Ads

Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Specialpatrol

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#201 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:27 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:51 pm
Specialpatrol wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:48 pmHere's a mind-boggler. The original Vigilance was basically a short-term self-imposed guard effect, yes? Maybe - just maybe - that is why it used the same icon as Guard. Whaddaya think?
Or maybe Mythic forgot to give it a unique icon like all other abilities that generally have unique icons, although often they are similar. IIRC there's a Zealot skill with a duplicated icon too.

Jesus of all the things to get upset about in this patch you chose to rant about an icon change.
Oh, I'm sorry. Please tell me what I should be upset over. SH changes? As an FYI, it's not just an icon change. It's an icon change that cements the idea that ability icons should be taken literally and 'Vigilance' should require shield (the new icon now portrays a guy with a shield) - despite a reversion were more or less promised in a previous 'developer' thread.

But yeah, your probably right. Mythic probably just forgot to change it themselves. Like they probably just forgot to make it Shield-dependent only.

Or wait... Maybe they didn't forget it, but used the same icon as Guard, since it actually kinda does make sense, with Vigilance being a personal guard effect and all. And maybe since Vigilance, just like Guard, was never intended to be shield-dependent only (if so, the Laurels of victory tactic makes absolutely no sense), they probably thought that players would get that and not read the icons literally. But apparently not.

Wanna keep this chat going?
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Ads
Fatpig

Post#202 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:30 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:14 pm
oaliaen wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:48 pm @Devs

Can you explain the theory behind nerfing rSH range ?

Click here to watch on YouTube
Can he do it when someones trying to smack him on 'ead with an axe though?

SmackdownNinja

Post#203 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:41 pm

I would take another look at the HTL change when you guys get a chance. It was fine in its previous state and already balanced. Blanket nerfs are usually a bad idea due to its effect on so many different things at once in the game. The only scenario that this change make sense is in forts due to all rdps spam that destro has to go through. If the change is here to stay then I think it would be better to only have this version of HTL active when you enter a fort zone. In every other part of the game rdps already have their dmg reduced through challenge, bellows, and avoidances. Keeping this change only magnifies that issue. If the new HTL is only active in fort zones then it would solve both issues. Thanks for the continued support of this game!
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Grimir

Post#204 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:45 pm

Well,

I've been testing this rSH rework for a few hours tonight and, for me (QS rSH), it's definitely not my gameplay anymore, mainly because of this nerf of the QS abilities range. For me, it's just unplayable in this state, not viable (siege and roaming).
Since I'm not interested in playing a static post with the BS path, I think that if things have to stay as they are, I will consider focusing on another class.
It's a real heartbreaker because I really loved this class (for his range and mobility) that was so fun to play before and which give me now the feeling, after those few hours of testing, to not suit me anymore.

For sure, i gonna give it another try but, sadly, I already don't feel the same enthusiasm as before to log in this character...

Teefz

Post#205 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:07 am

BS:

- 100ft finisher back in big shooting where it belongs.
- Sharpnel Arrer back to 5pt ability
- Sharpened Arrer remains.
- Exploding Arrer back to BS core

QS:

- Remove Behind Ya! - add the useful range interrupt and up the dmg of that a little, since crit dmg will be replaced by old SWDW
- Add old version of SWDW.
- Da Waaagh Iz Strong remains.
- Shootin' Quicka remains.
- Shoot Thru Ya back to QS core so rSH still has aoe (2s cast still)
- Not So Fast!(old version) back to qs core*

Morale:

- Squig Beast back to m3.
- Soothin' mushroom wrap restored to m1 (believe it or not, this morale actually get used, especially in PVE)*

Here you go, fixed it.

*ninjaedit* fixed missing changes
Last edited by Teefz on Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#206 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:14 am

ztil wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:00 pm
Omegus wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:51 pm Jesus of all the things to get upset about in this patch you chose to rant about an icon change.
Imagine if the worst part of this squig herder change was that the Stop Runnin icon has been replaced by just another icon with an arrow through a foot. :lol:
To be fair, the old Stop Runnin icon is clearly a spearhead and not an arrow. We changed Vigilance because we were going through other icons and had never seen it on something else, seemed appropriate to toss that in there as well. The meme'd up point made that "vigilance look like shield, need shield. ug." was a single point among several others that people latched onto as illogical or baseless I guess? That we clearly base abilities on their icons and that's why we're idiots or whatever. Certainly nothing to do with it being a powerful defensive ability at the top of their defensive tree, where most other tank classes in their defensive tree also have a shield requirement on their most defensive abilities, as if defense was tied to shields for some reason, but apparently that's too much of a stretch and balance is done with crayons and pictures.

Given the opportunity to swap out an icon with a more appropriate one, we will, that's all.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

catholicism198

Post#207 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:15 am

Teefz wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:07 am Image

BS:

QS:

- Remove Behind Ya! - add the useful range interrupt and up the dmg of that a little, since crit dmg will be replaced by old SWDW

Morale:

Here you go, fixed it.
These changes look great!
All make sense and they're backed by a dedicated squig herder!

Lithenir

Post#208 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:31 am

catholicism198 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:15 am
Teefz wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:07 am
Spoiler:

BS:

QS:

Morale:

Here you go, fixed it.
That's exactly the problem you are showing with this proposal. As "dedicated squig herder" you cannot really propose unbiased which means it's not a really balanced suggestion. Ofc devs need to figure which is worthy to look at from a bnalance point

Ads
Teefz

Post#209 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:36 am

Lithenir wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:31 am
catholicism198 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:15 am
Teefz wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:07 am
Spoiler:

BS:

QS:

Morale:

Here you go, fixed it.
That's exactly the problem you are showing with this proposal. As "dedicated squig herder" you cannot really propose unbiased which means it's not a really balanced suggestion. Ofc devs need to figure which is worthy to look at from a bnalance point
Maybe you do not realize that I would much rather take the pre-patch squig, than this current version. If you do not believe me, you are always welcome to read my 16 pages of feedback for the rework and judge for yourself. If this was meant as a biased suggestion, surely I would have kept the crit dmg, crit chance and squig beast as M1 and got rid of something else entirely no?

Ugle

Post#210 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:46 am

So, pretty much the same arguments from experienced non biased sh players as was the tone of experienced sw players back when sw rework was done.
It basically comes down to this; are the end result of the rework in sum more enjoyable(subjective) and/ or more effective (objective) than the previous version?
If yes. All good, player just need to adapt to changes.
If no? Further work/adjustements/balance/rework/ reverts should be done.
inactive