Recent Topics

Ads

Make Pug SC second Event Sc every week

Let's talk about... everything else
Toshutkidup

Re: Make Pug SC second Event Sc every week

Post#41 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:49 am

I’ve accepted that my solo play preference is a hinderance in many aspects in this game. If you want to solo, unfortunately you will need to accept that fate as I have for almost 4 years of playing solo and still playing mostly solo. It’s a struggle and will not really become easier for you. That being said they have made some improvements for solo players, like AAO not negatively affecting renown gained, crests in bags green and higher.so it’s not all bad.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
adzcriz

Post#42 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:11 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:26 am
Finblast wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:32 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 pm Stop playing solo. You can join a group of people and play better. That's the natural progression of the game.

If you just want to pug and chill, there's a dedicated pug scenario for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
That won't solve the problem of unfair matches, I don't want to play in a premade that stomps the opposite side 95% of the time. I want good and even matches, where you actually have to use your skills to win.
It's not intended to solve the "problem" of unfair matches. If you end up in an "unfair" match, then do what is available to you in order to make the next match more in your favor. If other people are able to form groups and find a meta that wins more often then not, then so can you. If you fail to do so, then it's your own fault for continuing to lose without putting forth the effort. This isn't a PvE matchup where you're intended to win 50% of the time. It's a PvP battle where the better prepared and organized side should be winning 95% of the time. If you don't feel like putting up a matching effort with the real human players on the other side of the match, don't expect the systems in place to do it for you, and also, expect to lose frequently until you wise up and try a bit harder.
Still think what you said in discord is a good idea. Make normal queue group only and leave the one pug SC for pugs. It also proves that SC's are designed for premade groups and organisation, otherwise it just shows that SC's are just there to let groups faceroll farm emblems.
Cykosis - Zealot ~ Resident Psychotic Healer

hammerhead

Post#43 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:46 am

This game severely punishes those who try to stroke the way everything is planned against the grain. On the other hand, if anyone who has played solo in a game with strict role-playing differentiation knows that there is a special taste of luck when you run into the same group of disorganized opponents. As a rule, such fights leave pleasant and strong sensations, since instead of a general collective skill, you have to squeeze 101% out of your class, despite the disparities in the group. I don’t think it’s worth a heavy punishment, but I don’t want to turn the game into another SWTOR or GW2, which looks more like an indistinguishable salad.

I have an idea how to make a special reservation for solo players. You just need to remove the kill in the Pug scenarios. No kills, no rr points, no medals and no motivation for people organized in discord to enter. After receiving fatal damage, the player is incapacitated for a minute (such a prolonged knockdown), the healer can raise him to his feet with the same skill as resurrection. Or he will wake up in the same place where he fell(if you didn't want to release). The only chance to win is to play objectively and perform a scenario quest. Such a training base.
(\|)o0(|/)

geezereur

Post#44 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:13 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:49 am I’ve accepted that my solo play preference is a hinderance in many aspects in this game. If you want to solo, unfortunately you will need to accept that fate as I have for almost 4 years of playing solo and still playing mostly solo. It’s a struggle and will not really become easier for you. That being said they have made some improvements for solo players, like AAO not negatively affecting renown gained, crests in bags green and higher.so it’s not all bad.
True and also you can join other scs yes you would not get the bonus but who cares just have fun.

Butterqwist

Post#45 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:57 pm

My problem is not that I often loose (play to rarely to join guild etc) it is that I get ZERO reward for even trying... If I win a sc i get tousand something RR and if I loose (even thought I have healed loads, healer zelot) I get like 0-15 rr...

That makes sc supremly boring for me. Its either win or a complete waste of time and fun and after each SC i rember why I play this game so rarely :D

terrorsauce

Post#46 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:09 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 pm Stop playing.
That's all people see from this response. Ive played 1 week of this server and this event is the worst thing I have experienced so far. If this is the attitude of the devs, there really isnt much reason to continue.

See I get that PuG vs Premade is hard. I get that. I like the challenge. I dont mind losing in a pug versus premade IF THE GAME AT LEAST GIVES YOU A CHANCE. A PuG implies a "group." What you get on order is just random classes thrown into a gauntlet of Destro premades with 2-3 healers and you get....4 Ironbreakers, an Engineer and a KoTBS. This isnt just once. I think the last 10 order EC queues I have had there was literally zero healers.

Im sorry but you have got to be out of your mind to want to queue into EC as order without a premade. Its not fun, and not worth your time.

lyncher12

Post#47 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:05 pm

terrorsauce wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:09 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 pm Stop playing.
That's all people see from this response. Ive played 1 week of this server and this event is the worst thing I have experienced so far. If this is the attitude of the devs, there really isnt much reason to continue.

See I get that PuG vs Premade is hard. I get that. I like the challenge. I dont mind losing in a pug versus premade IF THE GAME AT LEAST GIVES YOU A CHANCE. A PuG implies a "group." What you get on order is just random classes thrown into a gauntlet of Destro premades with 2-3 healers and you get....4 Ironbreakers, an Engineer and a KoTBS. This isnt just once. I think the last 10 order EC queues I have had there was literally zero healers.

Im sorry but you have got to be out of your mind to want to queue into EC as order without a premade. Its not fun, and not worth your time.
I'm confused what you are even arguing for here. If you have a **** setup in any game vs a good setup you aren't going to win unless there is severe incompetence from the other side.

Martok

Post#48 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:15 pm

Roids wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:46 pmIt would be just great if something like a second Event SC for Pugs would be possible.

This would solve nothing. Premades would simply farm the PUG SC by queing in parties of two.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#49 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:21 pm

I feel compelled to once again point out that the excuse of 'join a group' or 'join a guild' or 'make friends' or anything similar is impossible to accomplish if you don't play a meta class and meta spec.

You will not get into a group or guild if you play a witch hunter, unless you personally know the people who run it outside the game.
You will not get into a group or guild if you play a DPS WP, unless you personally know the people who run it outside the game.

And before someone says it, no, your anecdotal personal experience of having a non-meta class/spec in a premade/guild does not count because you are not representative of the playerbase as a whole; you are the exception, not the rule.

So essentially anyone telling you this is actually telling you to just reroll.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#50 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Mystry wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:21 pm I feel compelled to once again point out that the excuse of 'join a group' or 'join a guild' or 'make friends' or anything similar is impossible to accomplish if you don't play a meta class and meta spec.

You will not get into a group or guild if you play a witch hunter, unless you personally know the people who run it outside the game.
You will not get into a group or guild if you play a DPS WP, unless you personally know the people who run it outside the game.

And before someone says it, no, your anecdotal personal experience of having a non-meta class/spec in a premade/guild does not count because you are not representative of the playerbase as a whole; you are the exception, not the rule.

So essentially anyone telling you this is actually telling you to just reroll.
I recommend making friends. It's challenging for some people, surely easier than consistently winning PuG matches. If you're completely unable to make friends who will give your non-meta class a chance then you have much bigger problems in life. Alternative, if you play your non-meta pick like garbage then you're probably not gonna get many chances to play it in a group. Slight nuance over being told to reroll. But hey, if you don't have the skills to make a non-meta class shine, then yeah, you probably should reroll to something easier or higher up the meta tier list so you can at least fake your way into groups that don't know how bad you are. Theoretically of course.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog