Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Making Jail Breaks Matter

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Shalktonin

[Suggestion] Making Jail Breaks Matter

Post#1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:59 am

Recently it's come to the focus that jail breaks really don't matter and so any attempt to guard them is pointless. Jail breaks should matter, My Suggestion to make them matter is the following:

Make it hit the attackers where it hurts
  • Reduce the pool size of the rewards for the attackers for breaking out but rather than making it based on the number of times the jail break is done make it based on the number of people who are released. Say if 5 x the current cap for the defenders are released then the attackers get no rewards because if you are not playing the objectives why should you be rewarded.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Ads
Squizzel26

Re: [Suggestion] Making Jail Breaks Matter

Post#2 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:00 pm

Because guarding the jail isn't the objective, taking the fort is. The attackers should be free to weigh up the risk reward of more bodies in lord room for def/lord dps over having to repel repeat retake attempts from the defenders due to not guarding jail.

I do agree with you too a point that jailbreaks should matter but the reality is that if the defenders couldn't hold the lords room with less numbers then they arn't likely to retake it with less numbers either.

CaptoftheHarem

Post#3 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:00 am

I have been thinking about this problem as well, my thought was to give those who have broken out of jail a buff, as an example: FREEDOM! (5 min duration buff): increases movement speed by 25% and increases outgoing damage and healing by 5%.
Human: Yttria, Rezalevadgib, Kesserac, INeedaHug, Smaragdus, Cristoria, & Nalida
Elves: Eiszapfen, Isliana, Raveria, IAmNotaGirl, Iolothi, Ionlonia, Lorinia, & PetElf
Ugly: EvilDentalPlan, ShakenUnfairly, & TackyShorts

Squizzel26

Post#4 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:56 am

CaptoftheHarem wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:00 am I have been thinking about this problem as well, my thought was to give those who have broken out of jail a buff, as an example: FREEDOM! (5 min duration buff): increases movement speed by 25% and increases outgoing damage and healing by 5%.
I like that idea better than op's.

I do think that the jail mechanIc itself is flawed in that it essesntially forces a group of players to stand around with nothing to do, away from the action assuming that a decent wipe of the defenders took place.

Let's say for example that 90% of the defenders are wiped, you now have to have a group of players guarding the jail from stragglers to prevent a break but they arn't going to see any meaningful action.

What I'd rather see is some sort of reinforcements mechanic added.

Example:

At 20 mins remaining the defenders get 40 additional reservations to the fort.
These fresh troops can seige the jail to force the jailbreak (meaningful action for jail guards)
If successful the defending team can now push to retake the lordsroom WITH a numerical advantage.
It would also give encouragement to a defending realm who are holding the Lordroom knowing that reinforcements are coming.

Jastojan

Post#5 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:31 am

CaptoftheHarem wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:00 am I have been thinking about this problem as well, my thought was to give those who have broken out of jail a buff, as an example: FREEDOM! (5 min duration buff): increases movement speed by 25% and increases outgoing damage and healing by 5%.
+1

franzjaeger

Post#6 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:19 am

Squizzel26 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:56 am What I'd rather see is some sort of reinforcements mechanic added.

Example:

These fresh troops can seige the jail to force the jailbreak (meaningful action for jail guards)
If successful the defending team can now push to retake the lordsroom WITH a numerical advantage.
It would also give encouragement to a defending realm who are holding the Lordroom knowing that reinforcements are coming.
What if at 20 minutes remaining the attackers haven't yet breached the lords room? Then you're pretty much guaranteeing the attackers failure once reinforcements arrive.

Naelar

Post#7 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:15 pm

franzjaeger wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:19 am
Squizzel26 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:56 am What I'd rather see is some sort of reinforcements mechanic added.

Example:

What if at 20 minutes remaining the attackers haven't yet breached the lords room? Then you're pretty much guaranteeing the attackers failure once reinforcements arrive.
If it takes the attackers that long to get to the lord room, they're going to fail either way.

franzjaeger

Post#8 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:28 pm

Naelar wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:15 pm
franzjaeger wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:19 am

Example:

If it takes the attackers that long to get to the lord room, they're going to fail either way.
20 minutes is ample time to fight the lord. My point is once you're closing in on that 20 minute mark, which should be enough for one or two more pushes at least, you might as well give up since 40 more defenders are incoming and if they don't get you in the back they'll be there just in time to break you as you're clearing the fort, rezzing your dead, setting up for def etc. even if you succeed in that final push. Plus you'd have to devote more people to jail + bottom defense which means even longer time to kill the lord = even less incentive to push around that 20 minute mark. Might as well just kick everyone out of the fort if they haven't reached lords room at that point then, would save everyone the time.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#9 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:33 pm

Make jail breaks enrage lord, so he actualy kills attackers, or at least keep damaging them seriously for next 5 minutes.

wachlarz

Post#10 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:52 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:33 pm Make jail breaks enrage lord, so he actualy kills attackers, or at least keep damaging them seriously for next 5 minutes.
+1