Recent Topics

Ads

[IB]Ideas on IB buffs to try and make them more comparable to other tanks.

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CountTalabecland

Re: [IB]Ideas on IB buffs to try and make them more comparable to other tanks.

Post#21 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:13 pm

Spoiler:
Parallels66 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:06 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:03 pm
Spoiler:
Parallels66 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:29 pm

wanna know how many of the top IBs use the cooldown increaser tactic currently? next to 0. because in group play you basically HAVE to have punishing knock and told ya so to be worth taking at all over other tanks and even then an easy fix would be to adjust the tactic to add a cd and give the spell a CD. even with knights tactic slot useage to make punt better theyre still infinitely more desirable for group play over an IB, IB has the highest skill cap out of any tank yet has the lowest reward. i think you need to relook at the other tanks and understand why things need to change for IB to be desirable over other options before making toxic remarks.

Lol at "top IBs" didnt realize this was an esport. IB is not hard to play, different sure, but buffbot is not hard.

Also I didnt say anything toxic, you wish list here just evidences someone who needs to play the class more imo.

Cooldown Increaser is not as useful as it could be but so long as you have any Slayers around at all, I don't see why you would use it. Making it spammable is what your initial post said so thats why I said what I said.

Sure a cool down would make sense in that scenario. My point was that making a 100% uptime CD increase would be better than Shatter Limbs but OP AF. I don't know how you give IB a balanced CD increaser while Shatter Limbs exists.

Knight is always going to be preferable in wb v wb due to the way auras work. Until that is changed you are not going to magically buff the IB into the meta. Punts don't matter so long as Knight has grp wide 100% uptime buffs compared to ST buffs of 20 sec duration tops of which half need to be landed with melee.
games dont have to be a "esport" for there to be degrees of skill. people reconise names and players abilities for a reason.
Ok then, start listing some names of these top players as well as the ones you claim quit? PPl quitting over IB seems silly to me. Its was slightly buffed recently and Knight top tank status has never changed on this server, what is there to quit over?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Parallels66

Post#22 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:16 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:12 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Lol at "top IBs" didnt realize this was an esport. IB is not hard to play, different sure, but buffbot is not hard.

Also I didnt say anything toxic, you wish list here just evidences someone who needs to play the class more imo.

Cooldown Increaser is not as useful as it could be but so long as you have any Slayers around at all, I don't see why you would use it. Making it spammable is what your initial post said so thats why I said what I said.

Sure a cool down would make sense in that scenario. My point was that making a 100% uptime CD increase would be better than Shatter Limbs but OP AF. I don't know how you give IB a balanced CD increaser while Shatter Limbs exists.

Knight is always going to be preferable in wb v wb due to the way auras work. Until that is changed you are not going to magically buff the IB into the meta. Punts don't matter so long as Knight has grp wide 100% uptime buffs compared to ST buffs of 20 sec duration tops of which half need to be landed with melee.
games dont have to be a "esport" for there to be degrees of skill. people reconise names and players abilities for a reason.
Ok then, start listing some names of these top players as well as the ones you claim quit?
imagine having an IB and still not understanding the fundamental issues every single competent IB can see a mile off. but if you must know some of them are trppie, thor, malice.
Skargraive the Chosen - [Unreal]

Parallels66

Post#23 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:18 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:13 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Ok then, start listing some names of these top players as well as the ones you claim quit? PPl quitting over IB seems silly to me. Its was slightly buffed recently and Knight top tank status has never changed on this server, what is there to quit over?
also that "buff" they got recently actually worked out as a net nerf overall.

Fey

Post#24 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:28 pm

L2P These threads are just sad.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

CountTalabecland

Post#25 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:31 pm

Parallels66 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:16 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:12 pm
Spoiler:

Ok then, start listing some names of these top players as well as the ones you claim quit?
imagine having an IB and still not understanding the fundamental issues every single competent IB can see a mile off. but if you must know some of them are trppie, thor, malice.
If rage quitting and being a diva is what is considered competent then sure. The class has always been fundamentally different than knight. Other than that it is certainly not in a state where you might as well just leave the game. I dont know how put it any clearer to you. How long have you been playing IB that you think things are so drastically bad?

Also please explain how that patch ended up being a nerf? More IBs have spots in city warbands due to AP battery than before. Net positive IMO.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Parallels66

Post#26 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:34 pm

Fey wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:28 pm L2P These threads are just sad.
:lol:

Acamano

Post#27 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:47 pm

@CountTalabecland

3. Incorrect! Unfortunately, the tactic you are referring to that increases cooldown on target by 5s is not tied to shield sweep but instead SHIELD REPIRSAL

Edit: After reading more of the post maybe we should all decide whether we are speaking for large scale or small scale.
I play primarily small scale and I believe that we should get grudge on hit (without tactic), keep our punt distance the same (reduce grudge to 15), give us more access to WS or reduce armor overall, i.e remove armor pots, or give us access to corporeal dmg.

A problem with IB is the game is heavily centered around depuffs. With access to so many great buffs and pots the game has evolved past IB in small and large scale settings.

racemon

Post#28 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:49 pm

When people stop trying to force their good niche classes into must have picks ? Just reroll knight if you want to have 4 spots for you in any wb :)

Ads
kmark101

Post#29 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:39 pm

The fundamental issues of the IB - as many topics pointed out before this one - are the following:

- physical damage type is vastly inferior in current gear level, IB armor debuff's flat amount did not keep up with it
- IB has zero aoe spammable (with any side effect), its like the only tank class in the game without it... why
- IB's buffs are inferior to knight, single target buffs should be much higher numbers to justify this, make 1 character super strong is what the IB should be about

Thats all.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

kirraha

Post#30 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:50 pm

After their last buff with AP bot option the IB is very useful in both smallscale and wb ?