Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Playing scenarios on weekends/events

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Would You rather...

Wait longer in que for SC pop and have balanced and EVEN team compositions on both sides
74%
Faster que but stomp or get stomped by premeds or by not having balanced team compositions on both sides and go AFK
26%
Total votes: 53

geezereur

Re: [FEEDBACK] Playing scenarios on weekends/events

Post#11 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 pm

I remember when they balance team before, the sc pop for my dps was 2-3 hour long plz dont do this again......

Ads
BrutalWyrm

Post#12 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:25 pm

played hundreds of SCs. You can adapt and spend a few minutes recruiting in LFG for a premade (or join one because there's usually people LFM for SCs at various tiers). Probably take you less time to get a full 'balanced' group than it would to complain on the forums about SC balance.

And just to put this out there because it's clear nothing can make everyone happy: Even if the devs did this there'd still be people complaining about it. having the game balance classes out for you is not a formula for an even game or a good time. Shams/AM can be dps spec, Tanks can be 2h, etc etc, and career levels will be low on one team but higher on the other. You want balance? Make it. it's really that simple. You have the tools ingame to combat the very issue you're complaining about. You dont need a guild to look for group, you dont need to know somebody who knows a guy that can get you some quality dudes to crush scenarios, all you need is a minimum of effort and maybe a little knowledge to lead a group should you feel up to it.

Auto balanced pugs are still pugs for goodness sake.

Bobbiom

Post#13 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:09 am

Longer queue times? No thanks.
As mentioned before a 1000 times on the forums, the solution is to make your own premade.
Even if it is just a duo, trio or quad.

pookie

Post#14 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:11 pm

'played hundreds of SCs'
well i played for two days straight, won 4 out of 30 pugs, i have never experienced such frustration, even playing fighting games on 3 bar connection, this whole event is like an opposite of fun to me, only decent thing was Chaos Wastes boss even tho you can barely win a kill, not to mention getting any loot. orvr works.
'make your own premade'
-you are too little level
-all the guides saying best way to level up is doing SC
is this a catch 22?

Squizzel26

Post#15 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:24 pm

pookie wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:11 pm 'played hundreds of SCs'
well i played for two days straight, won 4 out of 30 pugs, i have never experienced such frustration, even playing fighting games on 3 bar connection, this whole event is like an opposite of fun to me, only decent thing was Chaos Wastes boss even tho you can barely win a kill, not to mention getting any loot. orvr works.
'make your own premade'
is this a catch 22?
No. Just pug queue a scenario then after it ends send a message to some of the other pugs from that scenario and form a party. Keep adding till you have a 2-2-2 six man.

You will be amazed. You don't need to be on discord, you don't have to have lengthy plans or complex tactics. Simple small things like designating a main assist and actually assisting them and knowing that your teammates will actually give you buffs at the start of scenario make a huge difference.

You won't win all of your games, but you'll win enough, especially if you're in the 16-39 bracket.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#16 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:28 pm

They made it rather clear there is no interest in helping/catering to solo players but here's an Ez Fix.

Make the event count for simply partecipating.
Like on this event, you only ''ONLY'' needed to win once the Cemetery with 500, but the rest was ok to just partecipate...

Now, I'm sure the demon ball has provided and is still providing a serious number of embolisms to many players. It helps no one really, just further frustrates a recreational activity that is supposed to be fun. It is obvious that many people at this point are just pugging the game away and unless you are actively trying to get rid of them or further lock them away from event rewards, I suggest you start giving them the ''partecipation prize''.

BrutalWyrm

Post#17 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:06 pm

pookie wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:11 pm 'played hundreds of SCs'
'make your own premade'
is this a catch 22?
You took the time to queue 30 times solo. You'd rather roll the dice and hope a random group will carry you than make the little effort it would take to make a small group for the scenario. You're your own worst enemy, my friend. No one's gonna say you're too low of a level and if they did, **** em and make another group or join another. How lazy can you be?

Nosun

Post#18 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:02 pm

I hardly ever que for scenarios as a pug player not because i don't like them but because I will face nothing but premades. It doesn't matter if i pug as Order or Destro i will get nothing but the other sides same few premades over and over again so why bother.

Ads