Recent Topics

Ads

Which classes are currently meta?

Let's talk about... everything else
sgtnanners

Re: Which classes are currently meta?

Post#31 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:11 am

Seravajan wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:42 pm Ok. Which meta class to choose if I want to play a ranged DPS on both sides.
The most desired rdps class is bw/sorc
84 Sorc
82 Squig Herder
7x Shaman
7x Ironbreaker

Ads
Robzkull

Post#32 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:40 am

Imho.

Solo tier list.

By solo i mean u build ur class for SOLO ROAM and are looking for 1v1 or 1v2+ (not honorable duels only but also ur not trying to zerg surf only)

1) dps am
2) dps shammy
3) Regen WE
4) Regen Spirit chosen / IB / BG
5) SW - aSW
5) rest of solo build geared tanks
6) rest of the plebs (WH is solid but not good enought to face other solo roamers, solo build mara is solid, WL/slayers can do well when geared and have brain...)

Obv this is not rock paper scissor and RoR is mostly zerg clownfiesta so anything can happen rly, but top 4 classes are overtuned for solo cuz they can afford to go more defensive doing good damage while other classes cant do it or they cant deal with their **** - like cleansing dots, regenerating hp ect.

Seravajan

Post#33 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:52 am

sgtnanners wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:11 am
Seravajan wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:42 pm Ok. Which meta class to choose if I want to play a ranged DPS on both sides.
The most desired rdps class is bw/sorc
I play a sorc on destru side but I feel so underwhelming, so crappy. What makes a sorc to be desired? What is so bad on the other ranged DPS on both sides?

sgtnanners

Post#34 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:03 am

it shouldnt feel underwhelming even at lower rr. Sorc/Bw are one of the few classes that can blow people up while they have guard/heals. Thats really what I think other rdps lack. Sorc is all about the nuke and aoe dmg whereas rsh and magus are more well rounded with utility. I don't know a lot about magus but for rsh the burst potential is a lot lower because physical mitigation. But what rsh and magus give up in damage, they get back in abilities such as pulls, escapes, pets etc... The problem is these things arent very useful in city/wb setting.
84 Sorc
82 Squig Herder
7x Shaman
7x Ironbreaker

Seravajan

Post#35 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:50 am

My sorcs feels so underwhelming because most spells got absorbed, blocked, mitigated, disrupted and so on. And that what is hitting looks so low. OK. My sorc is still level 22 and probably is still missing a lot of stuff.

kmark101

Post#36 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:07 am

Seravajan wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:50 am My sorcs feels so underwhelming because most spells got absorbed, blocked, mitigated, disrupted and so on. And that what is hitting looks so low. OK. My sorc is still level 22 and probably is still missing a lot of stuff.
Make sure you wear a gear piece in every gear slot and have a talisman in every gear socket (even low level crappy talismans are ok, like +5 or +7 Intelligence ones), bolster will take care of the rest and suddenly you will hit very hard. I don't know your character but I'd bet anything that you have empty talisman slots and because of that your bolster is very weak, hence you hit very weak.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Lyability

Post#37 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:56 am

kmark101 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:07 am
Seravajan wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:50 am My sorcs feels so underwhelming because most spells got absorbed, blocked, mitigated, disrupted and so on. And that what is hitting looks so low. OK. My sorc is still level 22 and probably is still missing a lot of stuff.
Make sure you wear a gear piece in every gear slot and have a talisman in every gear socket (even low level crappy talismans are ok, like +5 or +7 Intelligence ones), bolster will take care of the rest and suddenly you will hit very hard. I don't know your character but I'd bet anything that you have empty talisman slots and because of that your bolster is very weak, hence you hit very weak.
All of my characters have empty tali slots. Why? Because I'm a new player and I can't twink my alts. I don't have pots either, can't afford them.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#38 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:14 am

Your main targets are the enemy dps => tanks and healers have a high disrupt rate...
Stay in backline and try to focus in the enemy mdps in their frontline.

Try to get the best gear for yor level => with medallions/emblems can buy armor sets in IC. Also can buy green jewels/cloak from rvr vendors (bought by money).
Make some scenarios and buy the staff from emblem vendor
Slot talismans (inteligence/wounds) in any armor/weapon you use
Try to get some intelligence potions for your level
Spend your mastery points when level => the most points trained in 1 tree = most dmg for the spells of that tree
Spend your RR points when gained => get offensive or defensive stuff (skill poitns untrained hive you cero benefits)
Look at the build/tactics you are using => maybe check for some builds in forum

with all these points the bolster will buff you to decent levels => anyways dont spect uber dmg Vs top players

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#39 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:20 am

Lyability wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:56 am
kmark101 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:07 am
All of my characters have empty tali slots. Why? Because I'm a new player and I can't twink my alts. I don't have pots either, can't afford them.

Low level green quality talismans are really cheap...probably if you ask in chat you will get some for free, ppl only craft that ones to level proffesions...
Low level pots are more "rare" to find but probably not much expensive.

farm money in this game is so easy => get the travel quests from t2-t3-t4 warcamps, are so easy and give a nice amount of money. also get the kill quests.

Disael

Post#40 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:31 am

Lyability wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:56 am All of my characters have empty tali slots. Why? Because I'm a new player and I can't twink my alts. I don't have pots either, can't afford them.
Potions for low to mid levels are not that common, as the buff ones tend to be made only with basic mats for leveling, therefore last only 5 minutes. Potion buffs do not affect the bolster effect anyway.

You need like 5 -8 Talismans by level 20 and another 5-10 till level 30. The cheap, yet still useful greens cost between 10s and 50s a piece so overall something in the range of 5-10 Gold total.
If you can not afford that during leveling, chances are you spend your income elsewhere (like leveling salvaging).

The game sadly does a bad job at explaining to new players that slotting talismans is an essential thing to do. I guess that is why so many complain about how bad it feels after level 16. Maybe we could get the devs to include a sort of T2 Tutorialscreen or even play an explanation video ingame