Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Win Rate Tracker

Let's talk about... everything else
Onigokko0101

Re: Fort Win Rate Tracker

Post#61 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:24 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:36 pm
havartii wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:04 am They keep buffing order side, the SW does crazy aoe now and I believe they fixed dragons gun on w/h , 2 more classes to stack aoe with the engi's and b/w. With nothing for destro side, mara aoe nerfed, choppa aoe nerfed. Yes it is a team game and composition is vital to wins/ loss. I think they are doing what they can to try and level out the matching with forts. Order just has better aoe atm. Prove me wrong ?
You may want to check your facts. A lot (read most) of the ranged AOE doesn't stack with either side. Only things that mostly stack is melee aoe, which destro has plenty of.

Destro is optimizing warbands for city dominance. This doesn't work well in every situation. Melee heals don't work well in fortress takes, because you can't make it inside to start lifetap heals. Almost no one in destro is pulling with magus anymore. If destro had 2-3 more magus pulling with fortresses you could easily disrupt the order tank walls.
??? What. You are wrong, MOST of it stacks, on both sides.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads
farng84

Post#62 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:37 pm

Kpi wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:53 pm
JarlBerzirk wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:37 pm
Kpi wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:22 am I will add some points of view from a 100% order player:
-Destro only can win a zone doing zerg, and zerg don't work in fortress becase numbers are similar.
-Destro don't play objectives, they like love ganking people aproaching at keeps, but don't like defend/attack the keeps -or do it only when they have a lot of more players-.
-Destro play a lot of WE, and Shaman DPS. I'm bored to find groups of 4-6 of this players roaming and hunting people when they are running to play a fortress/city. Destro form WB and guilds only from WE and Shaman DPS... you can't do nothing with this.
-Destro don't fill the fortress. In this weekend, the destro's fortress population was not full when a fortress start, but at the same time, in RVR they have +200 players in another zone. If the population is 33% of each class when the reservations are sent, and the destro leave the fortress, the will have a lot of DPS and lack of Heals and Tanks, and Order have a balanced composition
-A lot of destro players leaves the fortress if they can't see an easy victory in Stage 2-3.
-We have order pride, and i can't see this in destro side.

So the problem is not the "order buffs" and "destro nerfs", is it the game style of the destro players.
Like these insanely false claims of ridiculous made up nonsense. None of this is correct whatsoever and you're daydreaming if you don't think that order is guilty of the exact same things that you claim only destro does...these kind of comments aren't helping and aren't adding anything positive to the conversation.
I'm only trying to say the things i see from order side. Is very boring see the destro is not able to do nothing without zerg. I would like to play fortresses with a certain degree of difficulty, but this is not possible at this moment and is very frustating for me :(

All i say here is an advice for destro players, i want play cities too!!!!
Someone gave you extensive explanation about why all of your comments were faulty, you should go and read that answer. :)
Whatever destro players do you can always play city as long as you are 40/40 and you queue. Not sure of what you mean with this additional comment...

Naelar

Post#63 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Kpi wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:53 pm
JarlBerzirk wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:37 pm
Kpi wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:22 am I will add some points of view from a 100% order player:
-Destro only can win a zone doing zerg, and zerg don't work in fortress becase numbers are similar.
-Destro don't play objectives, they like love ganking people aproaching at keeps, but don't like defend/attack the keeps -or do it only when they have a lot of more players-.
-Destro play a lot of WE, and Shaman DPS. I'm bored to find groups of 4-6 of this players roaming and hunting people when they are running to play a fortress/city. Destro form WB and guilds only from WE and Shaman DPS... you can't do nothing with this.
-Destro don't fill the fortress. In this weekend, the destro's fortress population was not full when a fortress start, but at the same time, in RVR they have +200 players in another zone. If the population is 33% of each class when the reservations are sent, and the destro leave the fortress, the will have a lot of DPS and lack of Heals and Tanks, and Order have a balanced composition
-A lot of destro players leaves the fortress if they can't see an easy victory in Stage 2-3.

So the problem is not the "order buffs" and "destro nerfs", is it the game style of the destro players.
Like these insanely false claims of ridiculous made up nonsense. None of this is correct whatsoever and you're daydreaming if you don't think that order is guilty of the exact same things that you claim only destro does...these kind of comments aren't helping and aren't adding anything positive to the conversation.
I'm only trying to say the things i see from order side. Is very boring see the destro is not able to do nothing without zerg. I would like to play fortresses with a certain degree of difficulty, but this is not possible at this moment and is very frustating for me :(

All i say here is an advice for destro players, i want play cities too!!!!
Cut the other posters some slack. Most people don't realize it's 'working together' and 'Order Pride!' when Order does the exact same thing.

zij83

Post#64 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:44 pm

Kpi wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:47 pm
zij83 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:22 pm

For someone that plays "100% Order" you sure have made a lot of assumptions about Destro that you can't back up with evidence.
You only need check the Destro's Twicht of yesterday and find evidences of all this, is easy. All is recorded
All of destro can be summed up by watching one guys twitch stream of a fort. HAHAHAHAHA

zij83

Post#65 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:51 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:31 pm
saupreusse wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:42 pm Maybe destro simply has to git gud?
I could write a novel on what is wrong with forts. It is easily the worst content in the game and if someone interested in joining the server opens up a Twitch stream and sees this, they aren't going to be impressed.
This is the most important statement in this thread.

Rekoom

Post#66 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:27 pm

zij83 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:51 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:31 pm
saupreusse wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:42 pm Maybe destro simply has to git gud?
I could write a novel on what is wrong with forts. It is easily the worst content in the game and if someone interested in joining the server opens up a Twitch stream and sees this, they aren't going to be impressed.
This is the most important statement in this thread.
While I agree fort on Destro are an exercise in frustration, imo it is an interesting bit of content and I remember being amazed by the scale of it when I first joined the game.
Now that reality set in and indeed we all die to dots outside the door I am a bit disenchanted.

Played forts on Order and can confirm it's so easy it felt like Destro isn't even trying but I've been on the side outside the door and I know what's up.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Fey

Post#67 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:22 am

DaoC had keep walls that could be sieged down to open holes in the keep. The worst decision made by this game's devs was to jettison that facet of sieging.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Machiara

Post#68 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:30 am

I've fought in forts on both Order side and Destro side. As others have said, the issue is that Order just has more ranged DPS classes, and ranged DPS classes are very effective in forts. When I prep for a push with my DoK I struggle just to keep my party alive outside due to all the ranged damage my group/warband takes from the upper floor. I cannot recall this ever being an issue when attacking Forts with Order. Also the fact that ranged DPS doesn't stack incredibly well means that lowering fort population causes each ranged DPS character to become correspondingly more valuable, because they are less likely to overstack with another ranged DPS in a particular situation.

I also find there to be more zone leaders and coordinators on Order during fort fights recently, for whatever reason. No idea why.

Conversely, Destro predilection for tough melee classes makes them better in cities, where melee-heavy builds are rewarded. While Order can definitely put a great city warband together with Slayers-WPs-KotBSs there are a lot of Order players out there on suboptimal city-meta classes that either have to pug or create less-than-optimal city warbands that start out as a disadvantage.

So it's not a matter of "git gud" or that Order players are tactical/strategic geniuses and/or have more "pride." We're all gamers. It's just that that the class-choice of the Destro player base give destro an advantage in certain situations, while Order's class choices give it an advantage in other situations. And the recent changes in fort pop accentuated the Order advantage in forts. Or so it seems to me. But I'm just some guy.

Ads
franzjaeger

Post#69 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:46 am

This is hands down the dumbest sh*t I've ever read on the forums. Jesus christ, how can you play this game and be THIS clueless?

Robzkull

Post#70 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:48 am

IMHO the reason why destro loses forts / keeps is very simple.

Order has more and BETTER rdps.

Rpds dont need support and are better at defending choke points and putting pressure without needing much above said support.

So order xguards tanks to push/defend.

Destro has to guard/heal mdps and lacks rdps.

I play and enjoy both factions.