Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Tracker One Week In

Let's talk about... everything else
nuadarstark

Re: Fort Tracker One Week In

Post#81 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:03 pm

JarlBerzirk wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:52 pm I think one of the biggest issues is the contribution system desperately needs reworked. If you're in a fort and you're participating, fighting, killing, taking bo's defending you should get medallions no questions asked. Im up to 7 forts in a row where "my contribution was too low for rewards" and that is no joke. I can't make this s up. And when you do 7 forts in a row for literally nothing but getting farmed by orders zerg, then you start to think to yourself, "these forts are not worth me wasting my time on. Its impossible for me to get to a flag to get enough contrib anyway, and even if i do its still not garunteed enough to actually get rewards." The problem is this mindset is shared by a lot of destro players, and that number is growing rapidly everyday. Id be more inclined to actually go to a fort if i was garunteed something at all for going and participating...even if i did lose.
That is strange, but probably something that pops up quite often, I know of few order players too that haven't got any rewards. I think that is the part of forts that needs to be adjusted the most. And while we're at it, can we also fix the contribution in cities too? Cause that is even more of a random tossup than in forts.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ads
franzjaeger

Post#82 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:04 pm

JarlBerzirk wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:52 pm I think one of the biggest issues is the contribution system desperately needs reworked. If you're in a fort and you're participating, fighting, killing, taking bo's defending you should get medallions no questions asked. Im up to 7 forts in a row where "my contribution was too low for rewards" and that is no joke. I can't make this s up. And when you do 7 forts in a row for literally nothing but getting farmed by orders zerg, then you start to think to yourself, "these forts are not worth me wasting my time on. Its impossible for me to get to a flag to get enough contrib anyway, and even if i do its still not garunteed enough to actually get rewards." The problem is this mindset is shared by a lot of destro players, and that number is growing rapidly everyday. Id be more inclined to actually go to a fort if i was garunteed something at all for going and participating...even if i did lose.
Yeah it's kind of a joke that no matter if you get steamrolled or put up a good fight but barely loses, you get the same 2 measly invader medallions. If you're destro and defending, you already know you've lost once you reach stage 3 (order 94% win rate...) but you also know that you won't get rewarded for trying. Dumb system. I've been in fort defs where we've been organized and actually put up a good fight, held pushes, made jail breaks, wiped wbs. But since order inevitably wins and you barely get rewarded for your effort you start to question whether trying to defend a fort is even worth your time. It's a lag fest with a more or less pre-determined outcome, it's not like it's more fun than lakes in any way, but it should at least be rewarding if you actually try to win.

Nekkma

Post#83 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:10 pm

franzjaeger wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:04 pm Yeah it's kind of a joke that no matter if you get steamrolled or put up a good fight but barely loses, you get the same 2 measly invader medallions. If you're destro and defending, you already know you've lost once you reach stage 3 (order 94% win rate...) but you also know that you won't get rewarded for trying. Dumb system. I've been in fort defs where we've been organized and actually put up a good fight, held pushes, made jail breaks, wiped wbs. But since order inevitably wins and you barely get rewarded for your effort you start to question whether trying to defend a fort is even worth your time. It's a lag fest with a more or less pre-determined outcome, it's not like it's more fun than lakes in any way, but it should at least be rewarding if you actually try to win.
It’s not worth it. It is the worst content in the game and the rewards are meh (for losing side at least). Better to skip forts as cities, orvr and scenarios are more fun and/or rewarding.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

JarlBerzirk

Post#84 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:21 pm

Goermsi wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:00 pm
JarlBerzirk wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:51 pm I think one of the buggest issues is the contribution system desperately needs reworked. If youre in a fort and you're participating, fighting, killing, taking bo's defending you should get medallions no questions asked. Im up to 7 forts in a row where "my contribution was too low for rewards" and that is no joke. I can't make this s up. And when you do 7 forts in a row for literally nothing but getting farmed by orders zerg, then you start to think to yourself, "these forts are not worth me wasting my time on. Its impossible for me to get to a flag to get enough contrib anyway, and even if i do its still not garunteed enough to actually get rewards." The problem is this mindset is shared by a lot of destro players, and that number is growing rapidly everyday. Id be more inclined to actually go to a fort if i was garunteed something at all for going and participating...
Destro lost the last 17 forts in a row. As a loser, u never roll. U can partifipating 200%, no chance. Thats why people tap a flag and leave, cause its enough.
Its not enough though...and im aware you dont get a bag roll as loser, but the 7 forts ive done i didn't even get my 2 medals for losing...even though i did things the whole time. Thats an issue.

CountTalabecland

Post#85 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:29 pm

Pretty much every fort is full. IDK where the "its not worth it" mentality comes from.

Clearly everyone thinks it is worth it. IF there is adequate population online, forts are full. I don't think we're anywhere near the point where ppl actively avoid them.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Rekoom

Post#86 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:44 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:29 pm Pretty much every fort is full. IDK where the "its not worth it" mentality comes from.

Clearly everyone thinks it is worth it. IF there is adequate population online, forts are full. I don't think we're anywhere near the point where ppl actively avoid them.
You'd be surprised.

Regarding tank utility I meant Focused Mending combined with WP +20% on disrupt (which is basically up 100% whenever you want, just walk into a pit of shades or something). That's a lot of extra healing Destro does not have access to and that is direly needed considering the amount of aoe damage flying around.

The issue does not happen in SCs because - guess what - SCs are not hundreds of people trying to cover a single point with as much damage as possible.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

zij83

Post#87 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:47 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:29 pm Pretty much every fort is full. IDK where the "its not worth it" mentality comes from.

There have been 10 forts just this week where the defender max was not met.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#88 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:58 pm

Lmao, you only play order, ofc forts are full! you are entirely missing the point. Seriously wtf dude. Today alone destro on both forts had plenty of empty spots and ppl afking right outside jail not even bothering to try. And for what? 1 vanq medalion? lol ok.

Ads
Schweedy

Post#89 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Nekkma wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:10 pm Better to skip forts as cities, orvr and scenarios are more fun and/or rewarding.
Pretty much the only reason I log to play. Make T2-T3 scenario as miserable as possible for Order with optimized and twinked out alt toons. God bless Instructors Boon. :twisted:

EDIT: You can usually tell within the first 5 minutes of a fort if it will be a win or a defeat, so my Book of Return/Guild Scroll gets plenty of use in forts.
Last edited by Schweedy on Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60

VindicoAtrum

Post#90 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:58 pm

Just want to say that aside from all the faction sniping whoever is maintaining this is doing good work. Amazing how the discussion can actually progress with sufficient data.