Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Tracker One Week In

Let's talk about... everything else
Hardkoar
Suspended

Re: Fort Tracker One Week In

Post#131 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:18 pm

Gurf wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:15 pm The first stage of Forts is basically orvr but with more even numbers, if you have a half decent warband you can get 100's of kills and tonnes of RR on that stage alone, even if you feel you have no chance on stage 2 I don't see why anyone would skip it, stage 1 doesn't particularly favour ranged.
Not everyone plays for the purple number, some do play to win and have realm pride.

Ads
diedrake

Post#132 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:22 pm

Ok so here is my question to destro if xrelmers can push on destro chars... Why cant normal destro faction do it??? Just saying.

Why does it take guys from order to help destro take forts? Hmm... Sounds like normal order players know how to spec and either attack or defend.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Cptkud

Post#133 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:31 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:18 pm
Gurf wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:15 pm The first stage of Forts is basically orvr but with more even numbers, if you have a half decent warband you can get 100's of kills and tonnes of RR on that stage alone, even if you feel you have no chance on stage 2 I don't see why anyone would skip it, stage 1 doesn't particularly favour ranged.
Not everyone plays for the purple number, some do play to win and have realm pride.
Don't get me wrong, the RR can be nice, but usually it's a landslide for Order. They just obliterate Destro both rounds. Definitely would love to win once in a while and definitely have destro pride. I main a rSH, which seems to be it's own issue. I get why destro numbers are dropping and I don't blame them.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#134 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:45 pm

Cptkud wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:31 pm
Don't get me wrong, the RR can be nice, but usually it's a landslide for Order. They just obliterate Destro both rounds. Definitely would love to win once in a while and definitely have destro pride. I main a rSH, which seems to be it's own issue. I get why destro numbers are dropping and I don't blame them.
I hear ya with Rsh, also have mine parked, no point playing one and apparently the solution is ''Play melee SH'' xD

Gurf

Post#135 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:16 pm

But why is the first stage a landslide for Order? There is no particular advantage Order has unless they have more organised warbands inside the fort fighting pugs.

More than likely it's just a phase for Destro, the best Destro guild PnP aren't playing much any more and some of the other Destro high rr players aren't on as much. Order on the other hand although they have no hardcore try hard guilds any more there are a number of decent pug leaders doing a good job, combined with a few guilds like Fog Of War, Smash, CNTK, Rescue Team all running proper organised Warbands most days and at different times, then all the easymode X realmers switch over to Order as soon as the momentum swings.

All it will take is a couple Order leaders to get tired or one decent new Des guild/leader and the momentum can switch back very quickly.

zij83

Post#136 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:58 pm

diedrake wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:22 pm Ok so here is my question to destro if xrelmers can push on destro chars... Why cant normal destro faction do it??? Just saying.

Why does it take guys from order to help destro take forts? Hmm... Sounds like normal order players know how to spec and either attack or defend.
I want you to think as hard as you can about what you just said.

Orotrone

Post#137 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:11 pm

I believe there is some truth to organization and class comp because with every game there are meta's. But at the end of the day you will get a mix of people who are going to play classes that they enjoy and some will play what the meta is and right now this game has a very strict and narrow meta. And if you don't play by that meta then you will lose. And with recent changes to reduce rewards for losing in zones, forts, and cities, knowing you are going to lose can put you in a mindset of not even trying.

In regards to the state of destro mentality it is very low and it relates to what I said above. The argument of "getting good" will be in every game and will always be a topic to discuss as long as new people join the game and current players roll alts. In regards to Destro, we have seen the nerfs to our mdps classes and are starting to see the picture, we need more rdps in our meta. We are rolling new characters to fit into our new meta but now the time to become properly geared and reach a reasonable rr rank has increased due to decreased rewards. Losing hurts more than ever in this game and it's causing too large of a gap between winners and losers.

In response to that guild leader who re-rolled to Order sometime ago and decided to hop back over, push to city, and then post in this forum to show that it can be done, I'm not sure what your point was because it was clear you are trying to prove one or else you wouldn't have needed to post in this forum with your solution to solve all our problems. And by executing your plan you already showed us what we already knew, that destro can win forts when we attack(currently sitting around 50/50 when we attack). The thing you missed in your argument was that you had about 33% of the fort occupants organized under your alliance alone(from what you said about 35 of FMJ and about 12-24 of you). It's one thing to organize an alliance who has experience in the game and playing with each other, its another thing to organize other wb's especially pugs.

I don't have a solution to solve all of our problems but i think there is an issue and if this game wants to not only stay alive but grow then some changes need to be made. Those changes need to be with contribution and reward system as well as a look back into class balancing which ever direction they decide to take it.

Cptkud

Post#138 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:45 pm

Gurf wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:16 pm

But why is the first stage a landslide for Order? There is no particular advantage Order has unless they have more organised warbands inside the fort fighting pugs.

More than likely it's just a phase for Destro, the best Destro guild PnP aren't playing much any more and some of the other Destro high rr players aren't on as much. Order on the other hand although they have no hardcore try hard guilds any more there are a number of decent pug leaders doing a good job, combined with a few guilds like Fog Of War, Smash, CNTK, Rescue Team all running proper organised Warbands most days and at different times, then all the easymode X realmers switch over to Order as soon as the momentum swings.

All it will take is a couple Order leaders to get tired or one decent new Des guild/leader and the momentum can switch back very quickly.
I hope it's just a phase. I feel like I'm just helping order advance while I fall further behind making my grind for sov even more unbearable. So, till the issue is solved, either Derteo learning to play or they find there actually is a balance issue, I'm only popping in for cities. Which have also been going pretty poorly it feels. There's only so much of a beating someone can take before they say, "**** this."

Ads
Naelar

Post#139 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:10 am

Would be curious to know how many of these players that 'switched to prop up Destro' were the same ones that left Destro to prop up Order 2-3 months ago....

Manastacious

Post#140 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:28 am

Just out of curiosity, why was it that Order players' continued kvetching about city win ratios was a legitimate balance issue and this tacker does not demonstrate fundamental problems with the games. Why were Order complaints legitimate and Destro complaints simply a reflection of failure "to do the needful"? Just curious.

Please note this comment intends no denigration of any of the staff members of RoR. I just have a legitimate question that I know they will be able to provide an answer for. I know that no GM would want to appear as though they were mocking players on either side. After all, every member of this community is respected and treated as much more than just a collective of "tolerated undesirables".