Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Allbback

Re: Marauder questions, thoughts and hopes

Post#31 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:07 am

if u want run solo u can do 5def sov /3off sov and go savage tree and brut tree :) if u want run with team u can go 5warlord/3off sov crazy melee power and healer will keep you alive :D
and last thing i want savage tree thunder blow can back to 5skill point XD that's all i want to say
84Mara ABCD

Ads
wildwindblows

Post#32 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:09 am

Kalt wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:40 am
wildwindblows wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 am
palindrom wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:08 am
Seems like problem is with your marauder particulary.
Shaq, even brut mara cannot hit like dps chosen and dps bo. I think best small scale/ranked sc mara build is sav/brut. Full brut mara is not usefull in ranked sc's.
You are wrong.
As i already mention , with numbers , you have a much much better burst than any offensive tank in brutality build.
Sounds like a l2p issue for me

Brut marauder can pull a 5k burst in a 2 second timespan , no tank can do this in the game right now. The same goes for a savagery brut build as long as you know how to stance dance properly.

Brutality is extremely valuable in ranked as long as you have either a BO with waaaagh , a choppa in assist or an offensive BG .
And if you queue solo , then use Sav/Brut to bring an hd , an armor debuff , a wound debuff and a good burst.
This is a teamplay game , and you're not going to win the ranked alone.
You are right but this is a teamplay game for destro side. Destro cannot provide proper brust compared to order side.

wildwindblows

Post#33 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:25 am

Kalt wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:40 am
wildwindblows wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 am
palindrom wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:08 am
Seems like problem is with your marauder particulary.
Shaq, even brut mara cannot hit like dps chosen and dps bo. I think best small scale/ranked sc mara build is sav/brut. Full brut mara is not usefull in ranked sc's.
You are wrong.
As i already mention , with numbers , you have a much much better burst than any offensive tank in brutality build.
Sounds like a l2p issue for me

Brut marauder can pull a 5k burst in a 2 second timespan , no tank can do this in the game right now. The same goes for a savagery brut build as long as you know how to stance dance properly.

Brutality is extremely valuable in ranked as long as you have either a BO with waaaagh , a choppa in assist or an offensive BG .
And if you queue solo , then use Sav/Brut to bring an hd , an armor debuff , a wound debuff and a good burst.
This is a teamplay game , and you're not going to win the ranked alone.
5k brust in 2 sec can be true for wl and msw.

Pandastyle

Post#34 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:50 am

Kalt wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:38 am
Pandastyle wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:46 pm I did but I am still not convinced. I agree however with Zedis. For rr60-80 Maras this is maybe viable but in 5sov/3warlord and sent jewel + tali and 4 ranks in melee crit renown I am at 34 % crit without FoF, almost soft capped str with pot, and 350 WS (25% armor pen) and 8.2k hp... only thing worse is that the AA is only at 2.2 not 1.7
I suggest: If you have the gear, go with the endgame gear. For lower ranks it may be quite viable, but keep in mind you probably miss out on the renown crit rate then
Can you give me your stats on full invader , and how much your AA damage goes with both brut proc and invader proc ?
Full invader: 817 str (w/o pot), 759 wounds, 234 WS, 26% crit, 1.9s AA (with both sov and warlord cloak actually). AA critting for between 600-900 with procs. Tbh tho I dont have the event item atm because the event sc sucks this weekend so its missing like 1% crit and a couple of stats
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Kalt

Post#35 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Do you play with brute force or corrupted edge ?

600 900 per swing or both combined ?
If this is 900 MH and 600 OH , you are at 1k4 damage each 1.9s when crit , not that bad imho. This can be a good synergy with a choppa and a BO. Choppa provide additional haste and BO give weapon skill and aa damage.

Pandastyle

Post#36 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:01 pm

neither brute force nor corrupted edge. Yes, one can consider slotting BF for the extra strength. I will try it later.
Its per swing, but one usually crits a bit higher tho. If both crit its mostly around 800+600 so yes a 1.4k crit but for that both procs must be active.
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Kalt

Post#37 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:27 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:01 pm neither brute force nor corrupted edge. Yes, one can consider slotting BF for the extra strength. I will try it later.
Its per swing, but one usually crits a bit higher tho. If both crit its mostly around 800+600 so yes a 1.4k crit but for that both procs must be active.

Well 1k4 without BF is quite good for AA.
At the moment i play with Corrupted edge / feeding on fear / growing instability / piercing bite.
So assuming you run CE or BF , you are str capped with a pots ( 817 + 160 + 80 : 1057 str so you are over the cap)
I think this can add a good 100/200 damage per auto , so without any exterior buff , a 1k5/1k6 AA is quite good imho. In addition of the skills , this can give a massive burst.
So the synergy with choppa and BO is something who can bring the build to the next level.

Moonbiter

Post#38 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:35 am

What weapon is a best choice for end game? Anathema or sentinel? Anathema stats seems low, but have a +crit%.

Ads
jughurta

Post#39 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:20 am

I never understood those who always ask. Try and make the choice according to your gameplay

Depending on what you are looking for.

It's not mean but looking for a build, trying things. This is the gaming experience

by google trad lol

Moonbiter

Post#40 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:32 am

jughurta wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:20 am I never understood those who always ask. Try and make the choice according to your gameplay

Depending on what you are looking for.

It's not mean but looking for a build, trying things. This is the gaming experience

by google trad lol
to try all options one have to waste a lot of time in damned dungeons or in damned SCs.