Ads

Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
juca

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#151 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:23 pm

eng gun turret not working well. not showing the abilities,

Last edited by juca on Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#152 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:24 pm

From the short fights I had today: SH is more static and does A LOT more damage.

Collision

Post#153 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:29 pm
farng84 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:23 pm
Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:14 pm

This one for exemple ?

viewtopic.php?t=39050
Not sure I see the proposal of reducing the range of quick shootin'.
Copied from the post

Path of Quick Shootin':

-Tactic Shootin Wif' da wind: Path of Quick Shootin' abilities penetrate 25% armor.
-Run 'n Shoot base range increased to 100'
-Yer bleedin' Now stacks up to 3 times and base range increased to 100'
-Tactic Split Arrows: Run 'n Shoot and Yer Bleedin' now hit all enemies within 20' of your initial target, but their range is reduced to 65'.
-Run Away move to core abilities.
-Move Explodin' Arrer to 5pt Path of Quick Shootin'
-Add new ability "Barrage" (same as Shadow Warrior) to 13pt Quick Shootin'.

The only suggestion about reducing range was on a tactic witch would reduce from 100 to 65 ft as trade off to make the two skills aoe.
A little different
Yes 100% RSW mirror. Not what we wanted . Again we will look into how it works on live server for some time , maybe we can increase RnS and Yer Bleedin to 100ft , but it too early to change anything . We don’t do rework to change it 2 hours after because theoricraft while reading patch notes .
Like the nerf of the crit reduction from the chosen ? oh wait wasn't 2h, just 12h

Jorsell

Post#154 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:36 pm

Jurki wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:50 pm Evening. Im really surprised by the changes. I can see the potential in some changes but Im afraid that most of the stuff wasnt really needed to improve the sh (as i mentioned in my proposal).

Now big shootin is more viable making the sh yet another stationary rdps the game actually had enough already or a melee meatball where you cant even see the character model lol.

Now the high mobility aspect of the class is nearly gone since the range is so heavily limited now that you cant (even if you wanted to) react in dismounting chasing enemies or keeping them away from you which you must since the fragile nature of a gobbo (as it should be).

It really feels weird to play quick shooting now. I could understand the changes if that path is like a hybrid one combining skirmish range skills and melee skills but reducing the range is really just indirectly blocking out an extremely important aspect of that path which was class defining, like the core of the class itself: the mobile, micromanaging, fast paced gameplay.
I wrote in my SH change proposal that it might be helpful, without buffing SH into the next dimension, to actually give all quick shootin abilities 100ft and to change the effect of the tactic (SWDW), as the developers did, which is nice to see. But the reduced range is a crucial and heavy limitation to the kiting aspect of the class, which was the most important tool when playing quick shootin BECAUSE the gobbo itself is fragile but fast, green and mean at the same time.

Im playing that class, as many of you guys might know, for several years and reading the patch notes and after that testing the new changes myself in the lake and sc was a really devastating experience if Im honest. I also know that it was the first step to make the changes and that feedback is helping the devs to better adjust, so i hope that there are some other SH's (and not just the melee, big shootin warband guys who have a rr45 - sorry if Im rude) who can share their thoughts too and hopefully have an impact on the next decisions of the devs regarding the SH changes.

I really, really hope, as I already told a dev via discord, that you, dear developers, look at the shootin wif da wind changes and increase the range again, because the reduced range introduced by this patch really carves out the soul of this class, dont know how to explain it in another way.

If you developers want some help or thoughts in adjusting the changes, just let me know, I would love to help.

Totally agree, didnt feel like it needed any changes, if any changes were to happen, the range should be untouched.
A small boost in damage could be discussed but .. I was really happy with my rsh before the changes / Hulkngi

Teefz

Post#155 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:40 pm

Jurki wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:50 pm Evening. Im really surprised by the changes. I can see the potential in some changes but Im afraid that most of the stuff wasnt really needed to improve the sh (as i mentioned in my proposal).

Now big shootin is more viable making the sh yet another stationary rdps the game actually had enough already or a melee meatball where you cant even see the character model lol.

Now the high mobility aspect of the class is nearly gone since the range is so heavily limited now that you cant (even if you wanted to) react in dismounting chasing enemies or keeping them away from you which you must since the fragile nature of a gobbo (as it should be).

It really feels weird to play quick shooting now. I could understand the changes if that path is like a hybrid one combining skirmish range skills and melee skills but reducing the range is really just indirectly blocking out an extremely important aspect of that path which was class defining, like the core of the class itself: the mobile, micromanaging, fast paced gameplay.
I wrote in my SH change proposal that it might be helpful, without buffing SH into the next dimension, to actually give all quick shootin abilities 100ft and to change the effect of the tactic (SWDW), as the developers did, which is nice to see. But the reduced range is a crucial and heavy limitation to the kiting aspect of the class, which was the most important tool when playing quick shootin BECAUSE the gobbo itself is fragile but fast, green and mean at the same time.

Im playing that class, as many of you guys might know, for several years and reading the patch notes and after that testing the new changes myself in the lake and sc was a really devastating experience if Im honest. I also know that it was the first step to make the changes and that feedback is helping the devs to better adjust, so i hope that there are some other SH's (and not just the melee, big shootin warband guys who have a rr45 - sorry if Im rude) who can share their thoughts too and hopefully have an impact on the next decisions of the devs regarding the SH changes.

I really, really hope, as I already told a dev via discord, that you, dear developers, look at the shootin wif da wind changes and increase the range again, because the reduced range introduced by this patch really carves out the soul of this class, dont know how to explain it in another way.

If you developers want some help or thoughts in adjusting the changes, just let me know, I would love to help.
Spot on. Going to add that both Shadow Warrior + Squig herder needs the range increase tactic in order to make their skirmish/quick shootin' tree viable and not feel like a big clunky mess.

I simply do not understand the need to change the base range of a class that this game has always operated around, without providing the classes with an option to spec for more range at the cost of a tactic slot - I did not understand it with the Shadow Warrior rework and I still don't.

Jinxypie

Post#156 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:43 pm

Collision wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Like the nerf of the crit reduction from the chosen ? oh wait wasn't 2h, just 12h
Thats exactly the first thing that came to my mind as well. Overnerfed asap and forgotten for good. :(
Last edited by Jinxypie on Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Jurki

Post#157 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:47 pm

Kabuco wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:17 pm The range reduction was obvious to anybody with a deep knowledge of class balancing after the rSW rework.
Both mastery trees we reworked are mid-range focused. Now the are really mid range and not gimped into long range.
This is highly questionable, since a reduced range is also limiting the class in its most important tool and thats kiting. Also the limited range of the pets are still an issue. The overall dmg increase wasnt needed but increasing the dmg and reducing the range is just turning the sh into a static rdps who might not even has finish em off since its in the QS path.

Giving quick shooting 100ft from the start and changing SWDW to give it some amount of armor pen + a decreased cooldown on Squig Frenzy would have been enough (that would be something to actually try).

I think its wise to test it and to adjust the range again. Since Grunbag already posted that your team wants to test it and to adjust in steps (which is quite clever) it clearly shows that it isnt "obvious to anybody with a deep knowledge of class balancing after the rSW rework" but underlines the importance of discussion (with people who are experienced in that class for example) and for further and most important careful testing. I highly recommend that you guys stay open for discussion and feedback out of the SH playing community on this one.
Last edited by Jurki on Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

berneke91

Post#158 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:53 pm

Squig Herder gonna be hot stuff right now. I wasnt to sure about the range nerf but I think the new toolkit might make up for it.
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

Ads
Kabuco
Former Staff

Post#159 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:04 pm

You ever looked at the description of Quick Shootin?
It says something about short range. Since when is nearly 100ft short range?
If you have a red name, you're on the wrong side!

OCRANA ...deal with it

Kabuco BW RR8x
Kynai WE RR8x

lyncher12

Post#160 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:19 pm

65 ft ranged against order which has the best middle finger to ranged in the game. big laughs