Ads

Patch Notes 23/10/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Secrets
Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 23/10/2020

Post#131 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:41 am

Silverbow100 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:16 am So sorry for the multiple posts, don't know what the heck is wrong with the edit button but.. meh
No worries.

I think Chosen has a bit easier time getting near cap strength while being extremely defensive to boot. The only exception to this would be in matchups with Slayers and WHs for melee targets.

Ads
Silverbow100

Post#132 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:14 am

Secrets wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:41 am
Silverbow100 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:16 am So sorry for the multiple posts, don't know what the heck is wrong with the edit button but.. meh
No worries.

I think Chosen has a bit easier time getting near cap strength while being extremely defensive to boot. The only exception to this would be in matchups with Slayers and WHs for melee targets.
The lack of block in defensive spec is staggering.

baumkopf

Post#133 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:12 am

Secrets wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:07 am ...

In the case of KOTBS vs Chosen:

Knight, by the way, was hit equally by the Mighty Soul change as their autoattack is once again physical damage.

They already deal massively more damage than Knight does, and the Elemental damage autoattacks from Knights were also removed at the same time. Knight getting a few more elemental attacks isn't too big of a deal - it's hard enough to stack strength and defensive stats as it is, so this only grants them a small damage boost. Any Knight player also knows their attacks don't scale well with strength anyways.

Also, any Knight/Chosen that ran the revamped Mighty Soul... you better not have ran that in ranked!

Ultimately, it puts those two classes in line with where we want their damage.
Well, after 7 months of playing this amazing project, you just triggered my first forum post.

Let me start off by saying, i came back to this game with the lazy peon wave. The game has changed A LOT during this relatively short period of time, and i can imagine that most players have been around long enough to have become indifferent to changes like the one in the quote(only concerning 2 classes with niche specs, irrelevant for most). As wargrimnir said somewhere, things change, and i am very much the kind of gamer that adapts to the setting and possibilities of a game. I have enjoyed this thoroughly here, it was quite a challenge learning enough to be nearly competent in the different scales of pvp in RoR.

Sadly, many players cant be bothered with that kind of attitude, so we've seen a lot of the lazypeon-people drop off, most of em to complaints that were shortsighted. I do not spill many tears for them leaving, neither do any of you. But having all the names i lvled up with disappear over time made me adapt in a different way, namely playing my knight (that i really got to love the way it was designed) and maximizing my impact while not having proper dps to guard.

This led me to discover mighty soul, and boy did i have fun with it. After gearing and tweaking my renown build especially for use of that tactic i started queuing for ranked, since smallscale pvp has always been the part for me where individual skill matters, and you get amazing nailbiter-matches...

You might not remember me, but ive played a few ranked solos alongside you Secrets, games where we absolutely stomped destro in the ground, at one occasion i remember you calling out in chat that you loved all of us.

EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. OF. RANKED. I. DID. WAS. WITH. MIGHTY SOUL.SLOTTED.

I am writing this wall of text not to share my sad story or complain, i will try to adapt to this like every other change i may have liked or not, but i want to tell you this removal (at least for knight) was wrong. Even with mighty soul warrior priests in their shieldspec did more damage than i did, and all the tactic served for was to get good sustained dmg on any target whatsoever, be they mdps with armor stacked or tanks. Ive never seen anyone complain about OP 800 dmg crit autoattacks from a knight... how is that averse to the devs vision for the game?

Now all of that is gone, ive played a few games since patch, hitting things for around 150 dmg where before it would have been close to 400. Not gonna queue for ranked like this, its a liability to your team to not bring any meaningful dps pressure from tanks in 6v6. Good riddance to the dps meme knight i guess... I am just happy right now i lvled another class i enjoy playing.

Tarantoga

Post#134 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 am

baumkopf wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:12 am

yep, was doing the same. no one was complaining...

the kotbs nerf is just wrong

nat3s

Post#135 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:24 am

I'm not sure why there is this blind spot when it comes to WLs and their dominance.

Give some other classes their time in the sun or give WLs the Chosen treatment. So much dev attention is spent on WLs to keep them in tip top shape in the solo roaming meta.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Zxul

Post#136 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:02 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:24 am I'm not sure why there is this blind spot when it comes to WLs and their dominance.

Give some other classes their time in the sun or give WLs the Chosen treatment. So much dev attention is spent on WLs to keep them in tip top shape in the solo roaming meta.
On my dps dok, wls die. On my tank magus, wls die. On my chosen, wls die. On my WE, wls die.

Wls are only good in solo roaming to gank glass cannon rdps.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Boernsen

Post#137 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:19 pm

baumkopf wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:12 am
Secrets wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:07 am ...

In the case of KOTBS vs Chosen:

Knight, by the way, was hit equally by the Mighty Soul change as their autoattack is once again physical damage.

They already deal massively more damage than Knight does, and the Elemental damage autoattacks from Knights were also removed at the same time. Knight getting a few more elemental attacks isn't too big of a deal - it's hard enough to stack strength and defensive stats as it is, so this only grants them a small damage boost. Any Knight player also knows their attacks don't scale well with strength anyways.

Also, any Knight/Chosen that ran the revamped Mighty Soul... you better not have ran that in ranked!

Ultimately, it puts those two classes in line with where we want their damage.
Well, after 7 months of playing this amazing project, you just triggered my first forum post.

Let me start off by saying, i came back to this game with the lazy peon wave. The game has changed A LOT during this relatively short period of time, and i can imagine that most players have been around long enough to have become indifferent to changes like the one in the quote(only concerning 2 classes with niche specs, irrelevant for most). As wargrimnir said somewhere, things change, and i am very much the kind of gamer that adapts to the setting and possibilities of a game. I have enjoyed this thoroughly here, it was quite a challenge learning enough to be nearly competent in the different scales of pvp in RoR.

Sadly, many players cant be bothered with that kind of attitude, so we've seen a lot of the lazypeon-people drop off, most of em to complaints that were shortsighted. I do not spill many tears for them leaving, neither do any of you. But having all the names i lvled up with disappear over time made me adapt in a different way, namely playing my knight (that i really got to love the way it was designed) and maximizing my impact while not having proper dps to guard.

This led me to discover mighty soul, and boy did i have fun with it. After gearing and tweaking my renown build especially for use of that tactic i started queuing for ranked, since smallscale pvp has always been the part for me where individual skill matters, and you get amazing nailbiter-matches...

You might not remember me, but ive played a few ranked solos alongside you Secrets, games where we absolutely stomped destro in the ground, at one occasion i remember you calling out in chat that you loved all of us.

I am writing this wall of text not to share my sad story or complain, i will try to adapt to this like every other change i may have liked or not, but i want to tell you this removal (at least for knight) was wrong. Even with mighty soul warrior priests in their shieldspec did more damage than i did, and all the tactic served for was to get good sustained dmg on any target whatsoever, be they mdps with armor stacked or tanks. Ive never seen anyone complain about OP 800 dmg crit autoattacks from a knight... how is that averse to the devs vision for the game?

Now all of that is gone, ive played a few games since patch, hitting things for around 150 dmg where before it would have been close to 400. Not gonna queue for ranked like this, its a liability to your team to not bring any meaningful dps pressure from tanks in 6v6. Good riddance to the dps meme knight i guess... I am just happy right now i lvled another class i enjoy playing.

"Not gonna queue for ranked like this, its a liability to your team to not bring any meaningful dps pressure from tanks in 6v6." This just shows that you have 0 clue, you dont play 2h kotbs to deal dmg or have pressure through dealing DPS in ranked, It´s a pure support class in 6vs6. You carry through well timed CC. If you are paired with a 2h IB or SM your team should have enough Dmg anyways. Of course your meme DPS spec with mighty Soul works if the enemy isn´t able to put out any pressure. Once you face stronger opponents this will lose you the game tho. You aren´t a "liability" at all playing full defensive 2h spec.

Akalukz

Post#138 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:31 pm

Ok so now I see. Chosen were giving WL to much of threat! 14 pages and that is the summary
-= Agony =-

Ads
nat3s

Post#139 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:38 pm

Zxul wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:02 pm
nat3s wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:24 am I'm not sure why there is this blind spot when it comes to WLs and their dominance.

On my dps dok, wls die. On my tank magus, wls die. On my chosen, wls die. On my WE, wls die.

A properly setup solo WL running 3x Fleshrender rings and Sentinel accessory with hp/s gem will destroy most of those.

It used to be the case that def magus and rejuv/def WEs could challenge them, not so much now.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Zxul

Post#140 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:39 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:38 pm
Zxul wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:02 pm

A properly setup solo WL running 3x Fleshrender rings and Sentinel accessory with hp/s gem will destroy most of those.

It used to be the case that def magus and rejuv/def WEs could challenge them, not so much now.
I'm playing my WE now, so far hadn't run into a single wl which gave me any trouble 1v1.

Edit: 3x Fleshrender + Send gem is 200 or so regen every 4 sec, why would I care about it as a WE? For it to matter, wl also need to have the parry numbers which actual regen tanks have- which wl won't.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh