Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Improving Manticore feature at fort

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Bignusty

[Suggestion] Improving Manticore feature at fort

Post#1 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:12 am

As you know, Manticore fly is a new feature on fort invasion, its really a good idea from devs to give player new trick to do instead of stay afk for some class , but it need some improvement to be useful as a strategic plan. I'm gonna expose my idea to how it will be useful for organized 6 man party or warband to use this new feature.

1. Upgrade the number of mantis at 6.Why ? because you need 6 man to make a full party and for warband 4x6man, so imagine you can put tank heal first 6 mantis , tank dps second mantis etc etc.

2. Currently Manticore flying on 3 or 4 floor depend of the mantis you mount (mmmm ok.) it's not a good thing cause your party can be spreaded can be killed before to be together. Then how to improve this ?

My idea is when you take manticore all manticore are flying on a platform who cannot be attacked by order or destro or on the fourth floor. And on this platform if not on fourth floor you can find 2 portals 1 for 3 floor and 1 for 4 floor, then your 6 man or warband can make some strategic trick to invade floors and be more organized whit other warband leader leading the offensiv of the fortress to force the defence to spread on each floor to avoid manticore invader .

I think its how this feature need to work for make it useful to use and be a big part of a fortress invasion.

I'm curious about your opinion for this idea and maybe some of you can adjust some things on it .

See ya !

Ads
VindicoAtrum

Re: [Suggestion] Improving Manticore feature at fort

Post#2 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:29 pm

Pretty sure the flyers will be iterated on regardless of this suggestion. They're an excellent idea, just not quite good enough to change fort strategy just yet.

They're new - give the devs some time to work on it.

Bignusty

Post#3 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:54 am

That is why i'm giving my idea for maybe future change for this feature ;) !

Cptkud

Post#4 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:01 pm

Bignusty wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:12 am As you know, Manticore fly is a new feature on fort invasion, its really a good idea from devs to give player new trick to do instead of stay afk for some class , but it need some improvement to be useful as a strategic plan. I'm gonna expose my idea to how it will be useful for organized 6 man party or warband to use this new feature.

1. Upgrade the number of mantis at 6.Why ? because you need 6 man to make a full party and for warband 4x6man, so imagine you can put tank heal first 6 mantis , tank dps second mantis etc etc.

2. Currently Manticore flying on 3 or 4 floor depend of the mantis you mount (mmmm ok.) it's not a good thing cause your party can be spreaded can be killed before to be together. Then how to improve this ?

My idea is when you take manticore all manticore are flying on a platform who cannot be attacked by order or destro or on the fourth floor. And on this platform if not on fourth floor you can find 2 portals 1 for 3 floor and 1 for 4 floor, then your 6 man or warband can make some strategic trick to invade floors and be more organized whit other warband leader leading the offensiv of the fortress to force the defence to spread on each floor to avoid manticore invader .

I think its how this feature need to work for make it useful to use and be a big part of a fortress invasion.

I'm curious about your opinion for this idea and maybe some of you can adjust some things on it .

See ya !
Scrap the manticore completely and give us orc catapults and goblin doom divers with a chance of death every time. And if you are unlucky enough to die on impact, it does a TON of aoe damage where they land. Also, let us aim it like the rock lobbers. They wanna base the game on lore and cinematics? Lets do this! If they implemented this, I might actually play forts again.