Recent Topics

Ads

Melee SH is bonkers

Let's talk about... everything else
tomolyons

Re: Melee SH is bonkers

Post#71 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:55 pm

You know something is over performing when it gets used all the time. Same thing for armor pots but I'm not gonna get into that.

Melee squig herder can knockdown, knock back, has great damage too. To me it should be used as a back up form not something where you can constantly run around in. There isn't any negative about being in the squig form that's the issue. Maybe reduced speed or reduced chance of something. It's annoying seeing that a Melee SH has 'parried' your attack, can you explain that?

Ads
sgtnanners

Post#72 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:06 pm

tomolyons wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:55 pm You know something is over performing when it gets used all the time. Same thing for armor pots but I'm not gonna get into that.

Melee squig herder can knockdown, knock back, has great damage too. To me it should be used as a back up form not something where you can constantly run around in. There isn't any negative about being in the squig form that's the issue. Maybe reduced speed or reduced chance of something. It's annoying seeing that a Melee SH has 'parried' your attack, can you explain that?
Gets used all the time relative to other classes or relative to different specs? Because rSH is pretty crap which is why 80% of SH play melee. If you are talking about relative to other destro classes I doubt it is as popular as you think. I would love someone to do some census information on classes to see which are most and least played on both sides. Also lol at mSH can parry your attacks. I laugh everytime a tank "blocks" my sorcs spells like how does that make sense. Explain that to me.
84 Sorc
82 Squig Herder
7x Shaman
7x Ironbreaker

agemennon675

Post#73 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:49 pm

metroid24 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:37 pm Nishka, since you are posting a forum whine/troll without any kind of supporting arguments as to why Melee SH is "bonkers", allow me to set you straight.
-Just because "Some Melee SH" outperformed a few sorcs damage wise on a scoreboard, does not mean anything. Ok? now lets get to facts.
-Melee SH, you know the class that gets played over the Ranged Version because the ranged version sucks, is an AoE based jumping meatball that does medium AoE damage, and so so single target damage. Their biggest benefits to a Warband are the Indigestion (the counter part to slayers 5 sec cd increaser) and Really Bad Gas on top of Big Bouncing aoe "burst".
-Now, Melee SH's have been nerfed once, correctly, when they allowed the Territorial Aggresion to be stacked with All By Meself. After that nerf, the AoE damage became acceptable but by no means up to scratch against a good AoE sorc.
-The Melee Squigs damage is mostly Physical, and they dont have many means to stack insane weaponskill like Shadow Warriors etc, so while their AoE will hit lower armored targets hard, Warrior Priests, tanks etc will not be bothered by a lone Melee Squigs damage. As with any AoE damage class, the way to kill stuff is to stack multiple AoEs / Morales on one area, and the AoE squig does that well enough. The high numbers come from the fact that they do decent sustained damage and are quite tougher than sorcs, so a guarded Melee Squig could stay in fights a bit longer as well, and also get in fights quicker due to their Squig Leap.
-I have seen SW's outperform good melee squigs on AoE damage in numbers, again that does not say everything, but dont whine about it when their counterpart the SW does : Better ST damage in ASW, similar AoE damage but less utility as an AoE, and way WAY better in the RDPS spec. that is 3 points for SW and 1 point for SH. There are several order/destro mirrors that are the same "balance" situation as that.
SW aoe is in skirm stance, its a rdps in light armor that have to be in 65ft to do its dmg, SH aoe is in melee spec with double armor buff+%15 %100 uptime avoidence, its basically ASW with aoe, I would pick MSH over aoeSW in any warband scale fight
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

wonshot

Post#74 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:08 pm

A Meleesquigherder topping the damage charts to me, sounds like one or several of the following was happening:

- Order stacked up, and blew up in a 20sec skirmish. This allows for mobile aoe specs with no rampup time to excell and bypass stronger more consistance aoe specs/careers.
- The Squig had a Blackorc feeding him Waag to make a cooldown-reliant build have less cooldown and more uptime on his aoe ability that is on an 8sec cd.
- MSH was probably outgearing a good portion of the order & destro players in a stomp victory.

Now from my time of farming cities one player I could never beat in damagedone during stomps would be Azeune on his WL. Having an exeptional good player on a class with no rampup time compared to the sorc/bw mechanic and extra mobility, in stomps he would reach the enemy stack before me, get more uptime and have bigger damageoutput. Simply because of how Loner/TA tactics make a classmechanic give instant flat damage from the get-go. And that is fine, but also a big factor and reason why this topic is even a thing.

For a Meatball to really reach those high numbers, he needs a coordinated cooldown reduction in his group, he needs to not get taunted mid channel, or possition himself correctly for best criticalmass. Not exactly hard, but supricingly few times you see either order tanks interruping propperly or meatballs exploiting this fact :D

And then again, damagenumbers means pretty much nothing. It is just a nice tool for checking and comparing builds honestly, and spot if anyone is severely underperforming.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Nosun

Post#75 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:30 pm

BUFF RDPS SQUIGGY :)

metroid24

Post#76 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:48 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:49 pm
metroid24 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:37 pm Nishka, since you are posting a forum whine/troll without any kind of supporting arguments as to why Melee SH is "bonkers", allow me to set you straight.
-Just because "Some Melee SH" outperformed a few sorcs damage wise on a scoreboard, does not mean anything. Ok? now lets get to facts.
-Melee SH, you know the class that gets played over the Ranged Version because the ranged version sucks, is an AoE based jumping meatball that does medium AoE damage, and so so single target damage. Their biggest benefits to a Warband are the Indigestion (the counter part to slayers 5 sec cd increaser) and Really Bad Gas on top of Big Bouncing aoe "burst".
-Now, Melee SH's have been nerfed once, correctly, when they allowed the Territorial Aggresion to be stacked with All By Meself. After that nerf, the AoE damage became acceptable but by no means up to scratch against a good AoE sorc.
-The Melee Squigs damage is mostly Physical, and they dont have many means to stack insane weaponskill like Shadow Warriors etc, so while their AoE will hit lower armored targets hard, Warrior Priests, tanks etc will not be bothered by a lone Melee Squigs damage. As with any AoE damage class, the way to kill stuff is to stack multiple AoEs / Morales on one area, and the AoE squig does that well enough. The high numbers come from the fact that they do decent sustained damage and are quite tougher than sorcs, so a guarded Melee Squig could stay in fights a bit longer as well, and also get in fights quicker due to their Squig Leap.
-I have seen SW's outperform good melee squigs on AoE damage in numbers, again that does not say everything, but dont whine about it when their counterpart the SW does : Better ST damage in ASW, similar AoE damage but less utility as an AoE, and way WAY better in the RDPS spec. that is 3 points for SW and 1 point for SH. There are several order/destro mirrors that are the same "balance" situation as that.
SW aoe is in skirm stance, its a rdps in light armor that have to be in 65ft to do its dmg, SH aoe is in melee spec with double armor buff+%15 %100 uptime avoidence, its basically ASW with aoe, I would pick MSH over aoeSW in any warband scale fight
SW AoE is squishier but you can use it in 65 ft range while a SH has to be within 20/30 feet.....so it is NOT basically ASW as their ranges are much different! If you would pick MSH over an AoE SW that is your personal choice but they both have their uses, obviously Melee Squig is a better short ranged AoE focused class than SW but the SW has better ST BOTH in Ranged and in ST Melee, you cannot have ALL THREE! Assault SW is an insane class as well with no destro counterpart, as well as AoE SW being able to triple stack BHA on multiple targets from long range.

Schweedy

Post#77 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:59 pm

This reminds me of those people that complaint about Engineers that heal for 50K plus in scenarios due to Destro being bad.

Laughable and unsupported assertions by bad Order players.
Seriously folks. Learn to play the class or ask someone who does before opining like a CNN news anchor.

All you got to do is switch realms and type /Advice.
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60

geezereur

Post#78 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Alot of fluff aoe damage but he cant spam his aoe damage like some classes can.

Ads