Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
DirkDaring

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Post#21 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:33 am

when forts were first added you had to be lvl 40 to enter, but back then the population was lower, we had only 1k players , as a lot had left from the 1400 , so at one point they removed the lvl 40 requirement to enter fort .

Fast foward to now , and the population is over 3k but we still have low lvls able to take a slot in the fort , just yesterday i was on a lvl 17 alt, and received a resv for fort, but i didnt take it and dropped so someone else could get in.

Now that the population is so high, maybe they should reinstate the lvl 40/40 req to enter forts, i rarely even do forts anymore ive done maybe 3 forts in the last year, but now with a healthy population, there's no need for lvl 16 or so in the fort, instead of a lvl 40 that has most of their abilities.

Ads
grease

Post#22 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:42 am

FORT CHANGES

thank you so much, most of the high rr players and myself in my guild have stopped doing forts because frankly its not worth it. so yea this is great.

Ysaran

Post#23 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:10 am

The weekend warfront SC still 6v6? Or you increased the number to 12v12
Zputadenti

nocturnalguest

Post#24 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Whats the problem with warfront being 6v6? I do believe its actually a great feature for warfront. Hope it will be done so again in the future.
There is no bolster in midtier tho, so if you have r39 and need some snaps of soloing 6 ppl of rank ~20' here is your chance.

Kaelang

Post#25 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:09 pm

Bolster will be fixed in this restart along with some punt changes exclusive to Eternal Citadel.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Acidic

Post#26 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:17 pm

Kaelang wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:09 pm Bolster will be fixed in this restart along with some punt changes exclusive to Eternal Citadel.
Have you chained Dalen in a basement to fix stuff

BTW nice to see the “on your guard change”

CountTalabecland

Post#27 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:20 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:43 pm Whats the problem with warfront being 6v6? I do believe its actually a great feature for warfront. Hope it will be done so again in the future.
There is no bolster in midtier tho, so if you have r39 and need some snaps of soloing 6 ppl of rank ~20' here is your chance.
Ah that explains it, I was on my Choppa and was very confused as to why SW was suddenly good. Glad to know the world is still as it should be.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Valkeera

Post#28 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:24 pm

Kazus wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:12 pm
Silverbow100 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:06 pm Do you guys enjoy the lagfest of 300 players in fort? I sure don't. The less players, the less lag, and hopefully a tad bit more balanced
No, but I enjoy getting rewarded for the effort I put in to push a zone. I don’t like spending more time than other people pushing and defending and have them get a reservation after joining last 10 minutes (healers, tanks getting priority). I need Invaders for my toons as well.

If they decreased the numbers to 100/80 and have multiple instances of the Fort when there are a lot of people in queue, I think it would be ideal. I doubt that will happen though.
I'd suggest that ALL people who push (i.e. win) the final zone toward the fort, regardless if they got reservation or not, be rewarded with 1 Invader medallion automatically, if they have high enough RR. That could be considered as "rewarding" for contribution, without devaluating the Inv medallions too much.

Ads
Kazus

Post#29 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:33 pm

Valkeera wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:24 pm
Kazus wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:12 pm
Silverbow100 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:06 pm Do you guys enjoy the lagfest of 300 players in fort? I sure don't. The less players, the less lag, and hopefully a tad bit more balanced
No, but I enjoy getting rewarded for the effort I put in to push a zone. I don’t like spending more time than other people pushing and defending and have them get a reservation after joining last 10 minutes (healers, tanks getting priority). I need Invaders for my toons as well.

If they decreased the numbers to 100/80 and have multiple instances of the Fort when there are a lot of people in queue, I think it would be ideal. I doubt that will happen though.
I'd suggest that ALL people who push (i.e. win) the final zone toward the fort, regardless if they got reservation or not, be rewarded with 1 Invader medallion automatically, if they have high enough RR. That could be considered as "rewarding" for contribution, without devaluating the Inv medallions too much.
This is a good idea. Can even take one away from the actual Fort to make up for it (if the devs think it’s too rewarding). It would also encourage people to push the final zone instead of just Fort logging.

ChicagoJoe

Post#30 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:04 pm

Can a developer explain the reduced fort population?

If it is to make fortress rewards more exclusive and encourage that people spend more time in a zone to get contribution you will have people more sore for being locked out who have participated. I am not sure how that helps keep people involved from an interest perspective. I think this is going to hurt ROR population, which is a bad thing.

If it is to help destro flip fortresses I don't think a population reduction will help if the ratio is the same. The same ratio with reduced, higher RR numbers means that destro will more likely meet better resistance in a fortress. They are more likely to have organized defenses. The impact of 2 organized warbands is much more in a smaller population from a defensive situation. So I think this is a lose lose decision.

I'd bet against this helping destro "win" fortresses. Just my own experience, but the previous fortress pop reductions have only helped with lag and FPS which quite honestly benefited attackers not defenders. I've seen destro lose even more with smaller fortress pop.

I think it is better to look at the 80% defender ratio and make it 75% or less.

Another idea to keep interest of player base, WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN A PVP GAME, is to create multiple fortress instances, if possible. Maybe by rr or warband groupings. Again, players are the most important thing in a PVP game. We shouldn't be worried about AFK or light contribution as those folks are probably short term population. Who cares if they get in and get rewards if they are playing. Maybe they get hooked and they stay and become more serious and we benefit from their ongoing interest.

I am for fortress outcome changes. I think it must suck to lose multiple times in fortress pushes. Order has a similar issue with citys. In any case there are multiple reasons for each group fails. I totally feel for destro fails at fortresses and order fails in city. Balance needs to be tweaked but there are inherent differences in not only realm class mixture but class synergies for fortress defenses and city combat which benefit either side.

Please rethink the pop reductions or offset the lower fortress pop with a global contribution reward (with some minimum contribution threshold). If you are trying to help the destro fortress push work on the ratio.
Last edited by ChicagoJoe on Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.