heal and the better debuff. Both are needed for puddle. AM 0.5 cast increaser is also really strong. Shaman might have the edge though because survivability and easier to use morale pump. Quite sad to see the careers as healers almost die once again because of the morale nerf, but it is what it is.

Does destro have a wider array of careers that are great in 6 man? Yes I would say destro have more overtuned careers for small scale than order atm.
WB? Order smashes every thing atm, you don't think there's a reason why Altdorf was at 5* for almost a week?

Destro has more melee and used to have better "WB melee" (nothing came close to slayer but that was the only really functional order melee dps as well).
As destro "melee ball" (can't play this way on destro anyway because LUL slayers) keeps getting nerfed, ranged will need to take their spots but the issue is, destro doesn't have the "ranged Slayer" to counter orders better "WB ranged".

We're in month 6 of almost constant order zerg to IC, it's one of the longest zergs this server has seen. (Destro zerg time has been increased from 2 hrs to 5 hrs a day though).
Three forts active yesterday with 0 wins for destro, and there was quite a few destro premades actually trying.

With the change to choppa I hope the next career to get gutted is engi, because even though Magus is stronger, you see so many more engis than magi, and it just makes as much sense as nerfing choppa and not touching Slayers.
Would be great if the bias wouldn't shine through so bright... because leaving out that destro got incoming heal debuff on chosen while order got outgoing is pretty much the only thing that have to be said about that.

The old myth about order having higher flat dmd output is very few who still believe in, while having incoming heal debuff, more and better cc, self pump and earlier usable morale drain is too much.

When one faction got self pump without even have to actually participating in the actual fight (except the obvious, to get "into combat"), i don't think that anyone sane would argue the differ but i'm sure i will be proven wrong in this regard.
Starfkr

Ads
Rapzel

Post#9 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:20 pm

carlos wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:22 pm
From a WB perspective.

Would be great if the bias wouldn't shine through so bright... because leaving out that destro got incoming heal debuff on chosen while order got outgoing is pretty much the only thing that have to be said about that.

The old myth about order having higher flat dmd output is very few who still believe in, while having incoming heal debuff, more and better cc, self pump and earlier usable morale drain is too much.

When one faction got self pump without even have to actually participating in the actual fight (except the obvious, to get "into combat"), i don't think that anyone sane would argue the differ but i'm sure i will be proven wrong in this regard.
And you think 25% healdebuff non stacking
and a wounds debuff makes up for vigilance, block, crit for group, aoe snare and increased healing that does stack?
You're among the select few that think chosen is better than KotBS in that case.

Close bond? Or is summoning pet too hard for you?
I know no one runs it because it's bad but that's not the tactics fault it's the fact that morale bomb got nerfed and loner is now the build for WB lion, get into 2020.
Game was full of mSH before morale nerf now there's a handful, what do you think happened?

But good job providing proof of my bias by saying mSH self pump is OP and that type of self pump is only available to destro.

Bout as smart as IF I would call you out on order bias because WL has pet and mara doesn't.

Oh and WL has out going healdebuff mSH zero healdebuffs, must make WL much more OP than mSH with your logic.

Deaves

Post#10 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:24 pm

From a WB perspective.

very nice information ! gives me a little more understaning over the difference in these abilitys.

i think its kinda cool that its not total mirrors, i like the idea of "facrion driven spells/abilitys" it boosts the lore of the game !