Recent Topics

Ads

Developer Musings: An Explanation of Recent Occurances & How We'll Fix Them

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Bohavwn

Re: Developer Musings: An Explanation of Recent Occurances & How We'll Fix Them

Post#91 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:41 pm

If you want to keep Chosen in line with offensive tank why not just give back Crippling Strikes instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with all these changes?

Ads
Zxul

Post#92 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:51 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:42 pm
Oglaf wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:38 pm
Secrets wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:37 pm

It provides defensive benefit to your team. That's why it's in the defensive tree.
It still requires you to crit someone. How is a tank-specced Chosen supposed to have an even remote chance to keep it up?
By speccing renown, gear, or for that free 15% crit tactic that Chosen gets.
Secrets, at this point, because of how much crit dps can get, at least FS3 has become pretty much mandatory for lot of classes (and the ones it isn't (bw, rSW, etc) won't be in range to be hit by chosen). Any kind of tanky chosen won't land it past that often enough to matter, and glass cannon chosen (renown crit so much less defenses, 2h for the 15% tactic, 2 tactic slots offer no personal defenses) won't last long enough in rvr to make an impact. Specially that this tactic will make him a priority target.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

oaliaen

Post#93 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:55 pm

If its a defensive tactic, why does it require to crit ( offensive ) to proc ? Im curious..

Also, it only benefits 6v6.... Never a snb Chosen would crit in a wb.

Imo, you guys turned a good idea to a bad and useless one... :(

Aethilmar

Post#94 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:02 pm

Just another thank you for transparency and open discussion. Despite whatever differences of opinion I have about things at time, you all do better work than most professional game developers and I wish there was a way to reward you monetarily. In lieu of that, good work in a tough job and keep on keeping on.

Flowson
Game Artist

Post#95 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:09 pm

@Secrets
Honestly spoken, Im glad that our Communitys Feedback InGame and Inside this Forum brought this Thread Up. It good to see developers taking care of their community.

If both sides continue to interact like this, we should be able to gernate the "return of recokning" we alwas wanted. Its still a long way, but its worth it ;)

Dispite. Some more Popcorn for everyone never hurt anyone ;) Cheers. Flowson.

Thunderbragi

Post#96 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:24 pm

Ive it possibel to get discordent winds back with shield required?

Uchoo

Post#97 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:36 pm

Vig requiring a shield removes a lot more from the game than it adds imo. Not sure why that's needed.

I thought you guys did a good job catching on to the problem and getting it fixed fast.

It was always cool to be able to spec 13 points mid-tree as 2h Chosen/Knight and get some tanky options. The point is that you're giving up damage and/or utility to do so.

I'm glad to hear that you guys are moving towards a more open and communication based relationship with the community. In my experience, that really benefits everyone.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Sprite089

Post#98 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:57 pm

Why not try this tactic with adjusted values? Could have nerfed the Values to like 10%..
The SW changes werent nerfed this fast, why is that? I agree 25% was too much, but why delete it completly?

Ads
Oglaf
Suspended

Post#99 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:07 pm

Uchoo wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:36 pm Vig requiring a shield removes a lot more from the game than it adds imo. Not sure why that's needed.
Because the Chosen counterpart was made to require a shield due to how the fluff description of the ability mentions a "shield slam".

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#100 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:33 pm

Sprite089 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:57 pm Why not try this tactic with adjusted values? Could have nerfed the Values to like 10%..
The SW changes werent nerfed this fast, why is that? I agree 25% was too much, but why delete it completly?
First off, the quick reversion is because it was a mistake and was never actually intended to go out. This stuff happens sometimes. You should probably read the first post in the topic.

Because the way this tactic worked is problematic. "On taking crit damage" essentially means they have maximum range on the ability to reduce crit, passively, on targets that have high enough levels of crit to get through the tanks defensive capability. Also because it's on taking damage, it's not possible to add an internal cooldown on the proc, which means a Chosen getting crit can have this proc as many times as they get hit, potentially allowing them to debuff dozens of players provided they're able to stay alive (something a healed def-tank is pretty good at).

Changing it to "when I crit", up to 5 people get crit reduction at a pretty generous amount. This vastly reduces the effect of the tactic to be more in line with literally everything else. It makes it group oriented, which we find to be a plus. It makes it active, in that you need to be doing something rather than nothing. And you need to spec for it to make it more reliable, which rewards investing into crit as a primary stat (if that's your jam). If you don't invest into crit, it still works fine, albeit at a much lower rate which is intended to be low if you're playing a more defensive oriented spec. Will you eventually crit? Yes. Will it be often enough to keep this tactic always active? No. If anything is adjusted, it will likely be the duration of the proc, not the implementation, so we could see an appropriate uptime on it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog