Recent Topics

Ads

Mighty Soul Removed?!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ramlaen

Re: Mighty Soul Removed?!

Post#71 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:35 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:43 pm
sharpblader wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:07 pm
Mystry wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:02 pm The devs have pretty conclusively proven over the years that they don't play Order.
At least, the ones who make 'balance' decisions don't.
Maybe some of them got rekt by solo knights who knows haha?
Comments like this are bullshit that won't be tolerated. There isn't any bias or lack of experience. We're quite capable of discussing class balance, and we're more than aware when changes are going to be perceived poorly. That doesn't mean they're not going to happen.

Things change.
People would be a lot more receptive to changes if there was any sort of explanation given to drastic class changes. The recent changes to WP/DoK for example were a great model to go by.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ads
ravezaar

Post#72 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:48 pm

Sundowner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:27 pm
BelligerentBob wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:25 pm
Rydiak wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:09 pm MS/DW were stupidly overpowered in the way they worked, converting *all* damage output to the respective magic damage type. The devs made more of the Knight's abilities do magic damage (to mirror the Chosen), and the game is better with these tactics removed.
Who was complaining about Chosen and KOTBS damage? Where are the threads and posts? The open discussions and consensus that we reached as a community?
Solo chosens were killing literally everything, if you haven't noticed that, you weren't playing the game :mrgreen:
This
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

CptGeorges

Post#73 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:35 pm

kotbs =/= chosen

MoltenCoreMoshpit

Post#74 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:25 pm

I thought the game wasn't supposed to be balanced around 1v1? Can't believe people are actually complaining about chosen dps when we have uncapped aoes.

catholicism198

Post#75 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:50 pm

I’ve been deleted? It wasn’t even offensive. :/
Or off topic.

Esperflame

Post#76 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:54 pm

Alucard2010 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:31 pm So because chosen was over performing, lets gimp KOTBS further into the dirt? First Runefang nerf, removing our "physical" abilities by taking away the strength component. Now MS is gone. All our gear gives +str, how are knights expected to get the WS needed to actually do anything to armor/toughness stacked healers,tanks,dps (i.e. EVERY CLASS).
Just wanna point out that even with 1000 STr and 700 WS, knight damage still sucked. I tested those stat numbers back when Runefang was worth a damn.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#77 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:57 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:50 pm I’ve been deleted? It wasn’t even offensive. :/
Or off topic.
Even if you're "defending" the team's decisions, we still do not allow the disrespect of other players or attempts to drag original posts into conflict zones.

Uchoo

Post#78 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:47 am

Mystry wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:02 pm The devs have pretty conclusively proven over the years that they don't play Order.
At least, the ones who make 'balance' decisions don't.
Comments like this are bullshit that won't be tolerated. There isn't any bias or lack of experience. We're quite capable of discussing class balance, and we're more than aware when changes are going to be perceived poorly. That doesn't mean they're not going to happen.

Things change.
Again, I just don't understand why you didn't restore Runefang or do something else with Knight after taking out MS. Knight was already the worst scaling DPS tank. Big ??? from a lot of us.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Ads
catholicism198

Post#79 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:13 am

Uchoo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:47 am

Things change.
Again, I just don't understand why you didn't restore Runefang or do something else with Knight after taking out MS. Knight was already the worst scaling DPS tank. Big ??? from a lot of us.
Runefang+Emperor’s challenge allowed for big damage spikes. damage spikes that were too high for tanks.

Rydiak

Post#80 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:15 am

Uchoo wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:47 am

Things change.
This is patently false. The vast majority of Knight's abilities scale at the normal 1.5 coefficient.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!