Recent Topics

Ads

Pouncing and Bouncing

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Orontes

Pouncing and Bouncing

Post#1 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:25 pm

The most recent patch removed any damage affect when a WL or mSH pounces or squig leaps to a target. In the comments section of the patch GamesBond (who always looks fabulous in his tux) explained this was to remove some of the expected burst increase that may occur from the pet changes that were done in the same patch.

I suggest that, following that line of thinking, the damage is removed when a pet is active. A solo WL or mSH with no pet should not suffer a loss of damage. Thank you

Ads
JarlBerzirk

Re: Pouncing and Bouncing

Post#2 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:12 am

Bump times a thousand. Without a pet active this is just a straight up unneeded nerf.

Kenshiken

Post#3 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:44 am

Double it.

phononHYPE

Post#4 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:47 am

As someone who looooathes WLs... this makes sense. (not the doubling though)
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Diros

Post#5 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:36 am

Orontes wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:25 pm The most recent patch removed any damage affect when a WL or mSH pounces or squig leaps to a target. In the comments section of the patch GamesBond (who always looks fabulous in his tux) explained this was to remove some of the expected burst increase that may occur from the pet changes that were done in the same patch.

I suggest that, following that line of thinking, the damage is removed when a pet is active. A solo WL or mSH with no pet should not suffer a loss of damage. Thank you
QFT. I pretty much just run Loner.

Gurf

Post#6 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:42 am

Yes it shouldn't be hard to change, with Loner tactic Pounce does X damage, as the whole reason the damage was removed was the buff to pet, but obviously in Loner there is no pet.

Single target DPS in Loner build was already very average with much less utility (no heal debuff, no knockdown, fetch, pet debuffs) and because of mass aoe in Warband play it is a spec Lions often have to run unfortunately, so single target nerf in that spec wasn't needed.

Sundowner

Post#7 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:43 am

+1 to the idea to tie pounce dmg to the loner tactic

sadistic

Post#8 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:17 am

Agreed that the damage should only be removed when a pet is active

Ads
Rasenmeister

Post#9 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:37 am

Agree.
Damage without pet - best solution

update Loner and Territorial Aggression tactics for pounce and leap damage
FMJ
Tristarix/Urgolf/Rakamaka/Shaefer
Tristasha/Gunthane

Foltestik

Post#10 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:49 am

give pounce / bounce at least 1 dmg i need it to dismount running people :)