Recent Topics

Ads

Is there a trick to keeping your tactics from stop working in dungeons?

Let's talk about... everything else
Oglaf
Suspended

Re: Is there a trick to keeping your tactics from stop working in dungeons?

Post#11 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:40 pm

carlos wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:02 pm
Oglaf wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:50 pm
carlos wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:40 am What rank are you?
38 at the moment.

But it tactics also stop working in there on my 40 Choppa.
My first thought was that it was a bolster issue but if your choppa got the same problem, sadly i got no clue.
It is like clockwork: whenever I enter the final boss instance of each of the Gunbad wings, the tactics all stop applying their effects.

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#12 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:22 am

been that way for a few years , i make a habit of removing and adding all my tactics again, after i enter the dungeon . seems to fix it .

Fenris78

Post#13 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:49 pm

Serious bug for months now, yes : https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/17538

Apparently related to teleporting from RvR lakes / being PvP flagged, while under rank 40 (it only happened until my chars were 40).

Phantasm

Post#14 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:16 pm

I had that problem on BW long time ago (like year) and I start noticing again on WL. Tactics procs dont apear and Hack and Slash dont increase armor pen. Few times I entered city siege and found up get laughable dmg stat - tanks level.
Thats a great catch to prevent it from happening with swap tactics before fly/port.
I remember there was an addon to switch tactics with keybind. Anyone know its name?

Wam

Post#15 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:14 pm

this bug is effecting all tactics? i knew there was a bug that was breaking +stat tactics working for awhile, and it seemed on zone change and relog was the only annoying quick fix

so avoid tactic slot 1? good to know
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#16 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:05 pm

Wam wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:14 pm so avoid tactic slot 1? good to know
Doesn't work. I do have a solution that *DOES* however:

Before going through the shimmering wall to the final boss room in Gunbad, change to an empty tactic set.

Enter boss room.

Reequip the desired tactic set.

It is the entering the boss instance with a tactic set that breaks it. If you enter with an empty one, you're safe.

zij83

Post#17 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:11 pm

The way to fix this is to leave one of your tactic slots blank. Whenever you are about to enter a boss room, dungeon, or RVR area where you will get bolster set your tactics to the blank slot. Once you have entered the instance or been bolstered in the case of RVR, you can then apply the tactic slot with your preferred tactics and they will work. This is a bit of a pain but I've had 100% success rate doing this. It appears to be an issue with bolster or loading tactics into a new instance that causes them to bug out. If you don't have any tactics to load the bug will not happen and then you can apply your tactics once loading has occurred.

havartii

Post#18 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:15 am

Phantasm wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:16 pm I had that problem on BW long time ago (like year) and I start noticing again on WL. Tactics procs dont apear and Hack and Slash dont increase armor pen. Few times I entered city siege and found up get laughable dmg stat - tanks level.
Thats a great catch to prevent it from happening with swap tactics before fly/port.
I remember there was an addon to switch tactics with keybind. Anyone know its name?
goblin closet
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads