Recent Topics

Ads

warrior priest dps, thoughts

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
yoluigi

Re: warrior priest dps, thoughts

Post#71 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:15 am

The whole shield destroyed our class like our main ability to stay alive was radiance now we got Bludgeon which only does domage.. Something that would be interesting is to give bludgeon some king of debuff that stack like the ib armor debuff -200 each hit stack to 4 times. And give Guilty soul all dot done come back as health. (life steal)

Ads
Gareul

Post#72 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 am

I was gonna put that in my proposal but wasnt sure on what extra could be done for bludgeon, it seems everyone is also asking for guilty soul lifetap back but i doubt they will give the 20% wrath damage and lifetap heal at same time. I still think they should ditch shield and make grace dual wield, block just makes things to unblanced for non tank class u gotta gimp the class to balance it would rather offense based heals in heavy armor like they are in total war 2, so WP can be Melee Heals Dual Wield, Dps 2Hander, Dok can be Melee Heals 2hander, Dps Dual Wield, also wouldnt mind DoK dps tree to be less of a almost exact mirror somehow. Would like to see DoK get some more debuffing and WP get some more Buffing or improved in there melee specs.
Last edited by Gareul on Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

yoluigi

Post#73 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:53 am

Gareul wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 am I was gonna put that in my proposal but wasnt sure on what extra could be done for bludgeon, it seems everyone is also asking for guilty soul lifetap back but i doubt they will give the 20% wrath damage and lifetap heal at same time.
Or Bludgeon give some kind of heal like radiance but only to the défensive target. Would be fun to see and be able to use Radiance animation again for 2h. (spinning swinging hammer ) That animation was badass with a shield kinda makes no sense.(why swing with a shield lol)

reistahlen

Post#74 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:35 am

A few questions:
- When you're fresh 40 en starting dungeons, do you do them as DPS or heal?
- Can we level as DPS, or do we need to play healer until we hit the good gear?

I really, REALLY want to play DPS WP, but I'm afraid I won't be able to do a lot of what the game has to offer if I stick to DPS.

Gurf

Post#75 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:05 pm

reistahlen wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:35 am A few questions:
- When you're fresh 40 en starting dungeons, do you do them as DPS or heal?
- Can we level as DPS, or do we need to play healer until we hit the good gear?

I really, REALLY want to play DPS WP, but I'm afraid I won't be able to do a lot of what the game has to offer if I stick to DPS.
- You are only likely to get a spot as a healer in Dungeons, unless they cant find an extra DPS or unless you organise the group yourself

- You can level how you like and play how you like, no problem with levelling as DPS you just have to ignore any comment you might get in chat, the main issue you will have for DPS gear is when you hit level 40 there isn't a great dps RVR armour set, so you would probably need to do Beastlord and grind scenarios until you can get Warlord gear

normanis

Post#76 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:41 pm

play wp like u whnat byt u need tough skin vs realm mates critic. best is start as healer and than when u gained some dps gear become dps and go with friend ib. extra guard/str/armor /resist/crit/parry + more some ib buffs
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

catholicism198

Post#77 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:01 pm

Who said I don’t want them to make changes?
I actually want them to start from scratch now that they have better control over the client. There have been way too many contradicting “visions” for the game should be that classes have ended up being all over the place.
I personally hate the shield change. It looks so silly and adds more unnecessary gear set combinations and grinds.

As for the whole dw.. this game doesn’t have the animations to support that. They’d need a dedicated team to create and code them. The shield version doesn’t even use new animations and they only have two new skills... the most they can do is attach new particle effects.

Gareul

Post#78 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:15 pm

The separated grace sets for block are also affecting gear builds for WP/DoK.

Ads
penagos22

Post#79 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:53 pm

Gareul wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 am I was gonna put that in my proposal but wasnt sure on what extra could be done for bludgeon, it seems everyone is also asking for guilty soul lifetap back but i doubt they will give the 20% wrath damage and lifetap heal at same time. I still think they should ditch shield and make grace dual wield, block just makes things to unblanced for non tank class u gotta gimp the class to balance it would rather offense based heals in heavy armor like they are in total war 2, so WP can be Melee Heals Dual Wield, Dps 2Hander, Dok can be Melee Heals 2hander, Dps Dual Wield, also wouldnt mind DoK dps tree to be less of a almost exact mirror somehow. Would like to see DoK get some more debuffing and WP get some more Buffing or improved in there melee specs.
Maybe reworking divine justice to give % of damage per crit, and guilty soul will do damage and healing, I think rn we dont need the dot of guilty soul a good change will be a instant spirit damage, and hammer of sigmar our rf use tool, with a short cc

penagos22

Post#80 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:58 pm

A shorter CD of hammer of hammer of sigmar will allow builds without crit chance. Build into full str, wounds, fs and tougness, this will help to new wp dps because is very hard find crit chance in our dps sets. And give more ways to Build our wp.