Recent Topics

Ads

Make Pug SC second Event Sc every week

Let's talk about... everything else
adzcriz

Re: Make Pug SC second Event Sc every week

Post#51 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:21 pm

Because putting all classes on the same footing so that any class is optimal so there isn't a specific meta is such a bad idea, like totally insane and who ever thought of that idea is really silly and must wear his shoes on his head ...
Cykosis - Zealot ~ Resident Psychotic Healer

Ads
lyncher12

Post#52 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:46 pm

adzcriz wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:21 pm Because putting all classes on the same footing so that any class is optimal so there isn't a specific meta is such a bad idea, like totally insane and who ever thought of that idea is really silly and must wear his shoes on his head ...
You are going to be hard pressed to find a game where everything is equal footing and there isn't a meta. It is a lot easier said than done. I would love to see your suggestions for the implementation of this. The only classes I feel are weak are engie and magus because of the stack mechanic which relegates them to sniping people in a keep and not that great otherwise. WH might not be great but it will function in 98% of situations.

adzcriz

Post#53 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:52 pm

The mastery and skills havent changed much since launch, what it needs is a WoW-esque rework of the skills and mastery system, it's long overdue but I doubt its possible. A goal where no matter what class you play, you are competitive in all content and not rejected simply because your class isn't "optimal"
Cykosis - Zealot ~ Resident Psychotic Healer

diedrake

Post#54 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:13 pm

Its really simple guys if you dont enjoy the weekend event... Dont play it. The weekend sc event and any other aspect of the game promotes teamwork and coordination for a higher chance to win.

Solo's and puging stuff will only get you so far. Playing non meta specs also will get you so far.... Unless you are with peeps that can work with you.

Would i like to play a 2h SM? Heck ya, but thats not what we need in order to win. Hint pick a class that you would enjoy in all specs. Its really funny and frustrating when, example, wp joins the wb and says " i dont heal" and refuses to just switch talents and to book n hammer, even though the wb knows that wp wont be the strongest, but heals are heals.

Have to agree w the devs, if players refuse to grp up, adapt by respecing for content they wish to play, ect. Then its the players fault.... Not the games.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#55 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:03 am

diedrake wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:13 pm Its really simple guys if you dont enjoy the weekend event... Dont play it. The weekend sc event and any other aspect of the game promotes teamwork and coordination for a higher chance to win.

Solo's and puging stuff will only get you so far. Playing non meta specs also will get you so far.... Unless you are with peeps that can work with you.

Would i like to play a 2h SM? Heck ya, but thats not what we need in order to win. Hint pick a class that you would enjoy in all specs. Its really funny and frustrating when, example, wp joins the wb and says " i dont heal" and refuses to just switch talents and to book n hammer, even though the wb knows that wp wont be the strongest, but heals are heals.

Have to agree w the devs, if players refuse to grp up, adapt by respecing for content they wish to play, ect. Then its the players fault.... Not the games.
It's far from difficult to separate Pug and Premade scenario queues. As a Premade player I hate stomping pugs just as much as I hate getting stomped by premades when I solo. It's just nonsense, no player worth mentioning enjoys this crap, only terribads that wanna farm easy wins.
Best matches are always fought against better or equal opponents that are also working as a team and in comms, to throw in pugs vs premades is the equivalent of lvl 17 Trivial players going against full sovereign in a 1v1 and claim that the lvl 17 needs to l2p because the boolster is good enough.
You aint playing the game outside of zergs and you are clueless if you believe this is the case. As for the whole, make a group and coordinate or play a class the game/devs want you to play.. Lol are we serious? Play what we say or go somewhere else. :D
I'm not even gonna comment on that. There are many casuals and solo players in this game, others are playing classes that are not welcome in the 123 setup that is desired by most groups/guilds. Separating pugs from premades after rr60 hurts no one but the bads that want to farm easy wins.

diedrake

Post#56 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:17 am

All aspects of this game is designed around teamwork and coordination rvr, scs, pve dungeons, fort and cities. Folks want to solo that is thier choice, but dont expect to win a lot.

Still i agree, pug stomping is not fun, but its players fault not wanting to form grps and all that.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Arbich
Suspended

Post#57 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:20 am

adzcriz wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:52 pm The mastery and skills havent changed much since launch, what it needs is a WoW-esque rework of the skills and mastery system, it's long overdue but I doubt its possible. A goal where no matter what class you play, you are competitive in all content and not rejected simply because your class isn't "optimal"
mhm... While I agree that there are some balance issues, which clases can´t be competivive in all content? I can think of maybe engi/magus in city, but thats it.
Thing is - as wagrimnir explained - not all classes/specs require the same skill to be competitive.
Not all specs work in every content though. But especially in SCs you can play almost any spec, some are just harder to pull off than other.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#58 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:35 am

There's more than just spec. RR, Gear, Class.
Unless you are of a specific class with a specific RR and amount of gear you wont be getting in a premade.

So you are forced to play a specific class, have the amount of RR and Gear required to play the game ? There's a reason why premades are all made of the same comps, it's the current meta and if you want a chance at winning, that is the best setup.
So if you like playing any class or spec that is not part of what the game wants you to play right now, well tough luck, you are not welcome here.
All of that could be easily fixed by separating Pugs from Premades. I can't stress this enough, no premade worth mentioning or pvp player will ever have anything against separating Pugs and Premade signups for scenarios/bgs.

If the issue is the amount of Queue time increase because there are not enough premades, then it is obvious that the pugs are but free kills to entertain the few.

A possible solution to this would be to count a team as Premade when more than 3 players are Queued together. Three or less will count and register as part of the Pug scenario.

Ads
diedrake

Post#59 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:00 am

Hardkoar wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:35 am There's more than just spec. RR, Gear, Class.
Unless you are of a specific class with a specific RR and amount of gear you wont be getting in a premade.

So you are forced to play a specific class, have the amount of RR and Gear required to play the game ? There's a reason why premades are all made of the same comps, it's the current meta and if you want a chance at winning, that is the best setup.
So if you like playing any class or spec that is not part of what the game wants you to play right now, well tough luck, you are not welcome here.
All of that could be easily fixed by separating Pugs from Premades. I can't stress this enough, no premade worth mentioning or pvp player will ever have anything against separating Pugs and Premade signups for scenarios/bgs.

If the issue is the amount of Queue time increase because there are not enough premades, then it is obvious that the pugs are but free kills to entertain the few.

A possible solution to this would be to count a team as Premade when more than 3 players are Queued together. Three or less will count and register as part of the Pug scenario.
Easy on paper but that can also be easy to exploit to. Premades could q in 2s or 3s at the same time. Game prob wont reconize it as a premade but still has a good chance both teams of threes would get into the same match due to low population.

A true "Solo" q would be 1v1 matches... Where solo players dont have to coordinate nor deal with teamwork. But then you'd have a whole different can of worms there too as certain classes would dominate "cough" am/shams for example.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Roids

Post#60 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:04 am

If so many heroes here who play premades talk always the same **** about build groups, play meta etc. and even say they dont like it to smash pugs, than just answer me one stupid question. WHY THE **** GROUP RANKED IS DEAD???? There u have ur fair matches, you can show how good u are etc.. But no, that would show just how bad most of the players are and only a few groups would be on top. And the people who now talk big here would cry that it is unfair to play against this groups because "put here a stupid reason".
And dont answer we would but noone que, that just show how many of u want to play fair matches where u have to work for something.

But with ur reasons i just dont understand whats ur problem when devs finally implement a 2 2 2 system for pugs against premades like in ranked scs, why u are against it??