Recent Topics

Ads

Morale damage test feedback/discussion

Let's talk about... everything else
racemon

Morale damage test feedback/discussion

Post#1 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:01 pm

4 months into morale bombing nerf, whats your expirience with it? Seems like it removed all counterplay to zerg in orvr. City sieges looks more balanced, but less skill intensive: knowing morale timings, coordinating/avoiding drops, pump/drain gameplay was fun. Want to know how it affected your gameplay, do you want it to stay? want it gone? :) :?:

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: Morale damage test feedback/discussion

Post#2 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:20 pm

I'm happy morale bombing is gone.
Fights last longer now, require more skill to coordinate CC, buffs and debuffs, positioning is more important than before and most of all it allows for more versatility in builds and gameplay.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

cimator

Post#3 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:30 pm

It was a good idea, morale dump meta was dull and not interactive. It rendered any build or setup that wasnt built around morale dumps useless, if you got morale dumped first, you would get wiped no matter the build.
But, imo the current cap on morale dmg is too low at 2400. Thats basically 1 m4 or 2 m2s. And I don't think it should punish morale coordation when its just 2-3 ppl trying to coordinate.

So I do think it was a good idea to add a softcap to morale damage, but it should have been somewhere around 3600 imo
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

Gurf

Post#4 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:09 pm

For City I think it made it more skill intensive, Morale drops are still a useful tool but it needs to be combined with other things to be really effective. Its still useful in rvr against zerging pugs also as most pugs wont have the healing or coordination to recover from a drop even if it doesn't immediately wipe them out.