Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
teiloh

Re: [Sorc] Suggestions

Post#81 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:25 am

That's a really weird AOE build imo

Ads
Atropik

Post#82 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:12 am

teiloh wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:19 pm Manic Obsession should be improved but Sorcs do not need more ST burst. If AV was changed to no longer crit heal it could use a small boost. Maybe a bit of up-front damage. Afaik Shield of Aqshy was also nerfed to not stack so SOD is in the same category.
-Manic obsession should be removed from the game together with Obsession itself xd
-AV cant crit since Live, it heals for 200 per tick now.
-SoA does not stack with pot since 1.2 patch.
Nicelook | Obey

Atropik

Post#83 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:16 am

teiloh wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:15 pm Show me where damage formulas for Sorcs radically changed (other than Sorcs getting a Spirit Debuff tactic, which was a mistake). I'll be waiting.
Sorc was given a spirit debuf tactic the same day BW was given WoP(FoF)+VoN, so i assume you would like to roll it back?

Talking about damage formulas, well, there were 4 nerf stages for aoe sorc during Live:
- PoS/RoF does not stack
- Reduce radius of all aoe abilities
- Reduce damage of aoe abilities for sorc/bw + PoS/RoF rework - so it ticks ever 1.5 sec + new animation for RoF (this is when SK, Gon Became so awful)
- Surging Pain/SE consume Combustion.

And the final stage - here in RoR combat formulas were build from the scratch and they are pretty much different from what it was - abilities do less damage here, thats a fact, Im talking about all abilities, not only sorc, plus disrupt was never such an issue on live.
teiloh wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:23 pm You don't want to rotate in an AOE that ticks 1500ish damage (or more) with multiple proc chances? It's one of the most damaging (over time) spells out there, if I'm not mistaken.
You are deeply mistaken about everything in this sentence.
Nicelook | Obey

Atropik

Post#84 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:53 am

ScumFM wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:32 pm Here is where I see the main issue of the Sorc:

I think we can all agree that the Sorc/BW are terrible classes if not properly supported. Similar to Choppa/Slayer they are very reliant on group support to do anything. They are the pure glass cannon ranged dps, just as Choppa/Slayer are the glass cannon melee dps.

A class that relies on group support to function should be desirable in a group. To be desirable in a warband, a class should stack well. Choppa and Slayer do. Bright Wizard does. Sorc does not. The why can probably be debated, but fact is that Order is stacking BWs in warbands and Destro is not stacking sorcs.
As a choppa/slayer you may actually have a solo/def/utility build, you still have medium armor, sprint, root breaker, defensive m1, heal channeling, core undefendable KD, you can stack parry up to 60% and slot riposte, even BaracudaXXX managed to do so and he was tough and killed a lot despite the fact he clicked 1234 with mouse button. Unlike Sorc/BW, - unplayable solo, bad in 6/6 and not really the best option in 24/24, it may shine on in a pug wbs clashes. BW shines better simply because there is no WL or Engis on destro.
Nicelook | Obey

ScumFM

Post#85 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:54 am

Atropik wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:53 am unplayable solo, bad in 6/6 and not really the best option in 24/24
I am not sure WLs and Enigs are the reason for the Sorc underperforming, but I think this is a slightly exaggerated, but still accurate description of the problem. Sorc feels like a class that does not fit the game. The only thing she excels at is killing people in unorganized play that were not paying attention.

The many baffling spells Sorc has do not help the problem. Shades of Death, Gloom of Night, Focused Obsession, Absorb Vitality, Shroud of Darkness and the 3 tree m4s, are all abilities that go from extremely niche usage to not worth casting.

Not to mention that the class mechanic of the BW/Sorc is making them unattractive to play. Not only is the backlash you can give yourself immense for damage that other classes can match without this drawback, but keeping your class resource up is also a chore. I think most people are sick of seeing and hearing Sorcs spamming these damned Ice Spikes before and between fights.

Caduceus

Post#86 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:06 am

Atropik wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:53 am unplayable solo
*triggered*

But also, no.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

wonshot

Post#87 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:17 am

Bozzax wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:27 pm IMHO Sorcs need to be made more enjoyable solo ... simple as that. The lack of util is mindboggling compared to mirror. It is a quite sucky class tbh.
Hmm not sure I quite agree with that, but willing to hear some arguements to back it up to convince me othervice :)
I actually think a solo sorc is more potent than a solo BW. The disarm helps if you catch the white lion before he knocks you on the ass, there is a tiny bit more sustain if you spec for solo.

Yeah Fireclown gets the first tick of Withering heat for the instant snare, a selfclense and armorshield that doesnt stack with potion but instead overlaps strongest value plus a way wider arsenal of useful proc tactics. But on the utility front I would honestly argue that sorc could bring more utility in teamplay, in form of the Self-pump plus M4 root (m3 version of knight No Escape) for largescale. Along with the Armorplating version 20%damage mitigation for 20seconds for the group. Where as the Fireclown just gets raw damage, on top of damage.

The overall career theme for destro group synergies just seem to be more about teamplay and roles, if we look at specs like monstro mara, meatball squig, sorc morales, choppa aoe tree. And compare them to order's "pew pew ill be the carry" ego specs. Then the destro classes are more about mitigating, denying and preventing.

A singletarget sorc with the ability to selfdebuff his own rotation makes for a better solo queueing rdps than BW, and that honestly is the role sorc fits. Pug stomping timestamping order ego-players imho. The career does that well enough and because of the strongly overtuned class mechanic of the two classes the fine balance between having a pugstomping monster and nuking premades is very easy to upset.

(all of that being said flashfire could use a nerf and same for tactic for wider RoF)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Atropik

Post#88 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:46 am

wonshot wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:17 am The disarm helps if you catch the white lion before he knocks you on the ass, there is a tiny bit more sustain if you spec for solo.
In this case it doesnt even matter, cause WL can preload KD, silence or pull you away while being disarmed. Sorry xd
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
ScumFM

Post#89 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:06 am

wonshot wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:17 am A singletarget sorc with the ability to selfdebuff his own rotation makes for a better solo queueing rdps than BW, and that honestly is the role sorc fits. Pug stomping timestamping order ego-players imho
Is that really enough to fill a careers entire identity though? Killing people that were not playing attention in unorganized play? Especially when it's mirror is one of the staples of large scale dps, that will frustrate people.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#90 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:15 am

teiloh wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:15 pm
emiliorv wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:34 am
teiloh wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:39 pm GoN crit for 400-500 on my Sorc on live.
So you were talking all this time based on how the things was on live servers...LMAO
Show me where damage formulas for Sorcs radically changed (other than Sorcs getting a Spirit Debuff tactic, which was a mistake). I'll be waiting.

Development and Direction

We are not Mythic, this is not Age of Reckoning.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16391